ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding travel without BRP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gb2019
Newly Registered
India

Regarding travel without BRP

Post by gb2019 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 am

Hi,

I have to travel by next week for an emergency to India.

I am residing in London in a dependent visa and went for biometric in November 2018 . Got the update as my Visa is approved, but the BRP is not ready and no ETA for it as of now.

Can i travel to India as per the plan next week with the passport (without BRP) and my family will collect it once BRP is ready and sent it across to India so that I can come back to UK ?.

I heard like BRP is required only when I come back to UK again.. and for travelling to my native country it is not required or mandatory. Can anyone help confirm?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
GB

pratatwork
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Re: Regarding travel without BRP

Post by pratatwork » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:21 am

Same situation. Any comment or support will be highly appreciated

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

gb2019 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:40 am
Hi,

I have to travel by next week for an emergency to India.

I am residing in London in a dependent visa and went for biometric in November 2018 . Got the update as my Visa is approved, but the BRP is not ready and no ETA for it as of now.

Can i travel to India as per the plan next week with the passport (without BRP) and my family will collect it once BRP is ready and sent it across to India so that I can come back to UK ?.

I heard like BRP is required only when I come back to UK again.. and for travelling to my native country it is not required or mandatory. Can anyone help confirm?

Thanks for the help.

Regards
GB
No you don't need your BRP to travel outside of the UK, why would your native country require a UK visa?

pratatwork
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pratatwork » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Need to know if the BRP can be posted to home country once collected in UK by an authorised individual.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:37 pm

BRP is delivered by DX Courier and not 'collected'.

You risk the item getting lost or delayed in the post and then difficult to return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pratatwork
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pratatwork » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanks you. However my BRP will go to my lawyer who will hand over to me as they are authorised to collect it.

gb2019
Newly Registered
India

Post by gb2019 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:32 pm

Thanks for the reply ,

pratatwork
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pratatwork » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:58 pm

So it means it’s possible that I can travel back and once my BRP is received it can be mailed to me by my authorised collector..

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:24 am

Ok here is the worst case scenario - you travel and BRP catches up with you. Eagle eyed BF officials spot issue date on BRP is after you left UK. Oh dear you left the country without valid BRP so “abandoned” your visa application and your T2 visa has run out... hmmm back on the plane and wait for twelve months cooling off period... be wary