ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employment: Vacation

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sompal
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Change of Employment: Vacation

Post by Sompal » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have tried to look for relevant topics, but although there are few posts around this vacation but none actually matching my situation. Thus posting a new question. Apologies if I have missed any relevant topic.

I have resigned from my current firm and the notice period in my current firm is 3 months. The new firm has mentioned 15-April-2019 as join date in their CoS and in the new visa application.
Now I was thinking to take a early release by the end of March and then take a vacation of 1 month before joining the new firm in the 1st week of May (i.e. after the start date mentioned in CoS and application).
However, I am not sure if
1. I am allowed to join after the mentioned start date (17 April) in the CoS?
2. I am allowed to an employment break?
3. Should I inform the new firm about this plan? I am asking this as they are aware about my notice period and know that I may need to serve 3 months i.e. till 8th May.
4. Can be issues when entering UK?
5. Impact my ILR in future?

Additional information:
1. My new visa has been approved today (waiting for the BRP)
2. I have resigned from my current firm today and negotiating on my early release.

Thanks

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: Tier 2 Change of Employment: Vacation

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 pm

Sompal wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:49 pm
Dear Gurus,

I have tried to look for relevant topics, but although there are few posts around this vacation but none actually matching my situation. Thus posting a new question. Apologies if I have missed any relevant topic.

I have resigned from my current firm and the notice period in my current firm is 3 months. The new firm has mentioned 15-April-2019 as join date in their CoS and in the new visa application.
Now I was thinking to take a early release by the end of March and then take a vacation of 1 month before joining the new firm in the 1st week of May (i.e. after the start date mentioned in CoS and application).
You can ask your employer to amend the start date on their system to 1st May.

I think you can as I can see your visa has been approved

3. Should I inform the new firm about this plan? I am asking this as they are aware about my notice period and know that I may need to serve 3 months i.e. till 8th May.
You should inform your new firm because if your new visa is approved then they will be your new sponsor. You MUST stop for your current employment from 17th April (unless you ask your new employer to change your start date)

No

I don't think so but not sure

Additional information:
2. I have resigned from my current firm today and negotiating on my early release.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm

UKLL wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 pm
Sompal wrote:
Dear Gurus,

You should inform your new firm because if your new visa is approved then they will be your new sponsor. You MUST stop for your current employment from 17th April (unless you ask your new employer to change your start date)

No

Additional information:

Thanks
@ user 'UKLL' - It would be helpful if you made your response more evident, as they are difficult to pick up immediately when you simply quote a text and don't bold or colour your responses. Thanks :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:24 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:21 pm
UKLL wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:04 pm
Sompal wrote:
Dear Gurus,

No

Additional information:

Thanks
@ user 'UKLL' - It would be helpful if you made your response more evident, as they are difficult to pick up immediately when you simply quote a text and don't bold or colour your responses. Thanks :)
oh OK