ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How much IHS to pay?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

businessmanuk
Mood:

Spouse Sponsor Visa

Post by businessmanuk » Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:42 pm

I applied for my spouse visa from outside uk which got rejected - is there any quicker way to do application fees waiver and send all the required documents which were missing from initial application? I do have appeal option but that will take longer i guess? Thanks for your response on this.

Casa

Re: Spouse Sponsor Visa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:35 pm

What do you mean by 'a fee waiver'?

An appeal can take many months or more for a decision. Documents which weren't available to the ECO in your original application won't be considered in an appeal.

What were the reasons for the refusal?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 pm

They said under relationship requirement; we didn't attached the call logs or chat evidence - under financial they wanted to see my accommodation proof - under English language requirement i had the normal IELTS but not the IELTS for UKVI.

I am planning to re-apply as that would be quicker unless you suggest any other options?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:23 pm

I would re-apply. You'll have to pay the visa and the IHS fee, but you should be refunded the original IHS fee.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:12 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:20 pm
They said under relationship requirement; we didn't attached the call logs or chat evidence - under financial they wanted to see my accommodation proof - under English language requirement i had the normal IELTS but not the IELTS for UKVI.

I am planning to re-apply as that would be quicker unless you suggest any other options?
Re-applying is better because refusal decision was correct. Apart of chat logs attach wedding pictures, tickets/stamps of sponsor's visit to applicant, money sent receipts, gifts receipts etc. And pass that type & level of english test on that centre which is on HO list. Regarding accomodation attach tenancy agreement, inspection report, landlord no objection letter (if renting) otherwise if any friend/family member supporting then their no objection letter, mortgage statement/landlord registry etc.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:25 pm

Also do ensure when re-applying that your sponsor's most recent payslip & the corresponding bank statement is no older than 28 days on the date the application is submitted.
(Casa, not CR001)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:30 pm

Moreover, also make sure that your TB test report (if you are required) shouldn't have been expired at the time of re-applying.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:43 pm

The question is they rejected purely because of no additional documents to support the application - all the required documents such as marriage certificate and bank statement for accommodation which could be considered and IELTS was just not the IELTS for UKVI - so what would be your opinion if goes for appeal?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:48 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:43 pm
The question is they rejected purely because of no additional documents to support the application - all the required documents such as marriage certificate and bank statement for accommodation which could be considered and IELTS was just not the IELTS for UKVI - so what would be your opinion if goes for appeal?
Appeal won't succeed because decision was correct. And you can't add new documents in appeal which can only possible in new application. And new application would be dealt on its own merit and therefore, you will have to supply all documents very carefully as advised above otherwise they might find another reason to refuse.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:50 pm

In my honest opinion, the decision to refuse was correct. According to your opening post, you also failed to submit convincing evidence of your relationship (apart from the marriage certificate) and no proof of adequate accommodation. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:34 pm

Do I need to send the IELTS for UKVI original certificate of a copy would do as well for the new application? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:51 pm

Originals.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:57 pm

Can i check if I can switch from Marriage visitor visa to a Settlement spouse visa within the UK or does the spouse need to go back to home country to apply for Spouse Settlement visa? Note: previously the Spouse Settlement visa was rejected due to insufficient evidence.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Can i check if I can switch from Marriage visitor visa to a Settlement spouse visa within the UK
No you cannot.
or does the spouse need to go back to home country to apply for Spouse Settlement visa?
Yes, you would have to apply for a spouse visa from home country.

The chance of getting a marriage visitor visa would be slim though, especially if you already have a settlement visa refusal and are already married (as you state you applied for a spouse visa).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:07 pm

Can i check under financial requirement for accommodation; it is necessary to attach the rental agreement and if not what alternative i can use for the application? Thanks

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 am

Any update on this please? Thanks

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:29 pm

Does the TB test certificate needs to have certain months of validity when the new application is submitted? as the second application needs to submit and about 20 days left to expire?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:04 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:29 pm
Does the TB test certificate needs to have certain months of validity when the new application is submitted? as the second application needs to submit and about 20 days left to expire?
There is no guideline as how many days must remain on TB test expiry while applying, therefore, if it is valid at the date of application then should be fine.

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:04 pm

I have noticed a new option to enter the IHS reference number for the person you're joining or remaining with in the UK; i am on indefinite and can't remember if i paid IHS; the question ask if you don't have their IHS number then enter their visa expiry date; i am on indefinite so do i enter the ILR expiry date there?

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:35 pm

I have noticed the IHS for my wife settlement visa is approx. £2500 which seems to be a lot higher than i paid about 5 months ago which was only £500? Am I doing something wrong here?

businessmanuk
Mood:

How much IHS to pay?

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:05 pm

I am on indefinite leave to remain and wanted to sponsor my wife; the new IHS application is a bit complicated and asking about the person you will be joining in the UK as well; once i entered my details on the IHS application as well then the fees is coming out as £2400; prior to the visa rejection on her first application i paid only £500 for the IHS. Am I doing something wrong? How to cancel her application which is now asking to pay IHS fees of £2400 to proceed which i didn't pay yet?

Casa

Re: How much IHS to pay?

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm

The IHS fee has doubled. However, your spouse is now required to pay £1,200 IHS + the £1523 visa fee.

It appears that you may have selected the IHS fee for two applicants. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)

businessmanuk
Mood:

Post by businessmanuk » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm

Casa wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm
The IHS fee has doubled. Your spouse is now required to pay £1,200 IHS + the £1523 visa fee.
The IHS fees asking is £2400 so even if i think it is doubled; £1200 + £1523 = £2723 which is £323 pound less.

I also see another next button after Pay IHS fees is there for Pay Application Fees so I am guess this £2400 is just the IHS fees and then it will ask me about the application fee as well?

Since when the fees is doubled?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Change your ILR expiry date to 3 years ahead instead of 2024.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm

businessmanuk wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:14 pm
Casa wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 pm
The IHS fee has doubled. Your spouse is now required to pay £1,200 IHS + the £1523 visa fee.
The IHS fees asking is £2400 so even if i think it is doubled; £1200 + £1523 = £2723 which is £323 pound less.

I also see another next button after Pay IHS fees is there for Pay Application Fees so I am guess this £2400 is just the IHS fees and then it will ask me about the application fee as well?

Since when the fees is doubled?
IHS fees increased on 8th January 2019.
(Casa, not CR001)