ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settled Status and CSI

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

cassandra
Newly Registered

Settled Status and CSI

Post by cassandra » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:12 am

I have just got settled status in the UK. I am self sufficient and have for two years (since I found out I need it) comprehensive sickness insurance. In fact I am in this country since 2011. As I understand, I don't need te insurance anymore, or am I mistaken? Is there any reason that I should keep it? Many thanks for help and advice.

rooibos
Member of Standing

Re: Settled Status and CSI

Post by rooibos » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 am

Provided the HO and government don't move the goalpost halfway through the game, like they have always done, you don't need any additional insurance.

Bear in mind that, at the moment, your settled status is only linked to your passport and not your NINO yet (it should be after the 29 March). In other terms, the other branches of the public administration know nothing about your new status.