ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Credit and extension visa??

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

__hrxx
Newly Registered

Tax Credit and extension visa??

Post by __hrxx » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi all, I’m in a dilemma and I need help.
My husband is on a spousal visa which expires in August 2019. He works full time and earns 16000 before tax per annum. However I, a british citizen have claimed for tax credit(in joint names but I am the main applicant) and also child benefits and housing benefits (live in council property in my name). With tax credit our total income per annum is 19000. My question is will this affect my husband extension visa? Will he put in the 10 years route or 5 years route? I have a child who is current 18 months old and pregnant with my second.
Your help would be appreciated thank you.

JB007
- thin ice -

Re: Tax Credit and extension visa??

Post by JB007 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:54 pm

__hrxx wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:18 pm
Hi all, I’m in a dilemma and I need help.
My husband is on a spousal visa which expires in August 2019. He works full time and earns 16000 before tax per annum. However I, a british citizen have claimed for tax credit(in joint names but I am the main applicant) and also child benefits and housing benefits (live in council property in my name). With tax credit our total income per annum is 19000. My question is will this affect my husband extension visa? Will he put in the 10 years route or 5 years route? I have a child who is current 18 months old and pregnant with my second.
Your help would be appreciated thank you.
Financial requirement for renewing a visa for a spouse, should perhaps be on the Immigration for Family Members board?

__hrxx
Newly Registered

Re: Tax Credit and extension visa??

Post by __hrxx » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Sorry I’ve just posted it there :)