ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa-Online application help please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JonnoGB
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse visa-Online application help please

Post by JonnoGB » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:26 am

Well done BB; really! To you and your missus, this is fantastic news!
I am so happy for you. It might take a bit of time to sink in and 'exhale' but you did it. Nice one, you did it. !

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:25 am

Thanks JonnoGB.All the best for you aswell!

bigben1982

Re: Spouse visa-Days allowed outside UK

Post by bigben1982 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:41 am

Dear Forum experts,

Hope you are all keeping well.

Thanks again for all your support throughout this spouse visa application. I couldn't do it at all without your assistance.

I am in the process of booking flight ticket for my wife. Possibly a return ticket this time.

I would like to ask you,

1. How long she can stay outside UK in the next 5 years leading to her ILR in 5 years time?

2.Say if she spends like 6 months at a time abroad(during pregnancy),will it have an impact on extension of her spouse visa, ILR and British citizenship?

Please kindly advice me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa-Days allowed outside UK

Post by CR001 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:46 am

1. How long she can stay outside UK in the next 5 years leading to her ILR in 5 years time?
There is no absence limit but any absence should be for good reason.
2.Say if she spends like 6 months at a time abroad(during pregnancy),will it have an impact on extension of her spouse visa, ILR and British citizenship?
No, not usually. Please also note that the requirements for ILR and Citizenship are different as they are governed by different rules and laws.

For the extension, you are required to provide evidence of cohabitation in the UK and subsisting marriage. And again for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bigben1982

Post by bigben1982 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks CR001.