ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:31 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:25 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:19 pm
Vesh123 wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:18 pm
AnotherUUID wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Your BRP is not an official evidence of either. You can have a BRP without being free from immigration time restrictions (e.g. if you're on a Tier 4 visa).

1) For evidence of freedom of immigration restrictions you should use your ILR - this could be the endorsement on your current passport, confirming your status. Your BRP can be used as a supplement to this, but not just the BRP by itself. If you can only upload one document for this, then this should be your ILR.
2) For evidence of identity you should use your current passport.
Thanks for your reply. It’s on My BRP which says I have ILR and I can only provide this document as prove of freedom from immigration. I don’t have anything to provide anything other than this. Hope that would be okay?

Thanks vesh
There isn't anything else. You ONLY need your BRP stating ILR.
Thanks for your reply . I will provide BRP for immigration freedom.

Another question for lawful residence can I provide the all previous passport with enter/leaving endorse stamps ?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Vesh
YES!!

Not sure why you persistantly asking questions in this topic which is for general question DURING the naturlisation process.

There is a separate topic for completing the form or alternatively, do as most members do and start their own topic with all their circumstances and questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nadworks
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by nadworks » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:17 pm

Jane_Doe wrote:
Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:26 pm
I'm a Polish citizen, so I'd say chances of the German government getting involved in my case are pretty slim!
Oooops, so sorry. Not sure why I made the assumption. Apologies.
Yes, all EU countries handle this differently.

cardsman
Newly Registered

Post by cardsman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi
I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation next month after completing 12 months on ILR. Have seen different comments (varying application outcomes) posted on this forum with regards to speeding charge hence asking the question again !!!

I got an SP30 charge as per details below:
Penalty points: 3
Offence date: 8 Dec 2017
Expiry date: 8 Dec 2020
Removal date: 8 Dec 2021
Offence details: SP30: Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road

I received conditional offer for fixed penalty which I accepted and paid £100 fine, was not called to the court. This was mentioned in my ILR application filed in March 2018 which was approved, all I want to ask is will it potentially become a ground for refusal of my naturalisation application as a British citizen?

TheMasterpiece
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by TheMasterpiece » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:27 pm

cardsman wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:20 pm
Hi
I will be eligible to apply for naturalisation next month after completing 12 months on ILR. Have seen different comments (varying application outcomes) posted on this forum with regards to speeding charge hence asking the question again !!!

I received conditional offer for fixed penalty which I accepted and paid £100 fine, was not called to the court. This was mentioned in my ILR application filed in March 2018 which was approved, all I want to ask is will it potentially become a ground for refusal of my naturalisation application as a British citizen?
I wouldn’t be surprised if they used this as a reason for your refusal. This is because although they may have overlooked it for your ILR application, the department that deals with naturalisation applications is completely separate and detached from the ILR applications. So it will be up to their discretion really. I know this because my twin brother got his ILR even though he had a small criminal record (let’s just say he mixed with the wrong crowd) but then when it came to applying for citizenship - he got refused on the basis of good character and they cited his criminal record. So it’s up to them. Fingers crossed for you.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm

TheMasterpiece wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:27 pm
cardsman wrote:
Hi

I wouldn’t be surprised if they used this as a reason for your refusal. This is because although they may have overlooked it for your ILR application, the department that deals with naturalisation applications is completely separate and detached from the ILR applications. So it will be up to their discretion really. I know this because my twin brother got his ILR even though he had a small criminal record (let’s just say he mixed with the wrong crowd) but then when it came to applying for citizenship - he got refused on the basis of good character and they cited his criminal record. So it’s up to them. Fingers crossed for you.
OP has not been refused - not applied yet. Recommend refer to the caseworker guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
See page 19: Quote:
"Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty
notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has
unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal
proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in
line with the sentence imposed by the court. "
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

TheMasterpiece
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Post by TheMasterpiece » Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:27 pm
TheMasterpiece wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:27 pm
cardsman wrote:
Hi

OP has not been refused - not applied yet. Recommend refer to the caseworker guidance:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... idance.pdf
See page 19: Quote:
"Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record. A fixed penalty
notice will not normally result in refusal unless the person has failed to pay or has
unsuccessfully challenged the notice and there were subsequent criminal
proceedings resulting in a conviction. In such instances, they should be treated in
line with the sentence imposed by the court. "
My answer was based on the eventuality of OP applying, I didn't imply that he'd already applied. However, I stand corrected.

Hrk
Newly Registered

Post by Hrk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am

Hi folks,

Maybe a daft question, apologies!

On the online form, where you download the referee forms, in that form do I need to stick my passport sized photo, or each of the referees passport sized photos?

Can someone let me know how this should be done please?

Thank you

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 am

Hrk wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:15 am
Hi folks,

On the online form, where you download the referee forms, in that form do I need to stick my passport sized photo, or each of the referees passport sized photos?

Thank you
It's your picture. Part of what the referee is doing is to confirm that you are the person in the picture.

Hrk
Newly Registered

Post by Hrk » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 am

Nerazzuri wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:22 am
Hrk wrote:
Hi folks,

Thank you
It's your picture. Part of what the referee is doing is to confirm that you are the person in the picture.
Thank you for your reply, this was also my impression, until I saw the writing in this form:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf

"Passport photo
On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth.The photograph should then be glued into the space aside"

I am not sure why the form refers to "their"! This confuses me.

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:25 am

Hrk wrote:
Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:09 am
Nerazzuri wrote:
Hrk wrote:
Hi folks,

Thank you
Thank you for your reply, this was also my impression, until I saw the writing in this form:

"Passport photo
On the back of the applicant’s photograph, please write their full name and date of birth.The photograph should then be glued into the space aside"

You’re looking at wrong guidance document, the link you posted is for Minor applications and not relevant for adult applications.

Here’s the correct link : https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... _2018_.pdf

Check Section 5 on page 11.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:40 am

Hrk wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Hrk wrote:
Hi folks,

Thank you

"Passport photo

THEIR is referring the APPLICANT, which is the first key word in the sentence!!! It doesn't say 'referee photo and write their...'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:33 pm

Hrk wrote:
Nerazzuri wrote:
Hrk wrote:
Hi folks,

Thank you

"Passport photo

I can see the confusion. They mean write your full name and date of birth behind your photographs before sticking them on the forms. It’s a bit silly now with the form being scanned and sent electronically (you no longer send the physical forms to Home Office if you use the new service). They should update that form.

chattokhan

Post by chattokhan » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:20 am

Its been two weeks since I attended citizenship ceremony (JCAP application) and still waiting for passport. When I call HMPO they say that 'we are aware about your ceremony that you attended in Jan but your application is under examination'. I've seen so many people mentioning that passport is sent for printing as soon as HO notify HMPO. In my case HO seems to have notified HMPO around a week ago but application is still being examined. Any idea what might be the cause of this delay. :|

Mon08
Newly Registered

Post by Mon08 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am

Hello guys. I'm a non eea family member of eu national and I have a permanent residence card. If.my husband applies for British passport now. Will tha affect me.. Please help.. thank you..

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:01 am

Mon08 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:59 am
Hello guys. I'm a non eea family member of eu national and I have a permanent residence card. If.my husband applies for British passport now. Will tha affect me.. Please help.. thank you..
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Vesh123
Mood:

Post by Vesh123 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 pm

Hi, I've a question if someone help me with this.

I've applied for naturalisation last month. So, Shall I apply for the passport same time or was it included with the naturalisation application.

Hope someone will guide me with the procedure.

Thanks
Vesh

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:52 pm

Vesh123 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:39 pm
Hi, I've a question if someone help me with this.

I've applied for naturalisation last month. So, Shall I apply for the passport same time or was it included with the naturalisation application.

Hope someone will guide me with the procedure.

Thanks
Vesh
Passport application is completely separate to your form AN citizenship application with a completely different department.

You cannot apply for a passport until you have attended your ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

klamer4o7
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by klamer4o7 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi all,

Thought I'd share an update on my application which doesn't really fit into the 'Timelines' topic.

I'm an EU citizen, who applied for BC on 29 November and attended UKVCAS on 9 December. As I was getting panicky while reading about January applicants who had already gotten approval letters, i emailed the nationality support team asking whether they need anything extra from me and whether a decision has been made. About 4 hours after sending my query, I got the following:
"Thank you for your email. All applications are dealt with in application receipt date order.
As your application was received on 29th November 18, it will take a while longer for your application to be considered. Once your applications is decided, you will be contacted by your caseworker."
How do people read the third sentence? The application has not been opened at all yet (unlikely) or simply a decision has not been made as enquiries are ongoing? I fully understand only the HO know the answer, but curious to know what other people think and if anyone else has had similar correspondence with the Nationality Support team. Also curious if anyone was ever contacted by their caseworker before receiving the approval letter in the post?

NB. My application is relatively straightforward - no criminal record or CCJ, one parking fine which I disclosed; the only thing which may be causing the delay is the fact that i've been absent for about 457 days (but not over the past 24 months), as I had an international posting while at university. However, as per HO's guidance, it shouldn't be a problem so long as the absence is under 480 days.

angel valdes
Newly Registered

Post by angel valdes » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:48 am

what happens if you make a mistake on the online form and its already been paid and sent,

the mistake is on the question about making any previous immigration application abroad or in uk,i clicked No but I think it should have been YES.as before arriving in uk we did make the application to come here so I didn't think this is what the question meant.What do I do now?

globalindian
Member of Standing

Post by globalindian » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 pm

I am bit confused in terms of downloading the 1st and 2nd Referee form from the online application. Can anybody please suggest at which step of the online application process can I download the referee form?

I reached till the declaration section but unable to see any link for downloading the referee.

Please advise.

thanks

mtsgill
Mood:

Post by mtsgill » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:00 am

globalindian wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:42 pm
I am bit confused in terms of downloading the 1st and 2nd Referee form from the online application. Can anybody please suggest at which step of the online application process can I download the referee form?

I reached till the declaration section but unable to see any link for downloading the referee.

Please advise.

thanks
Once you complete the payment online, you will have the option to download referee forms. You can log back anytime to download referee forms, document checklist and completed application form - all in convenient PDF format.

qwertytrewq
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Post by qwertytrewq » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 am

Hello,
Can anyone please help with online naturalization application?
I have submitted online application, paid and attended a biometrics appointment with Sopra Steria.
Do I still have to send the original documents to UKVI? It was never mentioned during the application process, but I can see people on this forum still send the document to UKVI. Very confused.
Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am

qwertytrewq wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 am
Hello,
I have submitted online application, paid and attended a biometrics appointment with Sopra Steria.
Do I still have to send the original documents to UKVI? It was never mentioned during the application process, but I can see people on this forum still send the document to UKVI. Very confused.
Thank you!
I believe those who fill in the online application and do not use UKVCAS have to send in the originals.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

qwertytrewq
Newly Registered
Bahamas

Post by qwertytrewq » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:31 am
qwertytrewq wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:42 am
Hello,
Thank you!
I believe those who fill in the online application and do not use UKVCAS have to send in the originals.
Thank you, alterhase58. You are probably right. I now remember there was an option during the online application to use the "old school" submission by post. That makes sense now.

Nerazzuri

Post by Nerazzuri » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm

By using the UKVCAS, you don't need to send anything else in. If in the off-chance UKVI need something that's not in the application, they'll contact you and ask you to scan it and email it.