ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU spouse, arrived in Ireland, what next?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Daisies
Ireland

Non EU spouse, arrived in Ireland, what next?

Post by Daisies » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:23 pm

So my husband who is Malawian applied for and was granted a Visa to join me (an Irish citizen) in Ireland. He arrived yesterday and we are trying to figure out the next steps. He was stamped into the country with a visitors visa, is this correct? It states that he is not allowed to work.
I know he has to register with the local immigration officer, we are outside of Dublin, but we never received the letter stating what documents we have to bring. I'm guessing the following
- proof of address. Can this be a tenancy agreement?
- our marriage cert
- both of our passports
-what else?

Also for him to get a PPS number it seems from my research that he can get that prior to his IRP? Is this the case? And for the reason for requiring a PPSN can he just state to split his tax credits with me?

Thanks

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Non EU spouse, arrived in Ireland, what next?

Post by max307 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 am

See link below, section 1. How do I apply? scenarion B. :

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

He won't be able to work until a Stamp 4 (IRP) is issued, once the application is initially reviewed (~8 weeks) by INIS a temporary Stamp 4 will be issued and with that stamp he can apply for a PPSN and eventually enter employment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:58 am

max307 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:36 am
See link below, section 1. How do I apply? scenarion B. :

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024

He won't be able to work until a Stamp 4 (IRP) is issued, once the application is initially reviewed (~8 weeks) by INIS a temporary Stamp 4 will be issued and with that stamp he can apply for a PPSN and eventually enter employment.
Thank you I obviously didn't read the part A of how to apply properly

Majese
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Majese » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm

Go to the Garda station the nearest to you and bring the documents you mentioned and look for the immigration officer. There he or she will process your documents for your husband to get the GNIB card,or the IRP. Then go to the intreo office to apply for the PPS number. this is the process I went through as a spouse of an Irishman. Hope this will be helpful to you

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:41 pm

Majese wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Go to the Garda station the nearest to you and bring the documents you mentioned and look for the immigration officer. There he or she will process your documents for your husband to get the GNIB card,or the IRP. Then go to the intreo office to apply for the PPS number. this is the process I went through as a spouse of an Irishman. Hope this will be helpful to you
Thanks. What sort of proof of address will they accept? Will a tenancy agreement with both of our names be sufficient?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm

Daisies wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:41 pm
Majese wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:35 pm
Thanks. What sort of proof of address will they accept? Will a tenancy agreement with both of our names be sufficient?
Yes, tenancy agreement with both your names is a proof of address that INIS will accept.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

SGTM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by SGTM » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm

I'm a non eu citizen came to Ireland in 2015 on a visit visa which was valid for 90 days. All I did was went into garda station with my wife (Irish citizen) submitted both of our passports, Marriage certificate to the immigration officer then was instantly stamped on my passport.

Unless there has been a change in law here in Ireland they should not ask you for anything else except for your passports and marriage certificate.

They didn't ask me for any proof of address as how am I meant to have one back then when I was in the country literally 10 days.

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:41 pm

Just to update everyone, we walked into the immigration section of Limerick garda station yesterday morning and walked out 15mins later with a stamp 4 for 3 years and told to return in 3 weeks to pick up his IRP.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 pm

Daisies wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:41 pm
Just to update everyone, we walked into the immigration section of Limerick garda station yesterday morning and walked out 15mins later with a stamp 4 for 3 years and told to return in 3 weeks to pick up his IRP.

Hi do you mind if I ask you something, did you and your husband lived together before he came to Ireland? Sorry I would have pm you but it won't allow me

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 pm

We were never asked for proof of address when we went to the immigration officier. He of course asked for an address but never required proof of it in the line of a utility bill or anything like that.

Your mileage will vary depending on who you meet on the day.
Ash_g wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:42 pm
Hi do you mind if I ask you something, did you and your husband lived together before he came to Ireland? Sorry I would have pm you but it won't allow me
My wife and I had never lived together when we got her Stamp 4.

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:28 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Daisies wrote:

We did but only for brief periods (what tourist visas would allow) but it isn't a requirement of the Visa.

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:30 pm

Zoot7 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:59 pm
We were never asked for proof of address when we went to the immigration officier. He of course asked for an address but never required proof of it in the line of a utility bill or anything like that.

Your mileage will vary depending on who you meet on the day
Just in this, everything I have read online, including on the INIS website say proof of address is a requirement so maybe you were just very lucky or the requirements have changed since you did your registration

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:26 pm

Daisies wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:28 pm
Ash_g wrote:
Daisies wrote:

We did but only for brief periods (what tourist visas would allow) but it isn't a requirement of the Visa.

What visa did you apply for him? Spouse visa, did you have to provide proof of whatsapp or any form of daily communication etc

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 pm

Zoot7 wrote:

Ash_g wrote:
In terms of proof of relationship, apart from marriage cert what else did you have to provide. I know flights ticket, hotel bookings and photos but my lawyer said we need to provide some sort of regular communication between us, even print out once a week communication for the last five years we're together 🤣 God help me 🤣🤣

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:24 pm

For applying for his entry Visa we had flights, a print off of various days of FB messages from over the last 7 years, letters from people who had known us attesting that our relationship was genuine, photos from the last 7 years that were dated and had a little explanation.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:53 am

Daisies wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:24 pm
For applying for his entry Visa we had flights, a print off of various days of FB messages from over the last 7 years, letters from people who had known us attesting that our relationship was genuine, photos from the last 7 years that were dated and had a little explanation.
Thank you so much, for the fb messages did you do it continuously everyday conversation you print (by that I mean did u skip a few months or it was continuous print as in everyday) Because we have photos dated from 2009 and flight and hotels reservations and lots of emails. But I've changed phoned quite a bit I've lost quite a bit of conversation 🙊

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 pm

I just picked a selection, one page from 7 years ago, one page from 3 years ago and one page from last year.

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:20 pm

Daisies wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:38 pm
I just picked a selection, one page from 7 years ago, one page from 3 years ago and one page from last year.
Oh okay, so it wasn't like you print every week conversation for the last seven years 🤣 Thank you,youve actually helped me a lot. I can now save some money on not over print stuff and over worry about stuff I don't have 🤣🤣

Daisies
Ireland

Post by Daisies » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm

No I decided no one would want to be reading that
Plus had to hide the arguments 😂

Ash_g
Ireland

Post by Ash_g » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Daisies wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm
No I decided no one would want to be reading that
Plus had to hide the arguments 😂
Haha I'll be the same as you 🤣😂

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Zoot7 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:31 pm

Ash_g wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:28 pm
Zoot7 wrote:

Ash_g wrote:
In terms of proof of relationship, apart from marriage cert what else did you have to provide. I know flights ticket, hotel bookings and photos but my lawyer said we need to provide some sort of regular communication between us, even print out once a week communication for the last five years we're together 🤣 God help me 🤣🤣
Nothing is the answer, but that's nothing to do with what you're referring to.

Relationship proof is required at the Visa application stage, which is permission to enter the country and stay for up to 90 days. Then after taht you need permission to remain, I was referring to the Stamp 4 residency which is what that is.

Usually they don't require any proof of relationship when you go to the Garda to get Stamp 4 as the Spouse of an Irish Citizen, the idea is that you've already provided it at the Visa application stage.

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm

SGTM wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm
I'm a non eu citizen came to Ireland in 2015 on a visit visa which was valid for 90 days. All I did was went into garda station with my wife (Irish citizen) submitted both of our passports, Marriage certificate to the immigration officer then was instantly stamped on my passport.

Unless there has been a change in law here in Ireland they should not ask you for anything else except for your passports and marriage certificate.

They didn't ask me for any proof of address as how am I meant to have one back then when I was in the country literally 10 days.

Hi SGTM
you came Ireland in 2015 but which countries naturalization department asking you to provide police Clarence report ? in which county you was before
thanks

SGTM
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by SGTM » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:38 pm

ghsherazi wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:39 pm
SGTM wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi SGTM
you came Ireland in 2015 but which countries naturalization department asking you to provide police Clarence report ? in which county you was before
thanks

I was asked the police clearance certificate by the citizenship department as I have applied for the citizenship now. I was never asked anything when I first came to the country. if you are wondering if you need police clearance certificate to get the stamp for the first time NO.