ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (Protection) Route applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrssam
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Re: SET (Protection) Route applications

Post by mrssam » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Casa wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:55 pm
London22 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:45 pm
mrssam wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Well ma'am/ sir, my papers were granted through that and i'm waiting for the PR card to be delivered but i got a letter today stating that i have been granted. Maybe i'm a one in a million applicant but it was possible for me
Thanks
You probably applied in Nigerian embassy and become one in a million however dont even think about uk home office would do that.This is serious website where people discuss issues related to immigration.You are at wrong place mate.
Why the Nigerian Embassy comment? Member mrssam has been granted leave by the Home Office.
First of all, i'm not Nigerian and even if i was why the nigerian embassy???
i have been in the U.K for over 12 years and was just letting other people know my story and how i ended up getting a PR card after 12 years of going back and forth with the U.K immigration. So if you don't have anything smart to say keep your mouth Closed thanks

mrssam
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by mrssam » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am
mrssam wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:44 pm
I got that Whatsapp message about the set p form and windrush etc.

i actually applied and ignored some sections as instructed in the message, the weird thing is Home Office actually wrote back and requested me to go for biometrics which i did and now waiting on their response
The WhatsApp message is false and not true. There is no secret policy for people who have no legal status in the UK for x number of years being granted a special consideration for ILR on form Set P.

Nothing "weird" about being asked to enrol biometrics and it doesn't mean anything other than why it is, to enrol biometrics. All applicants for any visa etc have to enrol biometrics before HO even start looking at and processing their application.

Perhaps you missed the recent news article about WhatsApp putting in restrictions on users sending multiple recipients bad quality messages.
CR001
I have question for you.
When HO while they 're in processing to deport someone to their home country.
How HO get their emergencey travel document from their embaseey without detaninee permission and their concent ?????
Just asking for my knowledge ??
I have been in that situation where i was facing deportation, my passport had expired and HO tried to get an ETD for me but the embassy had to seek my permission first, i refused to have my ETD processed as a result the HO never pursued the matter and all they did was frustrate me just by not allowed to work etc, but if you're the detainee do not give your embassy the permission they won't be able to deport you at all, even if they put you in detention you can actually file a lawsuit against them because they can only detain someone with the intention to depot.. check this article
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35470008

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:04 pm

wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Amber_aziz wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:20 pm
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:00 am
mrssam wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:44 pm
I got that Whatsapp message about the set p form and windrush etc.

i actually applied and ignored some sections as instructed in the message, the weird thing is Home Office actually wrote back and requested me to go for biometrics which i did and now waiting on their response
The WhatsApp message is false and not true. There is no secret policy for people who have no legal status in the UK for x number of years being granted a special consideration for ILR on form Set P.

Nothing "weird" about being asked to enrol biometrics and it doesn't mean anything other than why it is, to enrol biometrics. All applicants for any visa etc have to enrol biometrics before HO even start looking at and processing their application.

Perhaps you missed the recent news article about WhatsApp putting in restrictions on users sending multiple recipients bad quality messages.
CR001
I have question for you.
When HO while they 're in processing to deport someone to their home country.
How HO get their emergencey travel document from their embaseey without detaninee permission and their concent ?????
Just asking for my knowledge ??
I have been in that situation where i was facing deportation, my passport had expired and HO tried to get an ETD for me but the embassy had to seek my permission first, i refused to have my ETD processed as a result the HO never pursued the matter and all they did was frustrate me just by not allowed to work etc, but if you're the detainee do not give your embassy the permission they won't be able to deport you at all, even if they put you in detention you can actually file a lawsuit against them because they can only detain someone with the intention to depot.. check this article
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35470008
mrssam
Thank you very much
What ever you said it's really make sense.
I think so far in this group you are the first one who actually make sense.
I have question for you please if you can help.
I made a mistake before my asylum appeal allowed.i renew my passport.
I have to apply for ILR in few months.
If I don't tell HO that I have valid passport.
How they will know?
Do they conatct Pakistani embassy to ask them if I renew my passport??
Please if you tell your opinion on that...
Thanks x

AsmaAli
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AsmaAli » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am

Hello respected group members
Its been i am reading this forum and found it very helpful
My 5 years limited leave expires 12/02/2019

Applied for ilr 09/01/2019
Biometric dome 10/01/2019

Approval letter ? Waiting

Brp ? Waiting
I need your expert opinion about a mistake i have done
I received 2 fpn from police one in 2016 and one in 2018 both paid on time
Both were regarding driving like first was because of lighting 2nd was i left my car with engine on

My Soliciter couldn't disclose them in application though after couple of days we wrote a covering letter and explained the both fpn and posted to home office but home office sent it back they said we do not accept anything in post not
Then we updated them online

Now my worry is will it be a matter of rejection or deception ???

Also could you please answer me how does home office check a set p ilr application do they go through the main asylum interview again ?

waitinglad
Newly Registered

Post by waitinglad » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:10 am

London22 wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:21 pm
waitinglad wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:30 pm
London22 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:34 pm
waitinglad wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:38 am
Dear fellow member,

I just wanted to share some information.

I reached out to my local MP, regarding my ILR application that was made on 22nd June 2018. as you can tell it has now been over 6 months. I Wrote to my MP in the beginning of december 2018 and they enquired on my behalf and HO came back with this response. can the expert please shed some light on it.

(Dear xxxxx,

Further to previous correspondence, please see below the response MP has received from UK Visas and Immigration concerning your case:

"Dear Ms xxx,

Thank you for your email correspondence of 6 December on behalf of Mr xxxx of xxxx, about his application for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR).

As you are aware, Mr xxxx submitted an application for ILR on 25 June. This application remains outstanding. Although our service standard for deciding ILR applications is 6 months, this is sometimes not possible. I can confirm that this is the case with Mr xxxx's application.

It may be helpful to explain that applications can often be deemed as complex in nature for a number of reasons. Delays in deciding applications are often due to issues relating to the European Convention on Human Rights which are complex in nature. Additionally, in order to conclude an application, a number of additional checks with external government departments must be completed which can also result in us being unable to complete an application for ILR within our 6 month service standard.

I can confirm that when an application is made in-time, before the expiry of existing leave, an applicant remains in the UK on the terms and conditions of their previous leave until a decision is made on the new application, even if the decision is not made until their previous leave has expired. This is because they are covered by Section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971, which preserves the applicant's existing conditions of leave, including any conditions permitting them to take employment, until their application is decided (or they withdraw their application or leave the UK). Because Mr xxxx's application for ILR was made before his previous Leave expired, he is covered by 3C. I can confirm that Mr xxxx's employer, xxxxxxxxxxxxx, used the Employer Checking Service in July, which confirmed his right to work in the UK whilst his application is outstanding.

Please assure Mr xxxx that we will contact him as soon as a decision has been made on his application." )

I would be thankful to you guys with some feedback on this. Thanks in advance.
If you tell me which country are you from and have you committed any serious crime and have you obtained passport of your country of origin and travelled on it to your country or any other ,it will come out why are they taking so long.
I think they cant refuse you as if that was the case they would have done it until now .It will be interesting to share the info I requested.I am going to apply for my ILR next month so it will be interesting and informative to know .

Dear London22,

Thank you for your reply. I can confirm that, I have not commited any crime, I have not obtained passport/ID of my country, I am from Pakistan and I have not travelled to my country or any other country for that matter. I Have been working in heath sector for the past 4 years and before that in the university.

However, I had CCJ for no payment of rent which was issued in 2014. for which i have declared on the application.

hope this helps?

regards, Waitinglad
Hi Mate
Dont worry ccj cant stop you getting ILR as it is a civil matter and yes it can have impact on nationality application with limited threshold that only a stubborn caseworker can do that.Your case is stronger if your reasons for asylum still stand the same as of the time of grant and also there is no protection in your country because of your specific circumstances that made you to seek international protection.If they refuse you Im sure you will win it on appeal .Just hope for better .The way the grant of asylum is hard the more hard is to cease it on the other hand too.Goodluck.
Thank you london22, I contacted home office via Phone again today this morning. they took my details and told me that they will get back to me via email in 5 working days with the progress update, however, they replied just now with this.

Dear Mr xxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting UKVI Contact Centre.

Our records show your application has not yet been completed.

We are unable to advise when a decision will be made but you will be notified in writing once made. Until such time, we are unable to assist further.

We are sorry we cannot be of further assistance at this time.

UKVI is keen to continually review and improve its service to our customers. To help us to do so we would be grateful if you could complete a short online survey. Please access the survey using the following link:

Yours sincerely,

UK Visas and Immigration

It has now been over 7 months and 1 week, i made the application on 22nd June 2018... So worried and tensed all the time.

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 pm

AsmaAli wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am

Brp ? Waiting
Both were regarding driving like first was because of lighting 2nd was i left my car with engine on

My Soliciter couldn't disclose them in application though after couple of days we wrote a covering letter and explained the both fpn and posted to home office but home office sent it back they said we do not accept anything in post not

Also could you please answer me how does home office check a set p ilr application do they go through the main asylum interview again ?
Hello Asma
Don't worry you will be fine you haven't vomit any serious crime.
These are minor offence.
You will be alright as long as you let them know.
FPN don't go to your criminal record.
These are like civil offence.
Could you please let as know when you get you ILR.
1 more thing do you know if HO contatct Pakistani embassy if s9meone renew the passport ??????

AsmaAli
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by AsmaAli » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:30 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:42 pm
AsmaAli wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:05 am

Brp ? Waiting

Hello Asma
Don't worry you will be fine you haven't vomit any serious crime.
These are minor offence.
You will be alright as long as you let them know.
FPN don't go to your criminal record.
These are like civil offence.
Could you please let as know when you get you ILR.
1 more thing do you know if HO contatct Pakistani embassy if s9meone renew the passport ??????

Hello Amber
Thank you very much for your reply and I hope so Insha Allah I shall get ilr soon
As you asked do HO contact to Pakistan embassy
I’m sorry to say I’m not sure
You better consult with a expert lawyer
What do I know I have gone through a post on this forum a person obtained his national passport and also Travaled twice on it and he got ilr if you go on page 110 and 111 on this forum you can read yourself
If you have obtained a passport by mistake but you haven’t traveled on it I believe you should be fine
If you give some reasonable explanation to HO I hope it would work for you but again it’s my opinion
A lawyer can give you professional advice
I pray for you Insha Allah you will get your ilr

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 pm

Hello members! I submitted my ILR application today, in the end it didn't give me the option for any of the priority services, but as soon as I submitted received an email , asking for the documents to be sent via post to the address at the end of the check list, which again needed to be marked and signed along with the required/supporting documents. At the end page was the biometric document to be downloaded and taken to the nearby postoffice , I did that today aswell.. as working weekend and then the whole of next week.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:08 am

saamna wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:39 pm
Hello members! I submitted my ILR application today, in the end it didn't give me the option for any of the priority services, but as soon as I submitted received an email , asking for the documents to be sent via post to the address at the end of the check list, which again needed to be marked and signed along with the required/supporting documents. At the end page was the biometric document to be downloaded and taken to the nearby postoffice , I did that today aswell.. as working weekend and then the whole of next week.
Has this happened to anybody else, that no priority option was given at the end of the application???

Coolstuff
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Coolstuff » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:14 am

saamna wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:08 am
saamna wrote:
Has this happened to anybody else, that no priority option was given at the end of the application???
Hey saamna
There is no priority Service for ILR Set P, when i applied for my mum i wasn't given any priority service option..so its just normal ...and i guess you selected the existing service that is why you have to post the documents to Home office right ?

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am

Coolstuff wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:14 am
saamna wrote:
saamna wrote:
Hey saamna
There is no priority Service for ILR Set P, when i applied for my mum i wasn't given any priority service option..so its just normal ...and i guess you selected the existing service that is why you have to post the documents to Home office right ?
Yes I selected the existing... Just a waiting game now. Is there any way I can check status of my application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:53 am

saamna wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 am
Yes I selected the existing... Just a waiting game now. Is there any way I can check status of my application?
No there is not.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:36 pm

saamna wrote:
Coolstuff wrote:
saamna wrote:
saamna wrote:
Hey saamna
Hello Everyone
I have applied today and booked new service that is too busy and they have taken £60 for service and gave me a date after 2 weeks for biometrics and other supporting documents to send to ukvi.
I think there is no particular difference between the two .As I have obtained passport of my home country so after contemplation I decided to let them know .In supporting documents I will mention compelling reasons in returning back home and hope ukvi will understand.I have been thinking too much whether to tell them or not so final decision made.With the will of Allah ,I will be fine.
Goodluck to everyone.

Sand6

Post by Sand6 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi LONDON22 you will be fine InshAllah, every thing will be ok.
Best of luck with your application.

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:36 pm
saamna wrote:
Coolstuff wrote:
saamna wrote:

Hey saamna
Hello Everyone
I have applied today and booked new service that is too busy and they have taken £60 for service and gave me a date after 2 weeks for biometrics and other supporting documents to send to ukvi.
I think there is no particular difference between the two .As I have obtained passport of my home country so after contemplation I decided to let them know .In supporting documents I will mention compelling reasons in returning back home and hope ukvi will understand.I have been thinking too much whether to tell them or not so final decision made.With the will of Allah ,I will be fine.
Goodluck to everyone.
All shall be fine InshAllah... Goodluck!

saamna
Pakistan

Post by saamna » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:50 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 pm
London22 wrote:
saamna wrote:
Coolstuff wrote:

Hey saamna
Hello Everyone
Goodluck to everyone.
BTW London22; what's the benefit of the new service, is it that decision will be made quicker for you? Cz looks like my paper work and biometrics were quicker than urs, though I chose the existing service.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:38 pm

saamna wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:50 pm
saamna wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:44 pm
London22 wrote:
saamna wrote:

Hello Everyone
Goodluck to everyone.
BTW London22; what's the benefit of the new service, is it that decision will be made quicker for you? Cz looks like my paper work and biometrics were quicker than urs, though I chose the existing service.
Hello Sammna
You are right .I think new service is another way of ripping people's money.Existing is better and cost saving and you actually enjoy free application.I thought it is new service so should be quicker than existing but thats not the case.
Goodluck

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Sand6 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:08 pm
Thank You SAND6
GOODLUCK

Amber_aziz
Newly Registered

Post by Amber_aziz » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm

London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 pm
Sand6 wrote:
Thank You SAND6
GOODLUCK
LONDON22 [/highlight
Good luck I will pray for you.
Please let me know when you hear any update from HO

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:30 pm

Amber_aziz wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:02 pm
London22 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:48 pm
Sand6 wrote:
Thank You SAND6
GOODLUCK
LONDON22 [/highlight
Good luck I will pray for you.
Please let me know when you hear any update from HO

Thank you AMBER
I will let you know.Prayers and well wishes for you and everyone.

Nadim1150
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Gonna apply ILR (set p)

Post by Nadim1150 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:50 pm

Hi all,

I am gonna apply ilr set p after complete my 5 year (28 days before)

I got successful asylum claim in April 2014.

Now my question is that should I send all proof and documents I already sent to HO while apply asylum

Or I just need to send documents required just for ILR (check list ).

I am talking about my supporting documents. Or just cover letter and mention my circumstances are same as time of asylum and country origin report are enough.

Please anyone inform.

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by hassan21uk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:57 pm

sevntythree2 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:58 pm
Hello everyone,

I will soon apply for refugee permanent residence (settlement protection) , and I have a question about the criminal record part of the application. I have a criminal record, as I arrived at the UK without a valid travel document to apply for asylum but I was stopped by the immigration officer and transferred to the court. I pled guilty at the court and I was in prison for three months. I was granted refugee status while in prison. My conviction was entering the UK without a valid travel document. I would like to know the following:

1. Will this record affect my ability to get permanent residence?

2- if my my refugee leave to remain expires at the end of January when is the deadline to submit my application for indefinite leave to remain ? and is it only online or can be done by post office too ?
and also how long does it take to get an answer ?

3. As I was in prison before I was granted refugee status, do I still need to say 'yes' on the application form to the question that asks if you have any criminal convictions?

4. Is there any way to clear this record?

5. If it can be cleared, how long does it take to clear this criminal record, and with who?

6. Will this affect applying for U.K. citizenship?

7. Does anybody have a similar case? Please, I need help urgently.

Please note, I am due to apply at the end of December as my 5 years' refugee visa is expiring at the end of January.

Thank you very very much in advance..

Happy new year all
thank you again
I have a letter from the home office that kind of says that despite entering illegally, if you were granted refugee status without the need of appeals, you would still count as "abiding by the good character law".

It's a two page letter but i'll quote some of it here:

"The instruction is that applications should "normally" be refused as there will, of course, be circumstances where it would not be appropriate to do so. One such example is where an individual enters the UK illegally, but is subsequently granted refugee status. Section 31 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Act and Article 31 of the Refugee Convention provide a defence against prosecution for certain offences committed prior to a grant of Refugee Status where the individual showed good cause for his illegal entry or presence and brought themselves to the attention of the authorities without delay."

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by hassan21uk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Here is my current application case:

Leave to Remain ends: 28 April 2019
I am supposed to apply: 28 March 2019
I applied online: 21 January 2019
HO ack letter: 22 January 2019
Biometrics taken: 31 January 2019

I am currently waiting for news. Also, as you can see, I applied 2 months before the date I am supposed to apply on, but I provided reasons as to why they should allow it (I have friends who did exactly the same and still got their ILR approved before their Leave to Remain even expired, that's the dream haha).

Some extra information: I am Lebanese, and so were my friends who applied early. from the hundreds of pages on here I saw people mention that different nationalities are treated differently due to the relations between the nations, the current events happening, and maybe even the embassy's speed of cooperation (if that's a thing).

So I'll keep you posted to see if nationality does in fact play a role or not.

ariskar
Member of Standing
Mood:
Greece

Post by ariskar » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:18 pm

hassan21uk wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:39 pm
Here is my current application case:

Leave to Remain ends: 28 April 2019
I am supposed to apply: 28 March 2019
I applied online: 21 January 2019
HO ack letter: 22 January 2019
Biometrics taken: 31 January 2019

I am currently waiting for news. Also, as you can see, I applied 2 months before the date I am supposed to apply on, but I provided reasons as to why they should allow it (I have friends who did exactly the same and still got their ILR approved before their Leave to Remain even expired, that's the dream haha).

Some extra information: I am Lebanese, and so were my friends who applied early. from the hundreds of pages on here I saw people mention that different nationalities are treated differently due to the relations between the nations, the current events happening, and maybe even the embassy's speed of cooperation (if that's a thing).

So I'll keep you posted to see if nationality does in fact play a role or not.
Hello.

1. Which would be plausible grounds based on which you could apply more than 1 month early?
2. Did you submit biometrics in UKVCAS centre or post office?

hassan21uk
Newly Registered
Lebanon

Post by hassan21uk » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 pm

ariskar wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:18 pm
Hello.

1. Which would be plausible grounds based on which you could apply more than 1 month early?
2. Did you submit biometrics in UKVCAS centre or post office?
Hi,

My friends said it was for work purposes, as they got new job offers from top companies in London and they would not be accepted if they did not have a residence permit. (The home office says that even though your residence permit technically expires, you would still have the same rights during the application process). Now that might be fine when working a basic 9 to 5 job. However, for example, companies hiring app development experts won't just agree to hire someone who might or might not lose their residence permit soon.

So basically, my friends' argument, which is similar to mine, is based upon the fact that it would be career deteriorating if they didn't apply early.

As for your second question, I submitted the biometrics at a UKVCAS centre in croydon, it literally took about 15 minutes as I had every detail uploaded beforehand.