ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Taki
Ireland

Re: delay in citizenship application - applied in 2016

Post by Taki » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:29 pm

Is any one received approval for the next ceremony especially those who were on advance stage. I don't understand the advance stage if some one still waiting for decision from the last 4 or 5 five months. :lol:

Paddy_Leprechaun
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Paddy_Leprechaun » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:54 pm

Taki wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:29 pm
Is any one received approval for the next ceremony especially those who were on advance stage. I don't understand the advance stage if some one still waiting for decision from the last 4 or 5 five months. :lol:
I guess they only start sending approvals when it is near to the ceremony. So everybody remains in the same stage, till they decide that now it is time to keep things moving. If you were at an advanced stage and about to get the decision but somehow didn't get before the last ceremony, you won't get anything unless it is closer to the next ceremony.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:24 pm

Paddy_Leprechaun wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:54 pm
Taki wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:29 pm
I guess they only start sending approvals when it is near to the ceremony. So everybody remains in the same stage, till they decide that now it is time to keep things moving. If you were at an advanced stage and about to get the decision but somehow didn't get before the last ceremony, you won't get anything unless it is closer to the next ceremony.
Hey guys!!

I dont think its gonna happen in this ceremony too. My lawyer is advising me to go to court in the end of February.I am sick of all this .

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am

nad2107 wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:43 pm
No i dont as barrister doing it. Maybe engage a barrister or a solicitor.
Hi Nad2107,

Do you have any news on your FOI request on your file?

I have spoken with some solicitors but they are not well aware of this strategy.
I will send a letter to them requesting an update on my file under FOI.

I would really appreciate if you can update us on your situation.

Thank you

jollymolly1
Newly Registered

Post by jollymolly1 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:58 am

So I applied for Irish citizenship on the base of base of being married to Irish national back in May 2016
from Northern Ireland. Got a letter from INIS in November 2018 asking for €950, 2 passport size pics and copy of EEA2 visa. They couldn't invite me for ceremony on 26th November 2018 as they were fully booked. Rang them last week to see what's happening and they said they are considering to invite me coming ceremony. Fingers crossed that next ceremony will be soon.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm

Called them today and the lady told me that my application is in the final stage for submission to minister but she said she couldn’t tell me any time frame.
Any idea how much time usually they take from here onwards if I assume the lady was telling me the correct story.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 am

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm
Called them today and the lady told me that my application is in the final stage for submission to minister but she said she couldn’t tell me any time frame.
Any idea how much time usually they take from here onwards if I assume the lady was telling me the correct story.
I have been told same story many times before but never received anything. I doubt you can trust anything you hear from them.

jollymolly1
Newly Registered

Post by jollymolly1 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 am

iceice304 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:14 pm
When I rang them last year in October the lady on phone told me that my case is in final stage for submission to minister as well it took 10 working days after that call and I got letter in post about paying €950 and few other things and they gave me only 10 days to submit it

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:39 am

Thanks Jollymolly
At least I could say that there is a hope...I will certainly look forward to that.
On the other hand Syjem I am sure its very upsetting to hear it. Hopefully we will get it one day and I hope that day will come soon.

lph
Newly Registered

Post by lph » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:30 pm

jollymolly1 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:30 am
When I rang them last year in October the lady on phone told me that my case is in final stage for submission to minister as well it took 10 working days after that call and I got letter in post about paying €950 and few other things and they gave me only 10 days to submit it
Can I ask for the letter asking for €950, was it sent by registered post or just standard post? Thanks in advance!!

jollymolly1
Newly Registered

Post by jollymolly1 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 pm

lph wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:30 pm
jollymolly1 wrote:
Can I ask for the letter asking for €950, was it sent by registered post or just standard post? Thanks in advance!!
It came thru standard post brother. I heard rumours about ceremony will be in April or May.

rockyguy
Mood:
Ireland

Post by rockyguy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:53 am

jollymolly1 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:17 pm
lph wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:30 pm
jollymolly1 wrote:
It came thru standard post brother. I heard rumours about ceremony will be in April or May.
[/quote
Congratulations who got their approvals. I am still waiting and other update guys? I am giving up waiting for this now

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:35 am

rockyguy wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:53 am
Congratulations who got their approvals. I am still waiting and other update guys? I am giving up waiting for this now
I think some people received their approvals before the last ceremony but they haven't' invited to the ceremony. However, the approvals for the next ceremony will be sent shortly considering that they normally arrange ceremonies in April/may time.

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:28 pm

I am waiting for my citizenship application to finalize and submitted it 2 and half years ago. My wife applied at the same time and she got her citizenship on January 2018 and our two children applied after my wife and their applications went through so now my whole family are Irish citizens expect for me. This is affecting me mentally and my career as a Doctor because as a non-EEA, I am prohibited from taking part in certain training to progress my career. Right now I should be a Registrar to a consultant and not a SHO. I took a serious career dive to come here and now I am further back than square one because of this situation. My brother in law had an appointment with his Solicitor xxxxxxxx this morning and I went to see if there is something that can be done for my case. This is very interesting.

Actually, two things and I am writing this because I think that people do now know that they can take a case against Irish State for the delay. She said that the delay in my case is terrible and totally illegal. After some advice, She sent a warning letter to the Citizenship processing centre telling them that if they don't deal with my case in 14 days that I will take a High Court case against the State. If they don't make a decision, then I can go straight to High Court after a few weeks and ask the Court to force the State to make a decision. She said that they will make a decision in my case very soon after High Court case is brought and the State lawyers will say to the Court that I should not have brought the case because they were just about to make a decision in my case. That means that they won't pay my costs of the case if successful. If I got to High Court, I will have to pay her and the Barrister to make the case.

The fee is ok so I am going to High Court if I don't get a decision. I am happy now because I know that this is the ending for me. I made freedom of information request and sent reminders and got nothing. When we were sitting in the waiting area this morning, another couple waiting told us that they just got decisions because of a warning letter from solicitors and had just come in with a thank you gift and card. All the people waiting for an answer for a long time should put pressure on the Citizenship section and do not suffer like me for 2.5 years. I should have made this decision sooner.

iceice304
Ireland

Post by iceice304 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:11 pm

I hope you will get. I am also thinking the same as it’s been more than 2 years.
Do update regarding your progress.

yala93
Mood:
Ireland

Post by yala93 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Hi Jamalk,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us - I think it helps to see the options for many of us.

You mentioned that you should have done this long time ago. It has been very frustrating on this forum to see that not a lot of people hear from them in the last 6 months! I wonder how long I should wait and then to make this move with the lawyer? 1, 2 years etc?

Thank you again for your help and best of luck.

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm

hello Ywala93,

Every case is different. In my case 2.5 years- crazy and illegal. You would need to get some advice. 6 months seems normal to me. I don't think you could take the case after 6 or 12 months, It must be a long and unreasonable delay. As I understand, the citizenship section must have a good reason why the case is taking so long and if they do not, the delay is not justified

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:02 pm

iceice304 wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:11 pm
I hope you will get. I am also thinking the same as it’s been more than 2 years.
Do update regarding your progress.
no problem Iceice

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm
hello Ywala93,

Every case is different. In my case 2.5 years- crazy and illegal. You would need to get some advice. 6 months seems normal to me. I don't think you could take the case after 6 or 12 months, It must be a long and unreasonable delay. As I understand, the citizenship section must have a good reason why the case is taking so long and if they do not, the delay is not justified
you should contact xxxxxxxx in xxxxxxx to see if they can help you. Maybe wait a while and I can update you about my case and then you can decide whether they could help you or not

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:28 pm
I am waiting for my citizenship application to finalize and submitted it 2 and half years ago. My wife applied at the same time and she got her citizenship on January 2018 and our two children applied after my wife and their applications went through so now my whole family are Irish citizens expect for me. This is affecting me mentally and my career as a Doctor because as a non-EEA, I am prohibited from taking part in certain training to progress my career. Right now I should be a Registrar to a consultant and not a SHO. I took a serious career dive to come here and now I am further back than square one because of this situation. My brother in law had an appointment with his Solicitor xxxxxxxx this morning and I went to see if there is something that can be done for my case. This is very interesting.

Actually, two things and I am writing this because I think that people do now know that they can take a case against Irish State for the delay. She said that the delay in my case is terrible and totally illegal. After some advice, She sent a warning letter to the Citizenship processing centre telling them that if they don't deal with my case in 14 days that I will take a High Court case against the State. If they don't make a decision, then I can go straight to High Court after a few weeks and ask the Court to force the State to make a decision. She said that they will make a decision in my case very soon after High Court case is brought and the State lawyers will say to the Court that I should not have brought the case because they were just about to make a decision in my case. That means that they won't pay my costs of the case if successful. If I got to High Court, I will have to pay her and the Barrister to make the case.

The fee is ok so I am going to High Court if I don't get a decision. I am happy now because I know that this is the ending for me. I made freedom of information request and sent reminders and got nothing. When we were sitting in the waiting area this morning, another couple waiting told us that they just got decisions because of a warning letter from solicitors and had just come in with a thank you gift and card. All the people waiting for an answer for a long time should put pressure on the Citizenship section and do not suffer like me for 2.5 years. I should have made this decision sooner.
Thanks for sharing. Would you please tell us how much it may cost for each step including the appointment, writing letters, and also making the case.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:47 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:31 pm

you should contact xxxxxxxx in xxxxxxx to see if they can help you. Maybe wait a while and I can update you about my case and then you can decide whether they could help you or not
You are not permitted to post names and details of solicitors etc on the forum. Please desist from doing this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Statusquo73
Lebanon

Post by Statusquo73 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:26 am

Jamalk thank you so much for sharing this great post with us.

If I won't get the decision within 2 months I am sure I will take the same route.

I have requested a copy of my file under FOI but after 2 weeks I still did not get the copy.

Any of you knows how long it takes them to send me the copy?

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm

no problem. Please contact if you want my solicitor details

Jamalk
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by Jamalk » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm

Syjem wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm
Jamalk wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Would you please tell us how much it may cost for each step including the appointment, writing letters, and also making the case.
Hi, she charged €150 plus VAT for consultation fee and included the warning letter to the Citizenship Section

thpc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thpc » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Jamalk wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm
Syjem wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:42 pm
Jamalk wrote:

Hi, she charged €150 plus VAT for consultation fee and included the warning letter to the Citizenship Section
would you be able to PM me the solicitor details please, Much appreciated .