ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Having a baby on Tier 5- Youth Mobility Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NicM
Newly Registered
Australia

Having a baby on Tier 5- Youth Mobility Visa

Post by NicM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm

Hi,
My husband and I have been in the UK for about 2 months now. We are wanting to start trying to get pregnant but want to know the implication for me on my Tier 5-Youth Mobility Visa if we are lucky to have a baby.
He holds both an Australian and British Passport. I have paid the health surcharge so will be covered for hospital visits etc.

Just need to know if there is any issue having a baby while on Tier 5 and whether it will cause any immigration problems?

Thank you!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Having a baby on Tier 5- Youth Mobility Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm

No issue.

Presumably you will be changing to a spouse visa at some point.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 pm

If your husband is British, then baby may automatically be British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:13 pm

You might want to check with an immigration legal adviser whether there will be any issue with you no longer meeting one of the requirements of the visa, i.e. paragraph 245ZK(f) of the Immigration Rules:

(f) The applicant must have no children under the age of 18 who are either living with him or for whom he is financially responsible;

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... sed-system

It doesn't seem very reasonable for this to be an issue, but it is probably worth checking.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 am

That’s a requirement for an entry clearance. It’s not a condition of (after) grant.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:32 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:15 am
That’s a requirement for an entry clearance. It’s not a condition of (after) grant.
Good news (for OP).
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.