ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Philippine wife

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Derick321
Newly Registered
Ireland

Philippine wife

Post by Derick321 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 pm

New here hi everyone.
Need help been in a relationship for 4 years to a Filipino Girl living in Gagayan i will be getting my final divorce decree in April and will be going over to marry in Civil ceremony. I have visited 4 times.
Getting her back to Ireland seems to be an uphill battle. I know I have to apply for leave to marry but getting her a visa seems problematic with bank accounts statements as she has only recently opened one I am not sure if the requirements for a spouse are different.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Philippine wife

Post by max307 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:44 pm

Derick321 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:29 pm
New here hi everyone.
Need help been in a relationship for 4 years to a Filipino Girl living in Gagayan i will be getting my final divorce decree in April and will be going over to marry in Civil ceremony. I have visited 4 times.
Getting her back to Ireland seems to be an uphill battle. I know I have to apply for leave to marry but getting her a visa seems problematic with bank accounts statements as she has only recently opened one I am not sure if the requirements for a spouse are different.
All the information needed is in the following link: http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Join%20Family
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Derick321
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Derick321 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm

I think I have a problem as i have an Invalidity PENSION and the Policy on non-EEA family reunification site states that and that is discrimination against the disabled. My partner is in her late 40s and i am 65.
Does anyone know any different.

Where Sponsor is Irish Citizen
17.2 An Irish citizen, in order to sponsor an immediate family member, must
not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benefits from the Irish
State for a continuous period in excess of 2 years immediately prior to
the application and must over the three year period prior to application
have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any State
benefits of not less than €40k. :( :oops:

Derick321
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Derick321 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm

I think as I am entitled to a British Passport I have started the application.
claiming-benefits-f38/spouse-visa-and-d ... 78913.html
If anyone has more information please advise please.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:09 am

Derick321 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:02 pm
I think as I am entitled to a British Passport I have started the application.
claiming-benefits-f38/spouse-visa-and-d ... 78913.html
If anyone has more information please advise please.
The link you have posted is a) from 2011 and b) relevant to the UK and not Ireland.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:41 pm

Derick321 wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:51 pm
I think I have a problem as i have an Invalidity PENSION and the Policy on non-EEA family reunification site states that and that is discrimination against the disabled. My partner is in her late 40s and i am 65.
Does anyone know any different.

Where Sponsor is Irish Citizen
17.2 An Irish citizen, in order to sponsor an immediate family member, must
not have been totally or predominantly reliant on benefits from the Irish
State for a continuous period in excess of 2 years immediately prior to
the application and must over the three year period prior to application
have earned a cumulative gross income over and above any State
benefits of not less than €40k. :( :oops:
Yes it sounds like it might not be possible to sponsor her yourself to come to Ireland.

Would you consider moving to the Philippines instead? It's not a viable option for most, but it would be one way of being together if everything else fails.

On the other hand, I have read that you can get another person other than you to act as the sponsor.

So... you find somebody who meets the 40k EUR requirement who is willing to sponsor you. You then get a written notarized letter from them saying they'll support the couple (you both) while your wife finds work, along with that person's P60s, payslips and bank statements instead of your own.

The idea of the sponsor is that your wife doesn't have resort to public funds, as long as she has financial support from somewhere she won't have to do that. I think the immigration office is okay as long as that is true.

I have read that this is a viable option but I haven't ever heard of anyone actually doing it. Maybe it's something to research?