ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Saeedjansaeed
Pakistan

Ilr eligibility

Post by Saeedjansaeed » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi All
Timeline
Entry to uk 15/5/2009
Got Ent visa on apr 1st 2014.
Extended and got visa till 2020.
One dependent
A couple of questions
I presume i will be eligible for 5 years ilr on 1st march 2019 on 5 years base(correct me if wrong plz)
I will also be eligible for ilr on LR on 14/4/2019.

Keeping in mind the current HO situation, brexit, chnage of rules and everything going on
What would be your kind suggestion , what route shall i apply for ilr.
My business is still running with two employees etc.
I have got both the options of 5 and 10 years ilr , which one will be easy, convienient, and offcorse economical to apply through?
My dependent joined me last month and got pbs dependent visa till 7/2020 as me.
Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Many Thanks
Saeed

Casa

Re: Ilr eligibility

Post by Casa » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm

If you apply under 10 years long residence, your wife won't be able to continue on her PBS Dependent visa. She will have to switch to FLR(M) which will mean a further visa fee + the NHS surcharge fee. Her immigration clock will re-set to zero, putting her on a new 5 year path to settlement (2.5 x 2.5 years).

This won't be the case if you apply under the 5 year route.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

ogogzy

Re: Ilr eligibility

Post by ogogzy » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:07 am

Casa wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:09 pm
If you apply under 10 years long residence, your wife won't be able to continue on her PBS Dependent visa. She will have to switch to FLR(M) which will mean a further visa fee + the NHS surcharge fee. Her immigration clock will re-set to zero, putting her on a new 5 year path to settlement (2.5 x 2.5 years).

This won't be the case if you apply under the 5 year route.
What would be the case in terms of the fees for the dependents? I am in exactly the same situation as poster. Thanks