ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for ILR for Dependant after 5 years in TIER 1 Category.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Qasim ahmed
Newly Registered

Apply for ILR for Dependant after 5 years in TIER 1 Category.

Post by Qasim ahmed » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:35 pm

Hello There,

I am on an Entrepreneur visa and recently got my extension. Previously I was on Post Study work visa TIER 1 since April 2012. I am intending to apply for my ILR on 10 years route in Sep next year. My wife and son came to the UK in Nov 2012 and at present, they are in the same category as my dependants.
I have gone through an eligibility requirement of Dependants for ILR. It says that you need to be in one VISA category for contentious 5 years to qualify for ILR. Since my wife and son will be in the same category (TIER 1) for 5 years as dependant in May 2019, will they be able to apply for ILR once they complete 5 years in one category?

Your kind and helpful advice will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Qasim Ahmed

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for ILR for Dependant after 5 years in TIER 1 Category.

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:45 pm

No, not if you apply for ILR based on 10 years long residence as you were already advised in your other topic.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/applying-for ... l#p1692483
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.