ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

INIS and Welfare

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eveNeve
Newly Registered
Germany

INIS and Welfare

Post by eveNeve » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm

Hello!

I'm looking for advice or any similar experiences.
Any help is much appreciated!

I'm an EU citizen residing in Ireland for the last 3 years, my husband has the permanent EUfam Stamp 4 since last Oct 2018.
After he got the permanent stamp, we moved to another city in Ireland as he got a very good job offer, also the much better renting condition was taken in consideration.
Therefore I voluntarily left my job, as commuting was not possible (I have been working in Ireland for the past 3 years).
I'm now looking for a new job and would like to apply for the Jobseeker's benefit while I look for a job.
I haven't applied yet for fear of INIS finding out about our new situation.

Please, I'd like to know if there is any way of INIS finding out that I left my job.
Would the Welfare office communicate with INIS, if I request the Jobseeker's benefit?
I'm asking this because I'll need to provide my husband's details on the form to Welfare and I don't want to put his visa in any jeopardy.

What is the best course of action in my case?

Thank you so much for any advice!

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: INIS and Welfare

Post by max307 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:20 pm

eveNeve wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:21 pm
Hello!

I'm looking for advice or any similar experiences.
Any help is much appreciated!

I'm an EU citizen residing in Ireland for the last 3 years, my husband has the permanent EUfam Stamp 4 since last Oct 2018.
After he got the permanent stamp, we moved to another city in Ireland as he got a very good job offer, also the much better renting condition was taken in consideration.
Therefore I voluntarily left my job, as commuting was not possible (I have been working in Ireland for the past 3 years).
I'm now looking for a new job and would like to apply for the Jobseeker's benefit while I look for a job.
I haven't applied yet for fear of INIS finding out about our new situation.

Please, I'd like to know if there is any way of INIS finding out that I left my job.
Would the Welfare office communicate with INIS, if I request the Jobseeker's benefit?
I'm asking this because I'll need to provide my husband's details on the form to Welfare and I don't want to put his visa in any jeopardy.

What is the best course of action in my case?

Thank you so much for any advice!
I would recommend to stay away from Social Welfare all together if you applied under EU Treaty Rights for your husband's Stamp 4 EUFAM.

If you need to rely on any social assistance from the government, INIS will deem you (EU citizen) as not "exercising your Treaty Rights" and therefore your husband's Stamp 4 EUFAM will be in jeopardy. Others in this forum had similar situations before and received letters from INIS with the intention of revoking their non-EU spouses Stamp 4 EUFAM.

If you are not employed, self employed or student in Ireland the other way to "exercise your Treaty Rights" is to reside with sufficient founds without any social assistance from the government, basically a dependent on your non-EU husband. I would recommend to keep private medical insurance at all times as well.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.