ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 / PBS Dependent to FLR M

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

frmglasgow

FLR M - English Test Confusion

Post by frmglasgow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:14 pm

Hi There,

Recently my SET LR application granted and now I'm preparing to switch my wife's Tier 2 Dependent to FLR M. She is resident with me in UK from 3 years.

As its going to be First application of FLR M, I believe English test A1 will be required, but as she is living with me in UK from 3 years on Tier 2 Dependent, will it be A2 she has to give in that case?

I called home office helpline and they are confused, some advisors said A1, some A2.

Did someone switched spouse's Tier 2 to FLR where wife was already resident in UK? please assist me which test she has to give?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: FLR M - English Test Confusion

Post by ariamus » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 pm

I’m not sure which English test you need for your type of visa although if you’re in any doubt, go for A2 as it is higher than A1. A2 is a very similar test.

So long as you complete the English requirements at the required level or higher level, it will be accepted.

Do ensure the test is taken at an approved centre, the list is found on the Gov.uk site - don’t rely on any other third party site.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:11 am

ariamus wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:57 pm
I’m not sure which English test you need for your type of visa although if you’re in any doubt, go for A2 as it is higher than A1. A2 is a very similar test.

So long as you complete the English requirements at the required level or higher level, it will be accepted.

Do ensure the test is taken at an approved centre, the list is found on the Gov.uk site - don’t rely on any other third party site.
ariamus,

Thanks for your reply. Generally spouse visa = A1, extension = A2 and ILR = B1. Certainly there isn't any harm giving A2 but does that mean for the extension, she will be required a level up i.e. B1? or same level will be acceptable?

Did you apply FLR for your partner after your SET LR?

ariamus
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by ariamus » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 am

does that mean for the extension, she will be required a level up

No. She will be due to take whichever test is due for that stage ie it’s currently A2 for FLR(M).

We have not yet applied for the first FLR(M) but my wife has now done the A2 test for it. We hope to apply next month.

Apparently if my wife had done the B1 for FLR(M), she could have used this same certificate for ILR after the total 5 years, even though it would be expired after 2 years. Subject to that test still being an acceptable standard for ILR at the time of applying.

frmglasgow

Contract Type

Post by frmglasgow » Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:27 pm

Hi There,

Q1- I am employed on "open ended contract with funding end date" should I write it permanent or temporary? in the FLR M application?

Q2 - I have been earning present salary well above the financial requirement from 7 months after an annual increment, salary jumped £2000/annum

so under what do they earn? what would be the option?

The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount OR

Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount

Thanks!

shargaur

Re: Contract Type

Post by shargaur » Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:56 pm

All goes down to how you pay tax. if the tax is deducted by the employer, its permanent and if you do as part of self employment, its temporary.

frmglasgow

Confusion in Family Consent

Post by frmglasgow » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi There,

I am changing my wife's Tier 2 Dependent into FLR M and there is a family consent form with 3 parts below but I am unsure if Part 3 has to be signed or not.

Clearly,
Part 1 = Applicant to sign
Part 2 = Joint account holder (spouse/me) to sign
But since I am sponsoring my wife for the FLR M visa, Do I need to sign Part 3 being a sponsor or not? or its for those tho are sponsored by someone else apart from spouse?

Cheers!

Consent Form Declarations:
PART 1: Consent for the Home Office to verify application information
PART 2: Consent for the Home Office to verify third party information
PART 3: Consent for the Home Office to verify information from third party sponsor

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Confusion in Family Consent

Post by physicskate » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 am

I am fully aware this is not what you've asked and I don't think I have the answer to the question you've asked, but is there a reason to switch to FLR(M)?? You are aware this will re-set her ILR clock to 5 years? The only reason to do this is if you were granted ILR under long residency rules...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am

physicskate wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:24 am
I am fully aware this is not what you've asked and I don't think I have the answer to the question you've asked, but is there a reason to switch to FLR(M)?? You are aware this will re-set her ILR clock to 5 years? The only reason to do this is if you were granted ILR under long residency rules...
The user did apply for ILR based on long residence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:52 am

physicskate wrote:
Hi there,

I got ILR based on Long Residence, so have to apply FLR M for my wife.

Cheers!

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:53 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:49 am
physicskate wrote:
The user did apply for ILR based on long residence.
Hey CR001,

Do you have some sort of answer for my query? I am not sure if I have to sign Part 3 of the consent form.

Thanks!

CandyLee
Mood:
Taiwan

Post by CandyLee » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm

In my case, I just renewed my spouse visa FLR(M) and I didn't need my husband to financially support me as we are both self-employed. I was also confused about this so we BOTH signed part 3 and I made a note with a post-it saying that "I was not sure about this, so please use it if needed and ignore if not". I'm not sure if they did need all 3 of them, but none of them came back with the documents. You can do what I did, better safe than sorry. :)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:37 pm

CandyLee wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm
so we BOTH signed part 3 and I made a note with a post-it saying that "I was not sure about this, so please use it if needed and ignore if not".
Excellent idea
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

frmglasgow

Tier 2 / PBS Dependent to FLR M

Post by frmglasgow » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:03 am

Hi There,

I recently got settlement based on long residence and my wife is currently living on Tier 2 / PBS Dependent visa from last 3 years and 2 months in UK.

From what I explored, I simply have to apply for "Family visa" formerly known as FLR M i.e. First application as a partner from within the UK (for example, you are currently in the UK on another type of visa or permission to stay)

Can she apply within UK? after spending over 3 years already with me in UK as PBS Dep or there is something I am missing?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 / PBS Dependent to FLR M

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:07 am

Yes, she can switch within the UK. This has been covered hundreds of times. See link below.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 43881.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:17 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Hi There,

I have received an automatic annual increment in the annual salary of >£2000 from August 2018, previous salary before increment was received between August-July 2018, was also well above the financial requirement.

Over the form:
Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

There are 4 options over the form to pick from:

What do they earn?

1. The same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
2. The same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount
3. Not the same amount continuously, above the financial requirement amount
4. Not the same amount continuously, below the financial requirement amount

I selected for option 3. and after that it ask me to submit 12 payslips + bank statements.

Does anyone have same issue?
Does "What do they earn" refers to last 6 months?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:26 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:07 pm
Hi There,

I have received an automatic annual increment in the annual salary of >£2000 from August 2018, previous salary before increment was received between August-July 2018, was also well above the financial requirement.

Over the form:
Have they been employed by the same employer for the last 6 months prior to the date of application?
Yes

What do they earn?

I selected for option 3. and after that it ask me to submit 12 payslips + bank statements.

I think select number 1 then give explanation in covering letter & additional info section of the form.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

frmglasgow

Re: Tier 2 - PBS Dependent to FLR M - Employment of Spouse

Post by frmglasgow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi There,

I meet the financial requirements myself. Over the visa form I only entered my employment details.

However my spouse also works and earns >50K, I am thinking to submit her employment papers and our cash saving joint account anyway with cover letter states these documents are only provided for reference to show my wife also works.

Hope that is fine and there are no drawbacks?

frmglasgow

Post by frmglasgow » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:27 pm

frmglasgow wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:07 pm
Hi There,

Over the form:
Yes

What do they earn?

Can anyone answer if the 4 options refers to the payslips from last 6 months or from the time of employment?