ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SP30 Fixed Penalty and Points

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cardsman
Newly Registered

SP30 Fixed Penalty and Points

Post by cardsman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi All

I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation next month after completing 12 months on ILR. Have seen different comments (varying application outcomes) posted on this forum with regards to speeding charge hence asking the question again !!!

I got an SP30 charge as per details below:
Penalty points: 3
Offence date: 8 Dec 2017
Expiry date: 8 Dec 2020
Removal date: 8 Dec 2021
Offence details: SP30: Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road

I received conditional offer for fixed penalty which I accepted and paid £100 fine, was not called to the court. This was mentioned in my ILR application filed in March 2018 which was approved.

Since the points on my driving license will not expire before December 2020, will my naturalisation application be refused?

Also I complete my 12 months on ILR on 4th March, can I submit the online form before 4th March 2019 but book a date for appointment after 4th March?

Ruhi09
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Re: SP30 Fixed Penalty and Points

Post by Ruhi09 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:39 pm

Hello Cardsman,

--As you already paid the penalty charge it will be ok. See AN guidance 3.1-3.2

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _2018_.pdf