ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Document Checklist ILM Tier 2 Settlement

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thomasyan
Newly Registered

Document Checklist ILM Tier 2 Settlement

Post by thomasyan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:06 pm

Hi Guys

I have some concerns as I am currently trying to apply my ILR, 2 items on checklist of documents to be provided:
  • Evidence of Immigration Status in UK (A similar topic have been asked by others... Is this some approval letters from my previous Tier 2 Visas???)
  • For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. (I came to UK first as a student, would my old Tier 4 VIsa on my passport page be sufficient for this requirement???)
Much appreciated if anyone could support here.

Thank you :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Document Checklist ILM Tier 2 Settlement

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:41 pm

Evidence of Immigration Status in UK (A similar topic have been asked by others... Is this some approval letters from my previous Tier 2 Visas???)
BRP card.
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. (I came to UK first as a student, would my old Tier 4 VIsa on my passport page be sufficient for this requirement???)
Nothing to submit if you are applying based on Tier 2 and 5 years residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thomasyan
Newly Registered

Post by thomasyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for your reply, however there is a separate item on this checklist specifically asked for the BRP card, hence the reason why I ask this question.

They have already asked for my BRP card, what else can I provide as the "Immigration Status"??? This is the confusing bit...

Thanks

thomasyan
Newly Registered

Post by thomasyan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:41 pm
Evidence of Immigration Status in UK (A similar topic have been asked by others... Is this some approval letters from my previous Tier 2 Visas???)
BRP card.
For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 2 migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules. (I came to UK first as a student, would my old Tier 4 VIsa on my passport page be sufficient for this requirement???)
Nothing to submit if you are applying based on Tier 2 and 5 years residence.
Thanks for your reply, however there is a separate item on this checklist specifically asked for the BRP card, hence the reason why I ask this question.

They have already asked for my BRP card, what else can I provide as the "Immigration Status"??? This is the confusing bit...

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm

You only need your brp card.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

thomasyan
Newly Registered

Post by thomasyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Hi Guys

Anyone else have some thoughts on this?

There is already an item on the checklist specifically ask for my current BRP card.

If BRP card can cover the other 2 required items then why these 2 items are on the checklist???

I am really confused... and hoping if I only provide my BRP card would not affect my application...

Any advice will be much appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:59 pm

You are overthinking. Some people have a 5 year visa in their passport and not a BRP.
Char (CR001 not Casa)