ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alsanober
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by alsanober » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:32 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:23 pm
alsanober wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:08 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:48 pm
Hi, could someone please help me with the below question URGENTLY, I've ticked the below question as 'Yes' but I got confusion that dependent means wife or child as I don't have child as yet??

Do you have any dependants not applying with you at this time?

Thanks
Vesh
if you wife has ILR /BC, then she is not your dependent.
Thanks for your reply. She hasn’t got ILR yet. She is on FLR(M). So she tis still my dependent or spouse ?

Thanks
Vesh
yes she is.

lv21
Newly Registered
India

Post by lv21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:42 am

Hello. I have been a silent observer for a while. Thanks to everyone contributing to and maintaining this forum.

I'm very worried as I applied in early November via Online and NDRS. I did get an e-mail with my Case ID but nothing since. I tried using the Further Enquiries e-mail but no reply. I see that a lot of lucky folk who applied even a month after me are all sorted. Anyone else waiting pls?

Some part of me is thinking if I have fallen into the rare category of missing post - I did try chasing with the Council but not to ask them if they had my certificate (big assumption of approval, and didn't want to be arrogant) so they asked me to wait for HO as usual. Anyone recently have this experience (recently, I know of the past cases) where you were approved but never got the post?

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:59 am

Whilst I understand your thought process, every case is decided on its own merits (number of checks and enquiries required) and you’re right in seeing some cases being approved in few weeks whereas some are waiting for months. You’ve done the right thing by trying to communicate with the Nationality Enquiries Team, I reckon you just need to patiently wait for now.

If you look at the timeline from November 2018, there are few members still waiting for their outcome whereas some members have already started to get approvals from December 2018 applications, again every case is different. Once it exceeds 6 month period, then you have a case to build. Until then, please wait for HO to get back to you.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am

Hi, could someone help me with the question, I,ve marked the answer yes for the question ‘are you able to provide the BRP with the application’.

My question is would I get the BRP back when I go for documents scanning service? Or shall I marked the above question ‘no’ as I may need to travel

Hope to hear someone soon.

Vesh

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:38 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:30 am
Hi, could someone help me with the question, I,ve marked the answer yes for the question ‘are you able to provide the BRP with the application’.

My question is would I get the BRP back when I go for documents scanning service? Or shall I marked the above question ‘no’ as I may need to travel

Hope to hear someone soon.

Vesh
Yes, you will get to keep it. HO only requires a scanned copy of it. However once the application is approved, you must surrender it within a prescribed period (if issued under UK immigration rules).

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi,

I've submitted my application and directed me to new service appointment page, but I haven't found any appointment available except premium lounge service (£260). I've tried with other locations and found the same. Is there any reason why I can't see the appointments or I have to go for premium?

Hope to hear from someone soon.

Thanks
Vesh

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:13 pm
Hi,

I've submitted my application and directed me to new service appointment page, but I haven't found any appointment available except premium lounge service (£260). I've tried with other locations and found the same. Is there any reason why I can't see the appointments or I have to go for premium?

Thanks
Vesh
I was in same position month ago and I ended up booking premium lounge in London for £200. If you don’t see any free appointments (try Croydon) then most likely the issue is - non availability of slots.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:54 pm

mtsgill wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:28 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vesh
I was in same position month ago and I ended up booking premium lounge in London for £200. If you don’t see any free appointments (try Croydon) then most likely the issue is - non availability of slots.
Thanks for your reply. What extra services they provide in Premium service as you had attended it. And how long the process took on the day?

Thanks
Vesh

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:54 pm
mtsgill wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vesh
Thanks for your reply. What extra services they provide in Premium service as you had attended it. And how long the process took on the day?

Thanks
Vesh
You can choose extra services during the booking process (according to your requirements). I didn’t pay for any additional services as I was confident my scanned images were of high quality (used work scanners). If you upload everything in advance (as listed on your document checklist) then you’ll be spending a lot less time compared to others. They only took my biometrics and passport copy once again and I was out in 10-15 mins.

lv21
Newly Registered
India

Post by lv21 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 pm

mtsgill wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:59 am
Whilst I understand your thought process, every case is decided on its own merits (number of checks and enquiries required) and you’re right in seeing some cases being approved in few weeks whereas some are waiting for months. You’ve done the right thing by trying to communicate with the Nationality Enquiries Team, I reckon you just need to patiently wait for now.

If you look at the timeline from November 2018, there are few members still waiting for their outcome whereas some members have already started to get approvals from December 2018 applications, again every case is different. Once it exceeds 6 month period, then you have a case to build. Until then, please wait for HO to get back to you.
Thanks for your thoughtful words. I suppose everyone else waiting like me - given that you pointed out there are at least a few - will probably be feeling just as anxious!

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm

mtsgill wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
mtsgill wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks
Vesh
You can choose extra services during the booking process (according to your requirements). I didn’t pay for any additional services as I was confident my scanned images were of high quality (used work scanners). If you upload everything in advance (as listed on your document checklist) then you’ll be spending a lot less time compared to others. They only took my biometrics and passport copy once again and I was out in 10-15 mins.
If I choose the core service (free) would they still check and scan the documents?

THanks
Vesh

lakhanic
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by lakhanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 am

Hello People. I am applying for naturalisation this Feb and hold an OCI card. When they ask if I have any citizenship or nationality, would an OCI be included? I ask as on the online platform it asks for passport details if you answer yes. Thanks in advance

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:35 pm
mtsgill wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:36 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
mtsgill wrote:

Thanks
Vesh
If I choose the core service (free) would they still check and scan the documents?

THanks
Vesh
Hello, please check out these links for further guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/ukvis-new-f ... ed-to-know
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/help-support/ourinfo/faqs

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am

lakhanic wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:56 am
Hello People. I am applying for naturalisation this Feb and hold an OCI card. When they ask if I have any citizenship or nationality, would an OCI be included? I ask as on the online platform it asks for passport details if you answer yes. Thanks in advance
OCI Card is not a citizenship document/entitlement. It is issued to people of Indian origin acquiring this right either through their families or on their own right. Your post is not clear - under which route are you applying for British Citizenship?

Anyways, you need to only provide your current passport/travel document details and OCI Card does not qualify for this purpose.

lakhanic
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by lakhanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 am

mtsgill wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am
lakhanic wrote:
OCI Card is not a citizenship document/entitlement. It is issued to people of Indian origin acquiring this right either through their families or on their own right. Your post is not clear - under which route are you applying for British Citizenship?

Anyways, you need to only provide your current passport/travel document details and OCI Card does not qualify for this purpose.
Thanks for your reply. I am applying through ilr (5 years working under tier 2) plus one year. Thanks

lakhanic
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by lakhanic » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:49 am

mtsgill wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:43 am
lakhanic wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I am applying through ilr (5 years working under tier 2) plus one year. Thanks

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:01 pm

Hi, I’m uploading the documents on new service provider. There are heading under mandatory upload that ‘proof of application’ what does that mean? What document shall I upload in this ?

Thanks
Vesh

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 pm

Hi, In document check list, I've ticked the below option . My question is I'm Bangladesh national so can I show my passports for the question below or that question is for EEA people. Hope to hear from someone soon Urgently.

'Proof of living in the UK for Mrs.........'

Thanks
Vesh

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 pm

The requirements for naturalisation are irrespective of your nationality. You still need to show proof of your residence in the UK for the 5y (3y for the married to BC route) prior to the date of application. As an overseas national, If your passport(s) have been properly stamped/endorsed every time you have entered/left the UK then this should suffice as evidence of your presence in the UK.

For any periods not covered by your passport(s) you need to provide alternative evidence. The list of acceptable evidence is listed in Guide AN.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:03 am

AnotherUUID wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:35 pm
The requirements for naturalisation are irrespective of your nationality. You still need to show proof of your residence in the UK for the 5y (3y for the married to BC route) prior to the date of application. As an overseas national, If your passport(s) have been properly stamped/endorsed every time you have entered/left the UK then this should suffice as evidence of your presence in the UK.

For any periods not covered by your passport(s) you need to provide alternative evidence. The list of acceptable evidence is listed in Guide AN.
Thanks for your reply. For all below 2 questions shall I use BRP (Biomatric residence permit)?

1. Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions.
2. Evidence of Identity

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:14 am

Vesh123 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks
Vesh
You could also consider appointments in locations in other cities like Birmingham, etc. The cost of the train ticket would be less than £260, and you might find an appointment sooner, if you search broadly.

AnotherUUID

Post by AnotherUUID » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:03 am
Thanks for your reply. For all below 2 questions shall I use BRP (Biomatric residence permit)?

2. Evidence of Identity

Thanks
Vesh
Your BRP is not an official evidence of either. You can have a BRP without being free from immigration time restrictions (e.g. if you're on a Tier 4 visa).

1) For evidence of freedom of immigration restrictions you should use your ILR - this could be the endorsement on your current passport, confirming your status. Your BRP can be used as a supplement to this, but not just the BRP by itself. If you can only upload one document for this, then this should be your ILR.
2) For evidence of identity you should use your current passport.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm

AnotherUUID wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 pm
Vesh123 wrote:

2. Evidence of Identity

Thanks
Vesh
Your BRP is not an official evidence of either. You can have a BRP without being free from immigration time restrictions (e.g. if you're on a Tier 4 visa).

1) For evidence of freedom of immigration restrictions you should use your ILR - this could be the endorsement on your current passport, confirming your status. Your BRP can be used as a supplement to this, but not just the BRP by itself. If you can only upload one document for this, then this should be your ILR.
Thanks for your reply. It’s on My BRP which says I have ILR and I can only provide this document as prove of freedom from immigration. I don’t have anything to provide anything other than this. Hope that would be okay?

Thanks vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm
AnotherUUID wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

2. Evidence of Identity

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks for your reply. It’s on My BRP which says I have ILR and I can only provide this document as prove of freedom from immigration. I don’t have anything to provide anything other than this. Hope that would be okay?

Thanks vesh
There isn't anything else. You ONLY need your BRP stating ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm
AnotherUUID wrote:
Vesh123 wrote:

2. Evidence of Identity

Thanks
Vesh

Thanks vesh
There isn't anything else. You ONLY need your BRP stating ILR.
Thanks for your reply . I will provide BRP for immigration freedom.

Another question for lawful residence can I provide the all previous passport with enter/leaving endorse stamps ?

Thanks
Vesh