ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Kate1423
Newly Registered
Ireland

Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation

Post by Kate1423 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Hi everyone, I would just like to know, will the Irish citizenship application be stopping by March 2019? Everyone has been saying the Irish department of justice are going to stop processing any applications before march 2019.

Has any applied yet recently around about Jan 2019?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation

Post by littlerr » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:51 am

"Everyone"? Can you point us to one source please?
With Brexit looming around, there is a delay in processing applications, but it’s impossible to just stop it.

Kate1423
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Kate1423 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:45 pm

Ah sounds ok isn't it? Well my friend is about to send in her Irish Citizenship application, before March but she is feared incase they turn her down because of Brexit. Imagine like .... Turning it down and wasted £175 because theyre under Brexit. Lol you see her application is alone. She is still under her parents, like she's aged 20. Her mum is Thai and she was born in Thailand but her step father is Irish and younger sisters are Irish.... And now she's at the age where she wanting an Irish passport even though her passport are under EEA.

Do you think they would turn down application forms?

Jordans
Ireland

Post by Jordans » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:49 pm

I think this is an irrational fear that needs to stop spreading. If your friend is so scared she should seek an answer from the citizenship division themselves by means on an email query. I am not sure it is allowed to post their email address here but she can easily look it up on the INIS website.