ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking for advice

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ccna-rs
Newly Registered

Seeking for advice

Post by ccna-rs » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Dear Group members,
Recently I have got a letter to from UK home office asking me to leave as I do not have any legal basis to stay in the UK as I already have overstayer my visa since 2016. I overstayed because my application and appeal were pending for more than two years. I would like to leave the UK. My inquiry is: if I leave, can I apply for PR or any kind of work or study visa to other countries like Australia, Canada?

Thank you.

regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seeking for advice

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm

No country just gives PR if you have not got years of residence first.

For any country, most applications ask about your immigration history, overstay and refusals and you will have to declare it, especially as you have been an overstayer in the UK since 2015 and had no legal status. This might very well cause a refusal for other visas as you might be considered high risk.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ccna-rs
Newly Registered

Re: Seeking for advice

Post by ccna-rs » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:12 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm
No country just gives PR if you have not got years of residence first.

For any country, most applications ask about your immigration history, overstay and refusals and you will have to declare it, especially as you have been an overstayer in the UK since 2015 and had no legal status. This might very well cause a refusal for other visas as you might be considered high risk.
Thank you for your reply.