ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Guidance before Applying

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scorpiono1
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Need Guidance before Applying

Post by scorpiono1 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:43 am

I am from Pakistan and working as freelancer here. have access to 200k+ own funds. I want to know if it is necessary to invest these funds in UK to start some business. Because I work from home and no need any staff. i just need to switch my bank account from Pak to Uk (if i have UK bank account) means my next payments can be come in UK. I can not leave my work as it is profitable already but i can invest 200k in UK and hire some one to manage this bussiness.
My questions are
1 : If freelance work can be considered as Business? if no then if i invested 200k in some business branch of relative on my name so will i allowed to do freelance and this business together? as i listened (not sure) you cant do other business except the one on base you applied visa.

2 : If someone can let me know (preferable from Pakistan) is there any difficulties in transferring funds to UK from Pakistani banks.

3 : What if someone get Ent Visa and not able to invest 200k will he be derported? or need to transfer funds in uk before traveling etc.

Thank You

zimba
Mood:

Re: Need Guidance before Applying

Post by zimba » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:17 am

1 : If freelance work can be considered as Business? if no then if i invested 200k in some business branch of relative on my name so will i allowed to do freelance and this business together? as i listened (not sure) you cant do other business except the one on base you applied visa.
You are expected to provide a business plan and prove your plan is reasonable and credible. Freelancing is not entrepreneurship and contracting is not allowed under this visa route. You will be interviewed to check all this. That is also why refusal rates are quite high for this route
2 : If someone can let me know (preferable from Pakistan) is there any difficulties in transferring funds to UK from Pakistani banks.
You can get visa based on money kept in your bank account at home (as long as your bank is on the UKVI's approved list).
No need to invest or transfer it here for initial visa
3 : What if someone get Ent Visa and not able to invest 200k will he be derported? or need to transfer funds in uk before traveling etc.
You must invest the money within the 3 years or else you cannot extend. If you breach the conditions of your stay, your visa can be curtailed

READ THE OFFICIAL GUIDE: Guidance on application for UK visa as Tier 1 (Entrepreneur)
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:56 am

Bit confused about freelance work that you mention. Are you on a Tier 2 visa already?

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:01 am

I assume for the OP 'here' means Pakistan
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice