ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Spouse Visa - Living Abroad

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

jroper321
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

UK Spouse Visa - Living Abroad

Post by jroper321 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am

Hi all,

I'm recently married to an iranian (i'm british citizen living in Dubai) someone had mentioned to me that i can apply for a Spouse visa.

Do we need to be living in the UK for this?

Our aim is for her to travel to the UK freely (relatively) for holidays.

if anyone could let me know the type of visa and how we can go about this, it would be much appreciated.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Living Abroad

Post by physicskate » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:25 am

jroper321 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:13 am
Hi all,

I'm recently married to an iranian (i'm british citizen living in Dubai) someone had mentioned to me that i can apply for a Spouse visa.

Do we need to be living in the UK for this?

Our aim is for her to travel to the UK freely (relatively) for holidays.

if anyone could let me know the type of visa and how we can go about this, it would be much appreciated.
You have to INTEND on living in the UK for a spouse visa. It cannot be applied for from within the UK if she is on a visitor visa (but if she was already here on another visa like a Tier 4, that would be allowed to switch in-country).

Seems like a visitor visa is more appropriate for your wife.

techguru
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by techguru » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm

I don't know if you've received the response you wanted yet, but I thought of contributing.

You cannot apply for a spouse visa overseas, as the requirements clearly state the sponsoring spouse (you) has to be living in the UK and also meet the required minimum income to support her application (as a sponsor).

techguru
Newly Registered
Somalia

Post by techguru » Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 pm

I don't know if you've received the response you wanted yet, but I thought of contributing.

You cannot apply for a spouse visa overseas, as the requirements clearly state the sponsoring spouse (you) has to be living in the UK and also meet the required minimum income to support her application (as a sponsor).

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 pm

techguru wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 pm

That's incorrect. :!:

If the sponsor and their spouse are living outside of the UK it's possible to apply for a Spouse Settlement visa providing the sponsor is able to meet the following financial conditions:
1. Has savings of at least £62,500 held in an accessible account for a minimum of 6 months
OR
2. Has evidence of earnings the equivalent to £18,600 for the 6 month period prior to submitting the application AND has a confirmed offer of employment in the UK to start within 3 months of arrival, again meeting the minimum earnings level of £18,600 p.a

However, it appears that the OP only intends to visit the UK with his wife. In which case, a Spouse Settlement visa wouldn't be appropriate.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.