ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

using standard visitor visa to work as three months' short contract

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rapidb
Newly Registered
China

using standard visitor visa to work as three months' short contract

Post by rapidb » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm

Hello,

I have to ask something about work under a short-term (3 months) consultant contract in UK, while with 6 months' standard visitor visa. I came to UK for tourist visit, while before I want to go back to France, I got a short-term consultant contract from UK. My current status is a self-employed person living in France.

1: My UK standard visitor visa is valid until June 2019,
2: I arrived earlier than the starting date of my consultant contract, for example, I arrived at 30 January, while the 3 months' consultant contract start from 2 February?

Do I have to stop my UK visit, (I have booked room, car, etc) and go back to France to advance the consultant contract ?
Or Can I stay in UK to finish the consultant contract in 3 months?
Or Can I stay in UK to advance the consultant contract in minimum one month , less than 30 days?

Thank you

Casa

Re: using standard visitor visa to work as three months' short contract

Post by Casa » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:54 pm

rapidb wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:42 pm
Hello,

I have to ask something about work under a short-term (3 months) consultant contract in UK, while with 6 months' standard visitor visa. I came to UK for tourist visit, while before I want to go back to France, I got a short-term consultant contract from UK. My current status is a self-employed person living in France.

1: My UK standard visitor visa is valid until June 2019,
2: I arrived earlier than the starting date of my consultant contract, for example, I arrived at 30 January, while the 3 months' consultant contract start from 2 February?

Do I have to stop my UK visit, (I have booked room, car, etc) and go back to France to advance the consultant contract ?
Or Can I stay in UK to finish the consultant contract in 3 months?
Or Can I stay in UK to advance the consultant contract in minimum one month , less than 30 days?

Thank you
You've already been given the correct advice. It's your choice whether you decide to ignore it, but re-posting the same question won't change anything. :!:

employment-offers-and-job-seekers/stand ... l#p1737315
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.