ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous visitor visa refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kc90
Newly Registered
India

Bank statements: savings and current account

Post by kc90 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I made a "genius" decision at some point last year to keep transferring most of my income to my savings account, and only kept what was necessary for me to spend for that month in my current account (for budgeting reasons). My account is an instant saver account, which means I can simply transfer the money back to my current account immediately. At one point, I had like £50 in the current account.

Now that I am doing my wife's spouse visa application, this decision is coming to bite me (in an unpleasant area). My question is, will it be an issue that my funds are so low in my current account? (I decided to stop doing this mid-September)... I have not seen anything regarding a minimum required amount in a bank account in Appendix FM Sec 1.7 (Financial Requirement).

I am planning to submit both my current and savings account bank statements. Do I need to point this out in a cover letter? Or should I just leave it at that - i.e. submitting both my bank accounts' statements and nothing else?

Please note that I am relying on Category B in the Financial Requirement (mainly because I am earning over £30k, and I received a salary increment in Jan this year).

Thank you all for your replies :-)

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Bank statements: savings and current account

Post by ariamus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:50 pm

Subject to you meeting the £18,600 requirement I don’t believe there is any requirement to have certain amount of savings or balance. They deem £18,600 to be sufficient to live on.

However there’s no harm in including a statement of your savings and a note of this in your covering letter - the worst they could do is ignore this as it’s not relevant.

Shouldn’t you apply on category A if your salary was above the required minimum amount?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:51 pm

Your salary of £30k can easily fulfill the requirement so don't use savings option too to keep the case straight. If you meet the requirement through category B then there is no requirement of having any certain amount of funds in account.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

kc90
Newly Registered
India

Post by kc90 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Dear ariamus and seagul,

Thank you so much for both your replies. I think I should submit both (even if they ignore), since I am required to provide my bank statements (to prove that the payslips are correct), right? I don't want them to think I am bad at managing money since I've been working for 2 years :P

@ariamus, isn't it Category B since I have had the salary increment last month? Initially I had put Category A, and put a note in the Additional Information section. But the wording in Appendix FM Sec 1.7 (link below) seems to indicate that I should be in Category B... In particular 5.3.1 and 5.3.7 seem appropriate to me.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _Final.pdf

Please correct me if I am wrong!

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 pm

I think Seagul misunderstood your/my previous posts. My view is you only apply via Category A and rely on your salary only, as it is well beyond the required £18,600

As an aside to alleviate your concerns about lack of savings in your account to which you receive your salary, you would add a separate statement to show your savings account and refer to this in your covering letter.

If you read Example A under Category A, I think this mirrors your situation. Therefore they would use your salary amount before the increase. Now unless that salary was less then £18,600, I believe you should use Category A.

However, perhaps an expert can confirm as I am certainly not a professional or expert.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:06 pm

ariamus wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:54 pm
I think Seagul misunderstood your/my previous posts. My view is you only apply via Category A and rely on your salary only, as it is well beyond the required £18,600

As an aside to alleviate your concerns about lack of savings in your account to which you receive your salary, you would add a separate statement to show your savings account and refer to this in your covering letter.

If you read Example A under Category A, I think this mirrors your situation. Therefore they would use your salary amount before the increase. Now unless that salary was less then £18,600, I believe you should use Category A.

However, perhaps an expert can confirm as I am certainly not a professional or expert.
I am fully understand as what op is asking. Can't you see that op is earning £30k which alone is more than enough with less paper work involved which in result keep the case straight.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 pm

Their salary is ample, that is not the point in question.

kc90 is concerned about lack of savings in the salary payment account. This is not an issue as they earn well over the £18,600 and there is no requirement to have any amount of savings however to put their mind at ease, the suggestion is to include a savings statement and a note of this in the covering letter.

I doubt one extra paper statement is going to result in confusion.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:49 pm

ariamus wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:31 pm
Their salary is ample, that is not the point in question.

kc90 is concerned about lack of savings in the salary payment account. This is not an issue as they earn well over the £18,600 and there is no requirement to have any amount of savings however to put their mind at ease, the suggestion is to include a savings statement and a note of this in the covering letter.

I doubt one extra paper statement is going to result in confusion.
The reason of advice not to show saving is because it can confuse to caseworker who by mistake can consider only to savings in refusing the visa. A lot members are facing that. Therefore, keeping the case more straightforward is always wise but no harm in trying mentioning & combining the savings with excessively sufficient amount of earnings.

kc90
Newly Registered
India

Previous visitor visa refusal

Post by kc90 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

My wife and I are almost done with our visa application. I have a niggling question. She tried to visit me in the UK before we got married, but her visitor visa was refused due to the following reasons:

1) One of the 2 bank account statements she gave (of her mother) was just over 3 months old and ECO was not satisfied that it was an accurate reflection of her financial conditions - this was a genuine oversight and mistake on our part since at that time, we were waiting for my Tier 2 visa to come through and we had started preparing her documents well in advance of her visa submission date.

2) She gave her own bank statement as well. Although the amount in it was not much, she had not stated where she got those funds from - for this, she had just finished her studies, and so was unemployed at the time of the application. The funds were just from savings she had made from before (from allowances). Again, a simple explanation would have sufficed, but we did not do this :(

For this reason, the ECO quoted 4.2(a)(c) and said he was not satisfied she would leave UK after her visit. This brings us to now (after we've got married - I have ILR status). In her application form, it asks for her previous visa refusal. In the reason for refusal, we've said that Maintenance Requirement not satisfied (it does not give much space for explanation). Is this sufficient in itself? Or do we need to explain it in our cover letters as well? If yes, how much detail should we go to, and would we be required to submit the old bank statements, etc.? Any advice will be hugely appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Previous visitor visa refusal

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:25 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kc90
Newly Registered
India

URGENT: Supporting documents

Post by kc90 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:08 pm

Hi everyone,

I submitted my wife's visa application a couple of days ago. We have started requesting bills/supporting letters now as the appointment is in a couple of week's time. However, I came across a post that said that all documentation should be before date of online application, and not after. Is this correct?

In particular,

1) I ordered bank statements on the date of my application to cover 1 year. So I am guessing it'll either be dated on the date of application or following working date. Not sure yet as I haven't received them as yet.
2) I am going to order my council tax bills tomorrow (but I have the council tax bills of 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019 already - the bill is dated 12 March 2018 - is this okay?)
3) I am going to order my electricity bills tomorrow (I already have bills from 15 July 2018 to 10 Jan 2019 - I have a quarterly bill).
4) I will also be getting my job letter tomorrow.

Do the council tax and electricity bills need to be less than 28 days? Am I in trouble for the above? Please let me know, thank you.