ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

referees, 10 year employment information and new service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alvarosans
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

enquiry on British Naturalisation

Post by alvarosans » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi! I am filling in the online AN form and would be grateful if you could help on the following quesitions.
1.Five-year address in the UK
There is no move-in date option to fill in for current address however both move-in and move-out date are available for previous address. How to show the move in date of my current address?

2. UK absence in the last five years
There was a two-week UK absence where I entered my home country with self-service e-channel where no stamp on passport to show third country entry and exit date. The local authority only issued an ATM sized paper slip ( a separate slip paper not attached to passport) showing the entry date, passport number and port of destination in English and my name in local language. Not sure if this is accepted as evidence? Do I also need to provide flight booking to prove the above date? For UK entry, there is a stamp on passport. but there is no check or stamp for UK exit that they only rely on third country entry stamp to prove the UK exit date. Any suggestion for that?

3. 2 referees
Can I use my ex colleagues without direct reporting relationship as 2 referees? they are UK citizens residing in the UK.

4. 10-year employment history in UK
I had two years contract experience via my limited company with SA302 for self assessment before I joined permanent employement as PAYE. And as I have been on permenant full time employment that I have notified HMRC that I am no longer on self assessment list and closed the limited company. In this case, do I still need to provide SA302 for the above 2 years period? Or just P60 for all UK employement tax and NI contribution?

5. Appointment for Core Service Centre free of charge
In the new online system, after I submit my application and paid the fee, do I only have 5 working days immediately after submision to choose where to do biometric and scan documents? What is there is no free slots at the closest Core Service Centre in five days immiediately after submission, can I extend it for later day or I can only do it in the five-day window at a cost and chargeable service point?

6. Document checking service and joint application with passport
In the old system, I am aware there was document checking service at the council and also joint passport application with citizenship. In the new on line system, are the above still available?

Many thanks! you do not need to answer all the above but just feel free to share your points on any of the above you know. Thanks again for your help!

vaza
Cayman Islands

Re: enquiry on British Naturalisation

Post by vaza » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 pm

1. You move out of one address and move into another address --- same day, right?

2. I don't think you need to provide evidence of absences, but rather declare them. If you don't have stamps in the passport, you need alternative documentation to proof living in the UK in the past 5 years, e.g., P60s and other government correspondence. It might help to provide the paper slip you mentioned as evidence for living in the UK, but this seems non-standard. If it were me, I would enclose it, but not bother translating or certifying further. Others may want to weigh on this.

3. Check carefully the referee requirements. One has to be member of a professional organisation or something like that, not both. Director of a VAT-registered company is also acceptable,

4. Again you declare the 10 year employments, only prove if they ask for it after you complete the form. The P60 are useful to prove living in the UK as above for past 5 years. Again there is a checklist with documents after you complete the online form. Even if you had your online company you were also employed so you had P60s and maybe P45.

Sorry, don't know about the rest --- will be interested to hear about them too.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

5. why do you think you only have 5 days to book the appointment? I booked mine 13 days after without a problem.

6. There is a document checking service which costs 30 pounds. I am not really sure if this really adds anything though.

alvarosans
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

Post by alvarosans » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:42 pm

vaza wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:19 pm
1. You move out of one address and move into another address --- same day, right?

2. I don't think you need to provide evidence of absences, but rather declare them. If you don't have stamps in the passport, you need alternative documentation to proof living in the UK in the past 5 years, e.g., P60s and other government correspondence. It might help to provide the paper slip you mentioned as evidence for living in the UK, but this seems non-standard. If it were me, I would enclose it, but not bother translating or certifying further. Others may want to weigh on this.

3. Check carefully the referee requirements. One has to be member of a professional organisation or something like that, not both. Director of a VAT-registered company is also acceptable,

4. Again you declare the 10 year employments, only prove if they ask for it after you complete the form. The P60 are useful to prove living in the UK as above for past 5 years. Again there is a checklist with documents after you complete the online form. Even if you had your online company you were also employed so you had P60s and maybe P45.

Sorry, don't know about the rest --- will be interested to hear about them too.
Thanks for reply. In terms of referee, one of them is a solicitor (non-immigration), so that should work. The other one is just a working level colleague. Will that be OK?

In terms of UK absence, there is a requirement of document for hat section. Apart from declaration, I still need to provide supporting evidence for what I claim. Usually those stamps on passport will work. The point is when there is no stamp to prove exit date.

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Your references sound absolutely ok.

It is my understanding that your passport will serve as evidence of being in the UK. If you have the slip you are talking about just scan it in with a short note.

If the home office wants more information then they seem to contact you. There also is a post in the timeline thread where someone forgot to include these dates (EU citizen) and they just asked them for it and still got everything turned around in 4 weeks.

alvarosans
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

referees, 10 year employment information and new service

Post by alvarosans » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Dear All,

I am currently filling in the AN on line applicaiton form and have the following quesitons. Grateful if you could give me some ideas.

1. Referencee - professional referee. Is it ok for the professional referee to be a non-UK citizen? The first referee is UK based and with professional standing but is not a UK citizen. The second one is a UK citizen.

2. 10 year employment history. I have some years with self assessment and now full time employment. For those years on self assessment, shall I just provide SA302 only or still need to privde P60 for self assessment years? the most recent year, as P60 is not due yet, shall I just provide payslip to prove I have pai NI and tax?

3. For the new system, as I am just filling in the form and not to the submission stage, just want to know where to give the reference form signed by referee? And what about the Life in the UK test certificate? Are the above original copies submitted to the service support centre? Or they just scan the original copy?

4. For my current employment letter, does it need to confirm the dates of my annual leave taken for UK absence? Seems the employer has a standard format of employment letter and does not have such option to choose. Or the passport stamps will be ok?

Kind regards!