ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU stamp4 rights for work

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandyd321
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU stamp4 rights for work

Post by sandyd321 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:43 pm

I understand that with the stamp4, I can live and work in Ireland without a problem. I work with an Irish company that occasionally will go into other EU counties to help out the teams we have in the EU countries, but would I be able to go into said EU countries and work without a permit?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: EU stamp4 rights for work

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:05 pm

If you go to another country for a few days/weeks only and still receives money from your company in Ireland, you don’t need a work permit (like a business visa); if you receive salary from your company’s branch in the other country, you will need an intra-transfer work visa/permit; if you work for a different company, you will need a full work permit. Stamp 4 does not give you any right to work in a different country.

sandyd321
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by sandyd321 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Thank you, but will I need any visa for the actual travel though?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:51 pm

If you are a visa-exempt national for short-term visit for that EU country, you don't need anything.

If you are a visa-required national, you will need to apply for a short-term business visit visa (and most likely also a multi re-entry visa).

Most of the EU countries are in the Schengen area, and an important requirement of Schengen visa is that it requires you to have a multi re-entry visa that's valid for at least 3 months after your intended return date. Some countries have specifically mentioned that there is no exception to this rule (e.g. Denmark) while others are a bit more relaxed (e.g. Netherlands).

EEA countries that are not in the Schengen area (mainly UK) have their own visa requirement. For example UK does not have the requirement that your re-entry visa has to be valid for 3 months after your return date.