ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Obtaining EU free movement for my partner

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ciaran88
Newly Registered

Obtaining EU free movement for my partner

Post by Ciaran88 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:25 pm

I am an Irish national living in Australia with my partner who is Zimbabwean. We are not married but in Australia we are "de facto" which is considered mostly equivalent to marriage in legal terms.

I am looking to get my parter a "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen" card so that she can visit Ireland, and also Sweden (where I will be living for a year) and other EU countries where I have family. I understand that these cards give her the same EEA freedom of movement we citizens have, but that it only applies when she is traveling with me, which is fine.

But I cannot for the life of me find where I actually can apply for this and whether or not Ireland will consider her a family member under our current circumstances or if we must be "married". Any ideas?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Obtaining EU free movement for my partner

Post by littlerr » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:35 pm