ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wording of BRP Letter

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Katie688
Newly Registered

Wording of BRP Letter

Post by Katie688 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Hi
My partner applied for indefinite leave to remain through the 5 year route. After receiving the automated emails every month, after 5 months and 2 weeks we received our file of papers including passports back in the post together with a letter from the Home Office. The letter confirmed that the documents were enclosed and that a BRP would be sent under a separate cover, should be received within 7 working days etc. What it doesn't actually say is that the application was approved (although I assume it is given that they are sending a permit). Furthermore the letter comes with a further couple of pages which rather confusingly start by saying "These notes are for information purposes only and do not convey the grant of ILR" but then go on to say "your application for indefinite leave to remain has been approved." My question is, has anyone come across a situation where a different permit was sent, for example a further leave to remain rather than indefinite? I am trying to obtain a new mortgage and the bank naturally want evidence of residency. I sent them a copy of the letter but unsurprisingly the contradictory information has thrown them off a bit. The matter is a little time sensitive so whilst we wait for the actual BRP to arrive I was hoping I'd be able to put their mind at ease. If anyone has had any experience of this I would be grateful to hear.
Many thanks
Katie

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Wording of BRP Letter

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:24 pm

It is a generic letter and many get it stating exactly the same. It clearly states it has been approved.

If it was not, and HO was issued FLR, you have had a different letter explaining why and asking you to pay the £1000 Immigration Health Surcharge before HO completes the application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Katie688
Newly Registered

Post by Katie688 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:29 pm

That's very helpful thank you, I hadn't considered the health surcharge element.

learner29

Post by learner29 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:04 pm

Katie688 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:21 pm
Hi
My partner applied for indefinite leave to remain through the 5 year route. After receiving the automated emails every month, after 5 months and 2 weeks we received our file of papers including passports back in the post together with a letter from the Home Office. The letter confirmed that the documents were enclosed and that a BRP would be sent under a separate cover, should be received within 7 working days etc. What it doesn't actually say is that the application was approved (although I assume it is given that they are sending a permit). Furthermore the letter comes with a further couple of pages which rather confusingly start by saying "These notes are for information purposes only and do not convey the grant of ILR" but then go on to say "your application for indefinite leave to remain has been approved." My question is, has anyone come across a situation where a different permit was sent, for example a further leave to remain rather than indefinite? I am trying to obtain a new mortgage and the bank naturally want evidence of residency. I sent them a copy of the letter but unsurprisingly the contradictory information has thrown them off a bit. The matter is a little time sensitive so whilst we wait for the actual BRP to arrive I was hoping I'd be able to put their mind at ease. If anyone has had any experience of this I would be grateful to hear.
Many thanks
Katie
I have received the same letter, waiting for the BRP now. I think they meant that letter can not be used as a proof of ILR, as BRP should be the only proof with security features. Dont know when am I gonna receive BRP.