ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Applications for naturalisation received in January 2006 are currently being processed.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Co ... %20Section

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:29 pm

What are they doing now? Binning all the files into Liffey or what !!! :shock: At this speed they will do applications of August 2009 in December 2008 :P

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:32 pm

Guess-Any-Name wrote:What are they doing now? Binning all the files into Liffey or what !!! :shock: At this speed they will do applications of August 2009 in December 2008 :P
I hope it's not hackers. This page was updated on Saturday. I think it is unlikely that someone in Civil Service will come to work on a Saturday to update a web-page...

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:39 pm

Well their contractors (IT) may be working over weekends...but if it's the handiwork of a hacker let's give him/her some credit to make us see the light at the end of the tunnel? :roll:

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:41 pm

It looks like things are begining to be more efficient there :) .. I applied in July 06 so hopefully I'll see something this year! .. Did anyone here apply in July 06? Do you remember after how long you received the letter saying that they received everything blah blah and we'll contact you later .. I was just looking at the letter I received and I noticed that I received it 5 months after I submitted my application!

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:43 pm

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter"

Interesting :P - 'cause if this is true most of the lives never begin in this shamrock land :roll: :D

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:46 pm

It seems a lot of people are carefully watching this space .. well "Guess-Any-Name" .. I think it's very relevant to the current affairs .. Wouldn't you agree? :) .. now back to my question .. otherwise I'll have to endure the pain of ringing the DOJ .. I'm getting worried they might have misplaced my application

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:44 am

It is possible that Dept hired Contractors just to check the files and ready for making decisions. In any case, it's good to see that some progress is being made. I guess they still have to get Garda clearance.

Do they also wait for the references letter from the references given in the application?

Regards

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:44 pm

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:30 pm

Any reason for removing your last update?
sashasolar wrote:...

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:15 pm

ChIrl wrote:Any reason for removing your last update?
sashasolar wrote:...
Sure. Because it contained a link to a dated news. I.ve realised only later that this news was dated, hence decided to remove it.

hussie
Newly Registered

Light in the tunnel

Post by hussie » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:04 pm

Hi guys

Some stats if you want to draw your estimates with graphs in excel ;-)

Check date : Busy with applications received in
20-APR-08 : SEP-05
18-MAY-08 : SEP-05
1-JUN-08 : NOV-05
9-JUN-08 : JAN-06

C'MON IRELAND!!!!

another_immigrant

Re: Light in the tunnel

Post by another_immigrant » Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:50 pm

hussie wrote:Hi guys

Some stats if you want to draw your estimates with graphs in excel ;-)

Check date : Busy with applications received in
20-APR-08 : SEP-05
18-MAY-08 : SEP-05
1-JUN-08 : NOV-05
9-JUN-08 : JAN-06

C'MON IRELAND!!!!
Obviously there is a strong momentum over the last 10 days. I wonder if it's something to do with the new centres that the INIS opened in several locations recently. Or the new immigration bill - though not sure if it's been already implemented yet - ? or the change in the cabinet ? orelse the mails that were posted recently?

But whatever the reason is, there is a mementum though the waiting period still seems to be 29 months. ( June 08 - Jan 06 )

Let's keep watching and chasing it up.

asrpb

Post by asrpb » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:06 pm

I think something OR someone WOKE THE STAFF UP :D @ DoJ
.... If its our Letter or Constant pressure on TDs ..... I think we should all KEEP IT UP and shouldn't just sit down ..... or they might go back to SLEEP.

I really now hope that DoJ keeps this speed and reduce the waiting time to something realistic i.e. 4-6 months.

malcolmrx

Post by malcolmrx » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:50 pm

I'm trying to avoid being cynical .. it could be just a seasonal thing we are seeing here! .. that the volume of applications in these last couple of months are less than other months in the year .. it looks far fetched though (I certainly hope!)

jackab2
Newly Registered

Keep up the pressure

Post by jackab2 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:44 am

I think that the government is worried, now that the economy is slowing down and there are more and more people signing on to the live register for unemployment benefits. They know that the majority of emigrants who come over in the boom times are highly qualified, as well as having brought money into the country and should these skills and monies be driven out it will add to the decline.

Less taxes, vat, prsi, pensions,

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:45 am

The other side of the coin is that they also know if someone gets an Irish passport they will be eligible to work anywhere in Europe without the need of a work permit hence may leave Ireland for a better prospect country such as UK (they have better shock absorption in the event economy takes a U turn than Ireland because Ireland is a small country hence less opportunities)....so they know if people start leaving the country they are hit too..

Just thinking aloud?

ChIrl

Post by ChIrl » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:55 am

My friend applied in Jan.06. Will see whether he gets any letter from the Dept.

Did anyone of your friends got the application approved for Naturalisation recently?

Is there anyway we can track like whether our references get any letter from dept? Any idea on this?

Regards

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:01 pm

Guess-Any-Name wrote:The other side of the coin is that they also know if someone gets an Irish passport they will be eligible to work anywhere in Europe without the need of a work permit hence may leave Ireland for a better prospect country such as UK (they have better shock absorption in the event economy takes a U turn than Ireland because Ireland is a small country hence less opportunities)....so they know if people start leaving the country they are hit too..

Just thinking aloud?
That is true and I suspect the long waiting times is a way to ensure people stay here, they may argue that if youve lived here in excess of 8 years youre less likely to leave. New Zealand changed their citizenship laws because people naturalised there and immediately went over to Australia.

However, one of the conditions of naturalisation is that you intend to live in Ireland after naturalisation, and I believe you need to register yearly for 7 years if you leave Ireland otherwise your citizenship could be revoked. Having said that revoking citizenship is extremely difficult and I dont think it has ever been done. I doubt anyone complies with that requirement anyway.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:52 pm

joesoap101 wrote:
Guess-Any-Name wrote:The other side of the coin is that they also know if someone gets an Irish passport they will be eligible to work anywhere in Europe without the need of a work permit hence may leave Ireland for a better prospect country such as UK (they have better shock absorption in the event economy takes a U turn than Ireland because Ireland is a small country hence less opportunities)....so they know if people start leaving the country they are hit too..

Just thinking aloud?
That is true and I suspect the long waiting times is a way to ensure people stay here, they may argue that if youve lived here in excess of 8 years youre less likely to leave. New Zealand changed their citizenship laws because people naturalised there and immediately went over to Australia.

However, one of the conditions of naturalisation is that you intend to live in Ireland after naturalisation, and I believe you need to register yearly for 7 years if you leave Ireland otherwise your citizenship could be revoked. Having said that revoking citizenship is extremely difficult and I dont think it has ever been done. I doubt anyone complies with that requirement anyway.
well, i think it is just another talk to up in the irish citizenship law. yes, you are right that to revoking citizenship is very difficult thing to do. by the eu law, all the eu citizen has freedom of movement and stay in any eu countries for how ever long they like providing that they dont have an health or security risk blah blah blah. i think they irish government should change that line and saying that 7 years are excluding within the eu.

HOTSPURS

Police Clearance certificate

Post by HOTSPURS » Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:02 am

Looks like a new up-todate Police clearance certificate requirment for LTR is delaying applications by a further 4-5 months minimum. Can imagine that this requirement applies to Naturalization also ?! This certificate should be obtained from all the Countries resided prior to arriving in Ireland ! Once we send in the PCC, approval takes about a month according to a few successful applicants.

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:59 am

Well we haven't yet heard that police clearance cert is asked from naturalisation candidate as well? Think it's only for LTR applicants?

jackab2
Newly Registered

Post by jackab2 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:03 pm

Well with the criminals coming in from the new eu states and with the media reporting on these crimes commited by them, it again looks like we, who are from outside the eu are carrying the can and are required to get police clearance cert, and jump through more hoops This is done to apease the public and take the heat off the lazy politicians. In every county it's the immigrants who are to blame for whatever ills befall the county. We have limited representaion and even with some representation, ie. the immigrant council, they are not very effective. :twisted:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so unfair.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:29 am

Yes, Police Clearance Certificate is only for LTR at the moment but we never know if/when they'll introduce this for Naturalization.

Guess-Any-Name

Post by Guess-Any-Name » Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:22 am

Funny thing - they are not mentioning the month any more (like which month's applications they are processing now)

Look at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Lo ... 0Residency and they are saying it's taking 18 months. In that respect they are processing applications from Dec 2006? I applied in Sep 2006 and did not hear from them at all...

Anyone on same boat as mine? :oops: :?: