ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR-Exceeding 30 days Annual Leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ssarwar2012
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Tier 2 General to ILR-Exceeding 30 days Annual Leave

Post by ssarwar2012 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:27 am

Dear All,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa since 17th July, 2014. I was out of UK for 55 Days (37 Weekdays, 16 Weekends, 2 Bank Holidays). I will be eligible for ILR in july, 2019.

1) As I was out of country for 37 Weekdays (Exceeding 30 Days), Does that break the continuous leave? Please note, I worked from home for 3 weeks i.e. 15 Weekdays during that time.

2) I am on a Work from home contract with my employer. My employer is ready to write in the letter of Absence that I was out of country for 37 weekdays but i was on Annual Leave for 22 Days and work from Home (outside UK) for 15 Days. would that be sufficient?

3) I was on Paid leave throughout the 5 Year. So should I request HR to Highlight this in the letter?

Appreciate your response on this one. Would be great to hear from someone who has experienced the same? Thanks...

srsw

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR-Exceeding 30 days Annual Leave

Post by srsw » Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:25 am

There is no rule about 30 days. You should not stay out of UK for more than 180 days in a year.

I don't see any problems in your case if it's just under 40 days or so.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR-Exceeding 30 days Annual Leave

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 am

ssarwar2012 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:27 am
Dear All,

I am on Tier 2 General Visa since 17th July, 2014. I was out of UK for 55 Days (37 Weekdays, 16 Weekends, 2 Bank Holidays). I will be eligible for ILR in july, 2019.

1) As I was out of country for 37 Weekdays (Exceeding 30 Days), Does that break the continuous leave? Please note, I worked from home for 3 weeks i.e. 15 Weekdays during that time.
No rules about 30 days

2) I am on a Work from home contract with my employer. My employer is ready to write in the letter of Absence that I was out of country for 37 weekdays but i was on Annual Leave for 22 Days and work from Home (outside UK) for 15 Days. would that be sufficient?
Maybe not "work from home outside UK for 15 days" but "business trip outside the UK for 15 days"?

3) I was on Paid leave throughout the 5 Year. So should I request HR to Highlight this in the letter?
if you receive paid leave when you are outside of the UK, then probably yes

Appreciate your response on this one. Would be great to hear from someone who has experienced the same? Thanks...