ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

speckycanuck
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by speckycanuck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:51 pm

'exceptionally complex' response re 24hr deadline? - anyone else get this?

Hi all. I went to Birmingham for my biometrics yesterday (SEWT-M, super priority) and got a rather alarming email today, just at the 24hr mark. I wanted to see if others received the same wording, or if I should be as worried as I am about the 'exceptionally complex' wording (because so far as my partner and I could see it was pretty darn clear/simple!):

'Thank you for your Super Priority Application.

We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 24 hour target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

We expect to make a decision on your application as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely, [case worker]'

There's nothing in there that should be exceptionally complex, so now I'm wondering if a) others have had this and it's a typical holding response for when they can't meet the super priority 24hr timeline, or b) I should be worried that something is missing or not obvious. Trying not to panic!

For refc:
Set-M application submitted: 22 Jan (super priority)
Biometrics appt: Birmingham, 5 Feb 11am
'Exceptionally complex' email: 6 Feb, 12noon

Thinking about responding as follows but will hold back if this is just standard and others are getting it too:
'Thank you [case worker],
I understand there have been some backlogs processing Super Priority applications, so I appreciate the contact to let me know. I'm concerned about the 'exceptionally complex' comment, as we believed all the paperwork to be present and clear, and having done this twice already (FLR-M) we were certain we'd included everything necessary. Please do let me know if something is unclear or if anything further is needed. I had hoped to be able to travel for some important work meetings in March, hence the Super Priority route, so if there is anything additional you need from us please do let me know. '

DGTIND
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by DGTIND » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:56 pm

My solicitor had a very vague reply from the complaints team. It reads our record shows that we have been in touch with yourself and your clien Further we also have been contacted by your MP, who we will reply in due course via our MP caseworker team.

No update on when they are looking to resolve considering it’s already seven weeks since application submission.

Really getting annoyed with such replies which doesn’t make any sense nor does it help in any other way. I am not sure why they waste thier time replying so vaguely.

Anyone recall receiving such email?

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Hi All, good luck to all who still wait for their ILR to be approved. Mine was approved on 23rd of January after for over a month wait. I have been promised a refud and gor a response to my complaint saying the fee for the priority service will be refunded, but I have not received the refund yet. Any of you who had to wait for the desicion received a refund? If yes, what steps did you make in order to get the refund.

Thank you

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm

speckycanuck wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:51 pm

Hi all. I went to Birmingham for my biometrics yesterday (SEWT-M, super priority) and got a rather alarming email today, just at the 24hr mark. I wanted to see if others received the same wording, or if I should be as worried as I am about the 'exceptionally complex' wording (because so far as my partner and I could see it was pretty darn clear/simple!):

We have attempted to process your application within the 24 hour service standard, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 24 hour target.

This is because your application raises exceptionally complex issues and we require further time to consider your case thoroughly and reach a decision.

There's nothing in there that should be exceptionally complex, so now I'm wondering if a) others have had this and it's a typical holding response for when they can't meet the super priority 24hr timeline, or b) I should be worried that something is missing or not obvious. Trying not to panic!

For refc:

Thinking about responding as follows but will hold back if this is just standard and others are getting it too:
I understand there have been some backlogs processing Super Priority applications, so I appreciate the contact to let me know. I'm concerned about the 'exceptionally complex' comment, as we believed all the paperwork to be present and clear, and having done this twice already (FLR-M) we were certain we'd included everything necessary. Please do let me know if something is unclear or if anything further is needed. I had hoped to be able to travel for some important work meetings in March, hence the Super Priority route, so if there is anything additional you need from us please do let me know. '
I dont recollect seeing any response like this. Did you get an email directly from case worker i.e. with their official mail ID or through this generic mail ID [UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gov.uk]? I ask this because if it is from a generic mailbox it could be that they are updating their auto-reply or quick-reply templates that caseworkers can use to send communication to applicants.

Most people, including myself, receive a very standard templatised response from UKVIcontactcentre@homeoffice.gov.uk stating either the '...we aim to process in 24 hours else refund if not your fault' OR '....we aim to process in six months etc.'

From what I gather from this forum, most people are contacted directly by caseworker in following cases:

1. When case worker needs additional information
2. When case worker needs additional documentation
3. To update the applicant that they are working on information
4. One person was asked when their partner will be eligible to apply for ILR

speckycanuck
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by speckycanuck » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:44 pm

So I didn't get the email from the UKVI contact centre - but I haven't contacted the UKVI contact centre, this email just showed up today (at the 24hr mark, so I haven't at any point chased the application/contacted them, yet). It came from UKVISETM@homeoffice.gov.uk and though it has a caseworker name it doesn't have an id number or anything for them.
Seeing as I've just got this from them - not in response to any query or follow-up I made (none made yet) - I was just wondering if it's their holding response.

Acehlyn
Newly Registered
China

Post by Acehlyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:33 pm

misskin wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:51 am
Hi all,

I got my ILR and I wanted to share my experience. Overall, I think it was great, very smooth and fast. I'm very pleased with the service. Here is the timeline of events:
  • I submitted my application (SET (O); applied via Tier 2 General) online on 17 January and selected an appointment for 1st February
  • I attended the appointment 1st February at 10am
  • I had to wait about 5 minutes before they called me for my biometrics
  • Then they told me to sit down in the lounge
  • It was another 5 minutes before they called me to check my documents. I had already uploaded everything so that part took about half an hour to 40 minutes.
  • They then told me to go home
  • Today, 2nd February, I got an email notification before 10am that the application is successful and that I should receive my BRP in due course
Good luck to you all!
misskin
Hi there my experience and timiline is similar to yours. I attended my biometrics appointment at 8 am, 1st Feb at Croydon UKVCAS centre and received an email at 6.20 pm on the same day, confirming my application has been granted and I'll receive my decision letter and BRP in due course. I'm still waiting for my BRP. Could you update me if you receive yours by post? I'll update mine as well.

Acehlyn
Newly Registered
China

Post by Acehlyn » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi all, just wanna share my timeline with you:

Type of Application: Tier 2 G switching from Tier 4 Student (Super Priority new service)

Date of online application submitted: 23rd Jan, 2019

Biometrics appointment: 8 am, 1st Feb, 2019, Croydon (I was among the first of applicants on that day)

My lawyer was notified by email on the same day (1st Feb) at 6:20 pm confirming that my application has been granted; decision letter and BRP will arrive in due course. What a relief!

N.B. I scanned and uploaded all the necessary documents before the appointment and paid for £35 document check fee. From previous threads, a few of you said this £35 is a waste but as per my experience the staff who helped me register my biometrics told me that she could tell from her system that my documents had been verified already so I should be notified of the decision soon. I don't know whether the same day decision is the result of this £35 but I don't regret paying for it at all.

Overall I'm quite satisfied with UKVICAS new service. Although there was a one week wait before the biometrics appointment, Home Office sticks to their 24 hr guarantee in my case. I'm still anxiously waiting for my BRP and wanna travel outside UK after getting it. Could anyone that has a similar timeline to mine update me if you receive your BRP?

Wish you all the best of luck!

Taz321
Newly Registered

Post by Taz321 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:53 pm

Hello,

I wanted to share my experience so I applied for FLR (m) spouse visa.super priority service
Attended appoint: 1st Feb Croydon for biometrics
Member of staff told me you will receive an answer in 24hrs, when 24hrs passed on Saturday I tried to call UKVI but they was closed, so Monday I contacted again spoke to a lady told her I didn't receive any answer, she replied it's 24 working hours then 5 working days till you receive any answer, so I asked her when you make application it says 24 hrs, it doesn't say 24 working hrs, then she told me we can't do anything until 11 Feb you will have to wait, she gave me an email address to complain which was Srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk, so I email them saying all this and asked for refund got a reply saying, will get back to you within 20 working days.
So o decided to contact my MP, I write the same email to my MP saying that home office is misleading the applicants and the service is not fit for purpose.
I got a letter from my MP this morning saying that I have contacted MD of UKVI and will meet and discuss your case
So about 2pm today, I received an email from case worker that your leave to remain is granted and will receive BRP and letter in due course.
So I think contacting your MP does helps and now am after the refund of the super priority service.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:41 pm

My super priority experience went very well. I got the appointment booked for 3 days after submitting my application online (it was the earliest I could get). Only available appointment was a 7am at the lounge in London. Paid the £35 to get documents checked.

Appointment was on time and only took about 15 minutes.

Received decision about 6hrs after the appointment and was granted the visa. Did not expect this as the application wasn't completely straightforward and I thought they might as for more time/documents.

Can't complain about this new process. I had lots to complain about the old process when I did it 2.5 years ago.

Luvly
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by Luvly » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:58 pm

I paid £100 for an appointment last 31 January 2019 under Priority Visa (result within 10 days). I went to Croydon for my appoinrment. I have not received any email about my application. I am staying at a different address now since I got a new job far from my previous address. If the result will be mailed directly to my previous address there is no way thay I will know that it was there already but to travel again to that address.

I knew someone who availed free slot appointment last Jan 14 and got an email last January 15 that the application was succesful and the brp will be sent via post to his address. We do have the same priority service and same sponsor same UKCvas croydon.

This new system is inconsistent with in most of their ways. All i can do is wait for the result within 10 days.

prejay

Post by prejay » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 am

Has anyone recieved a BRP recently? If so, what was the decision date on your letter? We're still waiting from 16th January.

I'm starting to worry UKVI are clearing the application backlog and are processing on time and have now caused the department producing BRPs to fall over. Other threads only show delay after delays and I'm really hoping someone can correct me.

speedypro
Newly Registered

Post by speedypro » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:58 am

speckycanuck wrote:

For refc:

Can I ask if you submitted the consent for HO to verify details form?

Not saying that's related in any way, just curious.

haveaniceday
Newly Registered
Belarus

Post by haveaniceday » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am

Good morning,

I am still waiting for any information regarding my ILR application as well. Was using super priority service. Here is my timeline:

28 Jan 11.00: attended appointment in Corydon, bio-metrics taken
4 Feb: emailed complaints to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and local MP
5 Feb: emailed a complain to srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk
6 Feb: called to 03001232241
No news at all, only standard automatic replies.

ridingthisout
Newly Registered

Post by ridingthisout » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:50 am

Something that may be of interest, if only to show how random this process is.

My wife got her BRP on Tuesday 5th, exactly 5 working days after the 24hrs after the appointment on the 28th Jan in London (so 6 working days).

Yesterday (weds 6th Feb) we had a note from Royal Mail saying there was a letter for us to collect. My wife went to collect it today and it was the decision letter from UKVI telling her her FLRM was granted. You know, the letter that should arrive before the BRP.

A note about the applying via post as I saw a comment earlier on. Yes, financially, it would seem it makes no sense to opt for this 24hr service. However, given the issues with getting answers out of UKVI, would you trust them to hold all your originals, and process them from the point they receive them by mail. That was, for me the reason to use this service, that I got to keep all my documents with me. Last thing you need is the UKVI losing your passport and then having to go through the nightmare of getting one, once your visa is expiring.

The more I can keep with me, the more control I have. 24hrs was also a small cost on top of the other service (10 day?) where you still keep documents. We are fortunate to be able to afford it, and I realise that is not always an option, but I would strongly encourage anyone to keep hold of their documents at all times!

Again, good luck to all those still waiting.

speckycanuck
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by speckycanuck » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:14 am

speedypro wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:58 am
speckycanuck wrote:

Can I ask if you submitted the consent for HO to verify details form?

Not saying that's related in any way, just curious.

Yep, on the advice of someone further up the thread, we googled that form and printed it out and signed, scanned, uploaded - nowhere in the application process was it mentioned but we included it just in case, as per someone's previous post (thank you!).

I'm hoping that it's actually just them covering their backsides for not getting to it in time, as from what I can find on the internet, that wording has been used in other cases to buy time/delay, so it may just be their excuse for not meeting the deadline (and possibly one they're hoping will allow them not to refund, if it's 'exceptionally complex' - except it isn't, everything is super cut and dry). So for now, I kind of have to hope it's just them being weaselly about not being able to meet the 24hr timeline, and try not to panic... If anyone else has similar experience with this wording (without any chasing etc), please do chime in!

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Hello Everyone,

Anyone still waiting for their decision since December 2018.

As I had done biometric in December and no result so far.

Please share your views.

Regards,
Raj

Amnausman21
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Amnausman21 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:41 am

My husband applied for Ilr on 10 year route, biometric appointment attended on monday 4th feb 2019
We havent receieved any email or letter, i am starting to think that something is wrong perhaps thats what we havent received anything yet
Anyone else applied on the same date for ILR?

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:31 pm

haveaniceday wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 am
Good morning,

I am still waiting for any information regarding my ILR application as well. Was using super priority service. Here is my timeline:

28 Jan 11.00: attended appointment in Corydon, bio-metrics taken
4 Feb: emailed complaints to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and local MP
5 Feb: emailed a complain to srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk
6 Feb: called to 03001232241
No news at all, only standard automatic replies.
I'm in a similar situation as you!! Enrolled on 28th morning at croydon. Phone escalations, mail escalations, MP escalations ... just waiting for now

morgan314
Newly Registered

Post by morgan314 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm

Just to share my timeline:

Tier 2 to ILR Set O
Online application: 19th January 2019
Biometric enrollment: 28th January London premium lounge
MP escalation: 5th Feb
Phone escalation: 5th Feb
Email decision: waiting
Approval letter: waiting
BRP: waiting

Finger crossed the decision is coming soon.

muffinman
Mood:
Australia

Post by muffinman » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:21 pm

prejay wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:00 am
Has anyone recieved a BRP recently? If so, what was the decision date on your letter? We're still waiting from 16th January.

I'm starting to worry UKVI are clearing the application backlog and are processing on time and have now caused the department producing BRPs to fall over. Other threads only show delay after delays and I'm really hoping someone can correct me.
I went in for super priority appointment Monday 4th. Received email confirmation that same afternoon. And BRP arrived today the 7th. This was for an flr(m) and not exactly a straightforward application.

abhijit19
India

Post by abhijit19 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:28 pm

Seems like some caseworkers tend to be doing their work on time and some couldn't care.
Previously with the same day route they were forced to come up with a decision before EOP. Now they don't seem to care.
Just had my biometric for ILR Set 0 yesterday and the 24 hour mark just passed and no news yet.

charmy244
Newly Registered

Post by charmy244 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:36 pm

I just want to share my experience here ! I applied for SET-M Super priority service. I just want to let everyone know that I booked free available appointment with UKVCAS and did not buy any extra services. I uploaded all of my documents before my biometric appointment. I just think that if you have done your paper work perfectly, You don't need any of their services.

Online Application date : 24th January 2019
Biometric Appointment : 6th February 2019 at 10 AM (took 15 mins to finish everything)
Decision Received Via Email : 7th February at 9.30 AM (within 24 hours )

Waiting for My BRP and decision letter now :)
Good luck Guys :)

DGTIND
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by DGTIND » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:16 pm

Just had an email confirming that my ILR has been granted. I had submitted my application on 17th Dec and Biometrics on 27th Dec.

Not really happy with the service but ofcourse relieved. I wish everyone waiting get thier ILR soon.

I can tell you from my experience that please get in touch with your MP if you are waiting from a long time. That definitely helps!

Good luck everyone

letitbe
Newly Registered
Mood:
Russia

Post by letitbe » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello all,

Could you please help me with the question regarding the receiving of BRP via post. Does it require a signature or will it simply be left at the post box? If the former is there a way to change the address to a work address for example (after the application itself) as definitely when the postman arrives I will be at work.. I believe there is no way to contact Royal mail so they inform in advance if the postman will arrive today or not..

Thanks and good luck everyone!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:51 pm

letitbe wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:42 pm
Hello all,

Could you please help me with the question regarding the receiving of BRP via post. Does it require a signature or will it simply be left at the post box? If the former is there a way to change the address to a work address for example (after the application itself) as definitely when the postman arrives I will be at work.. I believe there is no way to contact Royal mail so they inform in advance if the postman will arrive today or not..

Thanks and good luck everyone!
BRP cards are delivered by DX Courier not Royal Mail. Some courier drivers asked for signatures, others don't.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.