ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rajsharma86
Newly Registered

Re: New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by Rajsharma86 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:17 am

Hi,
I have booked super priority service for next week for family route visa. I tried to upload the documents & did upload quite a few of them ,but when I logged out & logged back in - there were no documents showing as uploaded & saved. I tried again & same thing happened. Could anyone please guide me on how to save the documents once i upload them ,

Many thanks

Era
Newly Registered

Post by Era » Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:34 pm

Josh Hagino wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:22 pm
Winshee18 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:22 am
Hello

I have booked for my premium SET-LR application through the UKVCAS for tuesday 13th at Birmingham. Did anyone use this service before in any centre? Do anyone have experience of how long they take to process apllication? Did any of you upload the documents by yourself?

Thanks
WInshee
I have booked my appointment with UKVCAS and now ready to upload my documents online. I did exactly like what you did but i haven't any email from them. Im going to my appointment next thursday in Liverpool and hopefully can get a decision on friday..

However i am facing a problem.When I went to upload my documents, under "Mandatory documents" section, it doesn't give me any option to upload anything. There is nothing under document type. However, under "Optional documents" section, I can see that there are many document types I can choose to upload my documents. I am just wondering if there is anything wrong? Why I cannot upload anything under "Mandatory documents" section??

Have you faced the same issue too when uploading documents?? What options do you have under Mandatory documents and optional documents?
Hi . Can you tell me pleas how you get the 6 digitacces code to booking the appointment in UKVCAS Cause they dont send me the code , what to do ?

shay007

Post by shay007 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:33 pm

If your passport is with the home office what do you upload under proof of identity/ travel history?

Hilary
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Hilary » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:27 pm

Hi. Earliest to apply ILR (m) is 28 days before, for me that is 7th Jan 2020-ideally that’s the day I want my appointment.
So when do I apply online?
I’m looking to minimise the time/days
If 7th January can I apply say mid December/3 weeks before, pay & book the 7th for my appointment, thank you

Wifes1lver
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by Wifes1lver » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:10 pm

Today I received an email from HO stating that mu application is still under consideration. However, at the end of the email it says that my outcome will be sent in writing...I applied under superpriority and had my biometrics done last dec 17. It’s super delayed now. It’s an ILR application from Tier 2 route. It’s quite alarming. Anyone had the same experience? Please enlighten me.

voiceofthepurple

Post by voiceofthepurple » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:25 pm

I'm ready to upload my documents. I'm applying SET(O) from Tier 2 General.
What pages from passports need to be scanned? I have had 3 passports since I arrived in the UK, so that's a lot of pages :shock: .

poladime
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by poladime » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:14 pm

Hello All,

I submitted my application for FLR for both myself and my son on 21/1/2019 in Croydon using the new system. This is my last application before we apply for settlement. Biometric was taken and submitted but haven't heard anything back. no acknowledgement and nothing. Was wondering if anyone has submitted their application using the new standard system and how long it took.

Rub22
Newly Registered

Post by Rub22 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:22 pm

I have submitted mine on 25th January 2019.i haven’t received any acknowledgement.

poladime
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by poladime » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:44 pm

I am hoping that there is someone who must have applied using the non priority on the new service that has at least received something or heard anything. Its just concerning that you don't have anything to show that your application has been received after you have attended and enrolled your biometrics with UKVCAS

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:11 pm

poladime wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:44 pm
I am hoping that there is someone who must have applied using the non priority on the new service that has at least received something or heard anything. Its just concerning that you don't have anything to show that your application has been received after you have attended and enrolled your biometrics with UKVCAS
Hi poladime. I made a separate post about this exact topic, but it was 'locked' without comment and I was pointed here. There are many posts about the priority service, but I too would like to hear from those who did not use the priority service but submitted an online application for set(o) using the new online service from Nov. 2018 onward.

I attended my appointment on Dec. 12th and was actually told by Sopra Steria that the new process was supposed to much 'faster' and that I should expect a decision in 6-8 weeks. It seems the priority people aren't getting a good service so this doesn't bode especially well for us though I'm not sure UKVI operates with logic.

It would be great to hear from anyone who was told anything about timelines during there non-priority appointment at Sopra Steria, or from anyone who received a decision already on a non-priority application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm

ukcanadagirl wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:11 pm
poladime wrote:
Hi poladime. I made a separate post about this exact topic, but it was 'locked' without comment and I was pointed here. There are many posts about the priority service, but I too would like to hear from those who did not use the priority service but submitted an online application for set(o) using the new online service from Nov. 2018 onward.

I attended my appointment on Dec. 12th and was actually told by Sopra Steria that the new process was supposed to much 'faster' and that I should expect a decision in 6-8 weeks. It seems the priority people aren't getting a good service so this doesn't bode especially well for us though I'm not sure UKVI operates with logic.

It would be great to hear from anyone who was told anything about timelines during there non-priority appointment at Sopra Steria, or from anyone who received a decision already on a non-priority application.
Sopra have no clue to be honest as they are ONLY a third party handling agent. Even before Sopra, the NORMAL postal timeline was 6-8 weeks. So nothing has changed except the way you submit documents and enroll biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ukcanadagirl
Newly Registered
Mood:
Canada

Post by ukcanadagirl » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:09 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:27 pm
ukcanadagirl wrote:
poladime wrote:

Sopra have no clue to be honest as they are ONLY a third party handling agent. Even before Sopra, the NORMAL postal timeline was 6-8 weeks. So nothing has changed except the way you submit documents and enroll biometrics.
Thanks for your reply. Did anyone ever receive their decision within that time frame?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 pm

ukcanadagirl wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:09 pm
CR001 wrote:
ukcanadagirl wrote:
poladime wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Did anyone ever receive their decision within that time frame?
Postal or old service, yes many.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rub22
Newly Registered

Post by Rub22 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 pm
ukcanadagirl wrote:
CR001 wrote:
ukcanadagirl wrote:

Did anyone receive using standard service?

sprakash81
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sprakash81 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am

Hello

I'm due to apply for my ILR soon. Just confused with the new UKVCAS system.
Here is my timelines:
T2G visa stamped from 02Apr2014..entered UK on 7Apr2014.....
Now the 28 days advance application window will be 05mar2019...
My questions are
1. Do I make an online application on 05 March for a later day?
Or
2. Online application a week before and book my appointment on 5mar?

Your inputs will be of great help please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:31 am

sprakash81 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am
Hello

Here is my timelines:
My questions are
Or

It is option 1. Date of application, submission and payment is your date of application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

sprakash81
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sprakash81 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:39 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:31 am
sprakash81 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:53 am
Hello

Here is my timelines:
My questions are
Or

It is option 1. Date of application, submission and payment is your date of application.
Thank you/

Rub22
Newly Registered

Post by Rub22 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone applied ILR Set M last November? Did you recieve your decision yet?

Rub

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Rub22 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi all,

Rub
Are you to busy to scroll through the timeline only topic link I posted for your when you asked this same question a few days ago???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 5-380.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ahsanrana
Newly Registered

Post by ahsanrana » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:40 pm

Rub22 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:33 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:28 pm
ukcanadagirl wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Did anyone receive using standard service?
I applied using the standard service on 05.01.19 at Croydon VCAS centre - no acknowledgement or response from UKVI until now. I did check with Sopra and they told me that UKVI has acknowledged the receipt of my application to them (Sopra) but there has been no communication from UKVI to me in form of a letter/email. Not sure what to do except wait for 6-8 weeks to pass (5th week in progress)

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Please can someone confirm if you still can access the UKVI account and view the Step 7 “further actions page to book an appointment” even AFTER you have attended the bio appointment and submitted documents at UKVCAS?

OR

has the step 7 page updated after the UKVCAS appointment?

Thanks
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

iamrezaul
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by iamrezaul » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm

tier11417 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm
Please can someone confirm if you still can access the UKVI account and view the Step 7 “further actions page to book an appointment” even AFTER you have attended the bio appointment and submitted documents at UKVCAS?

OR

Thanks
I applied for BC on 20-Nov-2018. The appointment with UKVCAS was on 05-Dec-2018.
If I log in the UKVI site, the stage still at "Further actions you must complete" page which is Step-6 (last one) and asks me to book an appointment with UKVCAS.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 pm

iamrezaul wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:40 pm
tier11417 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:06 pm

OR

Thanks
I applied for BC on 20-Nov-2018. The appointment with UKVCAS was on 05-Dec-2018.
If I log in the UKVI site, the stage still at "Further actions you must complete" page which is Step-6 (last one) and asks me to book an appointment with UKVCAS.
Thanks for the confirmation. Seems like its normal and im not alone then.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Rub22
Newly Registered

Post by Rub22 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:09 pm
Rub22 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:00 pm
Hi all,

Rub
Are you to busy to scroll through the timeline only topic link I posted for your when you asked this same question a few days ago???

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 5-380.html

Hi CR001,

Sorry for the inconvenience.i have checked there.but I couldn't find any new standard timeline there.

Rub

skanoodles
Newly Registered

New Appointment Centre UKVCAS

Post by skanoodles » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 pm

Hi!

I went to the new centre in Manchester. I did not upload any documents online, but I was able to upload all my documents at the centre. It was relatively quick as they have a double sided scanner for the papers, pictures, etc. I was told that the pictures would only show up as black and white which is a bummer. The guy that helped me scanned all my important documents which was about 1/2 inch thick and (because I had trouble scanning in my fingerprints and QR code that you need to scan in for biometrics) the appointment took 1 hour 20 minutes when they try to average about 20 minutes per appointment. No complaints from anyone and everyone was quite helpful despite me being frustrated things weren't scanning in first time with my prints and QR code but it's all done now. Another positive thing- YOU GET TO KEEP ALL YOUR DOCUMENTS INCLUDING YOUR PASSPORT. They physically take NOTHING and ONLY SCAN your original documents. So it's a relief being able to keep my passport (though I won't be going anywhere until I receive my residency card!)

On a 10 year route, 2.5 years in.