ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Late Police Registration - Please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Agustecomte9
Newly Registered
Mood:
Turkey

Late Police Registration - Please help

Post by Agustecomte9 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:56 pm

I have a worse scenario, I went to the police station today and the lady said that I did not update my visa information when I got my new tier 4 visa and took my police registration certificate (it was damaged also) for sending it to the home office. She also said I have to apply for a new police registration certificate.
When I come to the UK for a language course, I got a police registration certificate in 2012 and got the third tier 4 visa in 2013, 2013 and 2015 for pre-sessional, master and PhD programs.
I did not know that I had to go to the police station for updating my circumstances after each BRP confirmation and renewing passports (except updating address).
The lady said that the home office does not give to me a visa anymore, because it passed 4 years after getting my last visa. Further, she continued the home office will deport me soon due to not updating my information.

My wife has started her PhD in October and my visa expires in December 2019. I was planning to get a dependent visa on my wife`s visa caring for our baby. I am so sad and confused. I know it is my fault, but I want to fix it. How can I solve this issue? Is there anyone can help me? Thanks in advance.

dnzcnr
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: Late Police Registration - Please help

Post by dnzcnr » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:15 pm

Any update on your status @Agustecomte9 ? I am in a similar situation and need to go to police to register but very frightened after seeing this post. Any one else have been in this situation?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Late Police Registration - Please help

Post by zimba » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Immigration rules require certain nationalities to register with the local police and report changes of circumstances like a new address, visa or passport. This is very clearly stated on back of your BRP and also is explained in approval letters sent out with each visa. What is the point of registration then ??
I suggest to get a new police registration as soon as possible :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice