ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Recent EEA(EFM) to convert to EU settlement scheme

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ink12
Newly Registered
Singapore

Recent EEA(EFM) to convert to EU settlement scheme

Post by ink12 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:51 pm

I am a Singaporean PhD student on a Tier 4 visa and I have been in the UK on Tier 4 visas since September 2012 for Bachelor's and Master degrees. I am in a durable relationship with a German citizen who has recently received her settled status under the EU settlement scheme public beta phase. I am currently in the process of obtaining my EEA (EFM) visa with my German partner as the sponsor with an application submitted around 21st January 2019. If my EEA (EFM) visa application is successful, I know that I have to apply for the EU settlement scheme as well. But my question is, will I then obtain a settled status or pre-settled status?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Recent EEA(EFM) to convert to EU settlement scheme

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:41 am

Pre-settled as far as I understand.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:44 pm

I think it will be unfair to asume it will a presettled status, before knowing for how long he has been in a durable relationship with his partner. The requirements for settled status are generously, if he can prove five years residence with his partner. I stand to be corrected.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

maxozo
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxozo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Did you manage to get the visa sorted?
I am in an exactly same situation, and am planning to apply for all this now.

maxozo
Newly Registered
Latvia

Post by maxozo » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Wondering if everything went through okay?
ink12 wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:51 pm
I am a Singaporean PhD student on a Tier 4 visa and I have been in the UK on Tier 4 visas since September 2012 for Bachelor's and Master degrees. I am in a durable relationship with a German citizen who has recently received her settled status under the EU settlement scheme public beta phase. I am currently in the process of obtaining my EEA (EFM) visa with my German partner as the sponsor with an application submitted around 21st January 2019. If my EEA (EFM) visa application is successful, I know that I have to apply for the EU settlement scheme as well. But my question is, will I then obtain a settled status or pre-settled status?