ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document for parental responsibility for Children

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

E44302

Document for parental responsibility for Children

Post by E44302 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Hi Respected Members\Gurus,

I have applied for the Naturalisation process for my wife and daughter. I got my British passport and the naturalisation done last year when the JCAP was still available via the councils.

Using this new process has been a little daunting. However I have applied online via the gov website for the naturalisation and booked the appointment via the ukvcas website.

My child who is under 18 has to submit the following documents:

1) parents' marriage certificate
2) Mums parental responsibility for child
3) Dads parental responsibility for child

4) Birth certificate (showing details of both parents)

I understand points 1 and 4. What I dont understand is Points 2 and 3. What documents need to be furnished for them? I called the ukvcas number (charges £2.50 per minute) and they had no answer to it. Based on the charges they are taking, I would assume they knew what information they have listed on their website. They asked me to call the immigration number from the gov.uk website. I did that and the lady said she was not sure and asked me to contact immigration solicitor? How can they not know what they have listed on the website?

Brief history:
Child born abroad. I got british passport & naturalisation after the child was born.

Thanks in advance.

Alien2017

Re: Document for parental responsibility for Children

Post by Alien2017 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Child's birth certificate with the names of both parents will do.

E44302

Post by E44302 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:11 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I thought the same, that the birth certificate would suffice. However that is mentioned separately in another point under the documents required. Hence this question. What does it mean? Parental responsibility?

Any idea ?

E44302

Post by E44302 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:32 pm

Members, Gurus, Moderators,

Any help on the above query?

Alien2017

Post by Alien2017 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:04 pm

As I said, birth certificate covers that if the parents name is the same as the parents in application, even the document is asked for separate. This is what we have sent and was enough.

pupulu

Post by pupulu » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:30 pm

In my opinion, for point 2 & 3, for whatever reason if court or any other legal body has provided a legal document mentioning the parental responsibility for either dad or mum.