ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Closing down business after getting ILR

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ali272
Member of Standing

Closing down business after getting ILR

Post by Ali272 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 am

Hi,

I just got a same-day approval for my SET (LR) yesterday. I would like to permanently close down my business due to sustained and never ending losses. In the process of closing down, I unfortunately have to let my employees go as well. (This is not the result I wanted or expected when I was sponsored by my university for Graduate Entrepreneur visa 4 years ago).

I was just wondering if I could face any problem down the road such as applying for naturalisation?

Many Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Closing down business after getting ILR

Post by zimba » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm

No. You are free to do as you choose as you have ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:37 pm

Thank you so much Zimba.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:43 pm

Hello again,

I told my accountant to close down my company today but he said it is better to wait until I become naturalised because Home Office will give more points if I keep my limited company open. I literally can not keep it going any more and fired all my employees without telling my accountant. I'm in total panic guys, what should i do?

Many many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 pm

Ali272 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:43 pm
Hello again,

I told my accountant to close down my company today but he said it is better to wait until I become naturalised because Home Office will give more points if I keep my limited company open. I literally can not keep it going any more and fired all my employees without telling my accountant. I'm in total panic guys, what should i do?

Many many thanks
There are no 'points' for xy or z when applying for citizenship. You have to meet the requirements as stated in the nationality laws. He is talking nonsense. There is also no requirement to 'own a business' or 'be employed' to qualify for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:38 pm

Wow nice. Thank you so much!!

bizman
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by bizman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am

The guy want you to keep him so he can continue to milk you for another year before naturalisation. You don’t need any business for naturalisation.
Bizman

Ali272
Member of Standing

Post by Ali272 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:03 am

bizman wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:18 am
The guy want you to keep him so he can continue to milk you for another year before naturalisation. You don’t need any business for naturalisation.
I know, right? I've been googling for hours. I can't find anything wrong with closing down my business. I will force him to close down my Ltd on Monday! Thanks a lot