ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ndb2019
Newly Registered

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by ndb2019 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am

Hello,
Apointment on 30/01/19
Email received on 30/01/19
Letter received from home office on 01/02/19
Biometric AWAITING..

It's been nearly 9 working days. On letter it does say 10. I am getting worried. Is there anyway to check when and how early can I receive my BRP. I have a new job offer and can't prove my eligibility to work as they don't accept the letter.

ndb2019
Newly Registered

Post by ndb2019 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 am

epitutor wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 pm
I have finally got my BRP after 25 days waiting..around 17 working days! ILR was approved within 24 hours.
I did email my MP, but I think we dont need to email them just for BRP if the application is approved. The online form is ok and they responded within time limits.
Hello,
Apointment on 30/01/19
Biometric AWAITING..

It's been nearly 9 working days. On letter it does say 10. I am getting worried. Is there anyway to check when and how early can I receive my BRP. I have a new job offer and can't prove my eligibility to work as they don't accept the letter.

After how many days your BRP arrived once you filled online form for BRP nor arrived

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:11 am

Wishingpig wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:56 pm
ABasu wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Finally its all done, just received my approval email. Timelines in the Set(O) thread :)
Congratulations. Must be a huge relief!! Could you please share your timeline? I can't find the original thread! I am still waiting for mine. I am thinking of emailing my MP tonight.

Attended Croydon super priority service tier 2 to ILR Set (o) on 4 February.
Escalated 1st time on 8 February
Got a generic reply on 8 February
Still no update yet
Indeed its a relief! And I can understand your anxiety. Here is the timeline thread

indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 5-380.html

ABasu
Mood:
India

Post by ABasu » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:13 am

Amnausman21 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:39 pm
ABasu wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:45 pm
Finally its all done, just received my approval email. Timelines in the Set(O) thread :)
When did you apply ?

Thanks
Timelines are here
indefinite-leave-to-remain/ilr-timeline ... 5-380.html

morgan314
Newly Registered

Post by morgan314 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 am

morgan314 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm
morgan314 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Just to share my timeline:

Tier 2 to ILR Set O
Online application: 19th January 2019
Biometric enrollment: 28th January London premium lounge
MP escalation: 5th Feb
Phone escalation: 5th Feb
Email decision: waiting
Approval letter: waiting
BRP: waiting

Finger crossed the decision is coming soon.
2nd MP phone escalation: 7th Feb

still waiting for the reply.
Email decision received: 11th Feb 5pm APPROVED!
Approval letter: waiting
BRP: waiting

11 working days...wish you guys all the best. You will all be there.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am

ndb2019 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am
Hello,
Apointment on 30/01/19
Biometric AWAITING..

Hi ndb2019

you are not alone my visa was approved on 17/01/2019 still waiting for BRP. Its almost 18 working days still no response.

My Solicitor filled the form after 10 working days even after that no response she had to make few emails and calls then they come back saying we have referred your case back to the original case worker to investigate and we will response in due course.

Not sure how long is due course me too waiting for the BRP as I have new job offer waiting

Thanks

prejay

Post by prejay » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:54 am

ndb2019 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 am
epitutor wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:56 pm
I have finally got my BRP after 25 days waiting..around 17 working days! ILR was approved within 24 hours.
I did email my MP, but I think we dont need to email them just for BRP if the application is approved. The online form is ok and they responded within time limits.
Hello,
Apointment on 30/01/19
Biometric AWAITING..

After how many days your BRP arrived once you filled online form for BRP nor arrived
Submit https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence- ... ot-arrived as soon as it will let you (10 working days). My BRP arrived 7 working days after filling the form, so seemed related.

Apexhound
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am

Hello,

I’ve been browsing this thread for a while now and finally registered today.

My wife applied for ILR (Set m) priority service and hasn’t had a reply yet.

Date of submission : 22 Jan 2019
Documents scanned uploaded : 28 Jan 2019
Biometrics in Croydon Sopra Steria : 7 Feb 2019 @12pm.
Now the waiting game..

I’ve heard a person apply on Saturday after our appointment and got an email on a Sunday. I didn’t know they are working days for caseworkers.

Our case should be straight forward and her previous spouse visa renewal was granted 2.5 years ago without any issues.

Fingers crossed and will update you all if we get an answer.

Ken

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 am

Apexhound wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:10 am
I’ve heard a person apply on Saturday after our appointment and got an email on a Sunday. I didn’t know they are working days for caseworkers.

Our case should be straight forward and her previous spouse visa renewal was granted 2.5 years ago without any issues.
one of my previous BRPs was issued on Sunday.

it seems that most of the cases in this thread are straight forward. but the ridiculous system is unpredictable. a straight forward case may be stuck for months for no reason.

Apexhound
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 am

passing_by wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:38 am
Apexhound wrote:

one of my previous BRPs was issued on Sunday.

it seems that most of the cases in this thread are straight forward. but the ridiculous system is unpredictable. a straight forward case may be stuck for months for no reason.
Yes it seems that way. I think it’s quite misleading when they use the words “Super Priority” & “24 hours” and charge us £600.

Even the woman at the desk who checked the scans said we should get a reply within 24 hours which set our expectations.

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am

Apexhound wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 am
I think it’s quite misleading when they use the words “Super Priority” & “24 hours” and charge us £600.

Even the woman at the desk who checked the scans said we should get a reply within 24 hours which set our expectations.
i think the £600 is the least of the problems. the worst things start with one being in limbo, unable travel abroad etc.

the woman at the desk who checked the scans has nothing to do with the ukvi, and as a result, cannot promise anything. in fact, we are sponsoring her job for no reason. the old system was great, so to produce new useless jobs in the UK, the ukvi offered this copra steria a huge contract for service that used to be free with next working day appointment: you just arrive to the post office at your convenience and do everything you need. i even doubt the copra steria agents know more than you regarding the supporting documents.

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am

passing_by wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:38 am
Apexhound wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:08 am
I think it’s quite misleading when they use the words “Super Priority” & “24 hours” and charge us £600.

i think the £600 is the least of the problems. the worst things start with one being in limbo, unable travel abroad etc.

the woman at the desk who checked the scans has nothing to do with the ukvi, and as a result, cannot promise anything. in fact, we are sponsoring her job for no reason. the old system was great, so to produce new useless jobs in the UK, the ukvi offered this copra steria a huge contract for service that used to be free with next working day appointment: you just arrive to the post office at your convenience and do everything you need. i even doubt the copra steria agents know more than you regarding the supporting documents.
Well said! A total waste of tax payers' money, creating useless jobs and offering inferior services than the previous system. I don't know how Home Office can justify it! Surprised the press hasn't started looking into it yet.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:46 am

[quote=Wishingpig post_id=1741560 time=1549968057 user_id=212098]
[quote=passing_by post_id=1741557 time=1549967893 user_id=211441]
[quote=Apexhound post_id=1741536 time=1549966132 user_id=212319]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said! A total waste of tax payers' money, creating useless jobs and offering inferior services than the previous system. I don't know how Home Office can justify it! Surprised the press hasn't started looking into it yet.
[/quote]

There was an article in the FT but it was really short and behind a paywall so many people couldn't read it. Though I doubt outlets like the BBC would catch wind of this unless someone pointed them into the direction of this forum and what was going on.

alpharomeo
Mood:
Iran

Post by alpharomeo » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:56 am

My timeline so far

Applied Set LR via Super Priority Service @ Birmingham Center.

Paid GBP100.00 for appointment fee.
Date of Online Application: 2nd Feb 2019
UKVI(Sopra Stera) Bio-metric Check: 9th Feb 2019 @10am - Saturday
no confirmation email from UKVI for application submission, no response from home office yet

This is really frustrating after paying GBP3018.20/- for super priority fee and extra GBP100.00 for the premium appointment, no response yet. After how long should I start escalating with UKVI or HomeOffice??

RAJ007
India

Post by RAJ007 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm

Cara1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am
Cara1 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Hi folks,

I have submitted documents online:24/12/2018
Biometrics done: 31/12/2018
Escalations: 5 times
Raised issue with MP, waiting for an appointment
I have send complaints to vatious e-mails which normally take 20 days to take any actions.

I’m really anxious. It’s been long and I’m still waiting, Anyone waiting since December?
Hi Cara,

Even I have applied for my wife visa extension and done her biometric on 22nd December. Still no information from home office as to why it should take so long as this is the straight forward case.

Do you know what we should be doing next and how can we get the information related to the application as to what is going on ?

Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj,

I got an email today morning that I have been granted ILR. I hope your wife gets her visa extension soon too.

All the best!

Regards,
Cara

Congrats Cara!

Just called the UKVI contact center and was been told that they have already escalated this to Home Office and my application is in the standard service and not the priority service and was been told you will get your refund.

So my 8 weeks will finishes by end of next week , so will have to wait until then and see how it goes.

Could you please tell me what was your application Timeline ?

Regards,
Raj

Apexhound
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm

RAJ007 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:14 pm
Cara1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:07 pm
RAJ007 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:44 am
Cara1 wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:07 pm
Hi folks,

I have submitted documents online:24/12/2018
Biometrics done: 31/12/2018
Escalations: 5 times
Raised issue with MP, waiting for an appointment
I have send complaints to vatious e-mails which normally take 20 days to take any actions.

I’m really anxious. It’s been long and I’m still waiting, Anyone waiting since December?
Hi Cara,

Even I have applied for my wife visa extension and done her biometric on 22nd December. Still no information from home office as to why it should take so long as this is the straight forward case.

Do you know what we should be doing next and how can we get the information related to the application as to what is going on ?

Regards,
Raj
Hi Raj,

I got an email today morning that I have been granted ILR. I hope your wife gets her visa extension soon too.

All the best!

Regards,
Cara

Congrats Cara!

Just called the UKVI contact center and was been told that they have already escalated this to Home Office and my application is in the standard service and not the priority service and was been told you will get your refund.

So my 8 weeks will finishes by end of next week , so will have to wait until then and see how it goes.

Could you please tell me what was your application Timeline ?

Regards,
Raj
Hello Raj,

Did you pay the fee for super priority or just standard service?

What is the UKVI number that you used?

Thanks,
Ken

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm

Apexhound wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm
Hello Raj,

Thanks,
Ken
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/no-a ... l#p1741617
RAJ007 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:50 pm
ariff21 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pm
Hi Raj,

Can u pls share what number u called?
How come they change urs from priority to standard? Is yours straight forward application?
Hi Ariff21,

I have called UKVI Contact Center on 0300 123 2241.

I have applied my wife application using Priority Service.

As HomeOffice were not able to process my application in 10 working days, they have said that any application which they cannot process in time frame falls under standard service based on the application type.

Dependant Visa standard processing time frame is within 8 weeks.

So they said mine is now in standard service and you will get know about the result in 8 weeks of time. And your priority fees will be refunded.

8 Weeks are from the date of the Biometric.

My wife application is straight forward case.

Regards,
Raj
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:58 pm
Apexhound wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:54 pm
Hello Raj,

Thanks,
Ken
uk-tier-2-employer-sponsored-visas/no-a ... l#p1741617
RAJ007 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:50 pm
ariff21 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:39 pm
Hi Raj,

Can u pls share what number u called?
How come they change urs from priority to standard? Is yours straight forward application?
Hi Ariff21,

I have called UKVI Contact Center on 0300 123 2241.

I have applied my wife application using Priority Service.

As HomeOffice were not able to process my application in 10 working days, they have said that any application which they cannot process in time frame falls under standard service based on the application type.

Dependant Visa standard processing time frame is within 8 weeks.

So they said mine is now in standard service and you will get know about the result in 8 weeks of time. And your priority fees will be refunded.

8 Weeks are from the date of the Biometric.

My wife application is straight forward case.

Regards,
Raj
OMG, this is such BS and horrible response! They completely don't take any special personal circumstances into consideration and the fact that people may need more urgent responses? What a terrible establishment. Sorry to hear about that. now I am worried that my super priority service for ILR will fall into standard service which means I will have to wait for six months for a result?!

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

May I ask what's the difference between srsukvacs@homeoffice.gov.uk and complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk? Which one is better to email to escalate my ILR application which I paid for 24 hour super priority service?

Already emailed my MP last night but still waiting for reply. I thought I'd send an email to the Home office too but not sure which email address is better or they are equally useless?

Many thanks!

speckycanuck
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by speckycanuck » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 pm

Apexhound wrote:
Hello,

Now the waiting game..

Ken

Hi Ken, I'm in the same boat - Set(M), no problems with the initial two FLR(M) applications and nothing complex about our case; I also applied 22 Jan and biometrics 5 Feb (a VERY crowded Birmingham centre), still nothing - and others with appointments in between hearing back within 24 hrs, and others still waiting after a month, so it seems to be completely random who actually hears back and after how long. All the best to you guys - I know we're finding it super stressful (particularly with upcoming work and family travel).

Apexhound
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhound » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

speckycanuck wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:46 pm
Apexhound wrote:
Hello,

Now the waiting game..

Ken

Hi Ken, I'm in the same boat - Set(M), no problems with the initial two FLR(M) applications and nothing complex about our case; I also applied 22 Jan and biometrics 5 Feb (a VERY crowded Birmingham centre), still nothing - and others with appointments in between hearing back within 24 hrs, and others still waiting after a month, so it seems to be completely random who actually hears back and after how long. All the best to you guys - I know we're finding it super stressful (particularly with upcoming work and family travel).
Hey there,
I hope we get some good news soon. Yes the Croydon centre was VERY busy and I didn’t expect it to be like that.
I’ll keep you posted.

abhijit19
India

Post by abhijit19 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 pm

Would be good to get a new thread going about how to get refunds and who has managed to get refunds?

Someone started a new thread but was immediately locked down.
Not easy to wade through 112 pages of a thread to look at examples of people who have managed to get a refund.

kriss13
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kriss13 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:54 pm

Hello everyone
i would like to share my experience for super priority Service.
i have submitted my ILR application (SET-O) via the new process. i have chosen the premium service.
Online application- 22 nov 2018
Attanded my biometric at croydon- 01 dec 2018
received standard email was like standard 6 months service- 24 dec 2018

Escalate them again by calling and email to home office but no response till end of january and without giving decisoin on my application they refund super priority fees back to my bank account.

i have only ask them to escalate the process never ask for refund after that i chase them by calling 2 times but till today no response. Please share your experience and help us further.

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:50 pm

kriss13 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:54 pm
Hello everyone
i would like to share my experience for super priority Service.
i have submitted my ILR application (SET-O) via the new process. i have chosen the premium service.
Online application- 22 nov 2018
Attanded my biometric at croydon- 01 dec 2018
received standard email was like standard 6 months service- 24 dec 2018

Escalate them again by calling and email to home office but no response till end of january and without giving decisoin on my application they refund super priority fees back to my bank account.

i have only ask them to escalate the process never ask for refund after that i chase them by calling 2 times but till today no response. Please share your experience and help us further.
That's so awful! Can't believe they could behave like that.

hopeforall9
Mood:

Post by hopeforall9 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Got a weird email at 16:28 today, which has the escalation reference from last week in the subject line:

'still not recived a decision customer is asking for a phone call regarding her application'

I feel like this was a note that they added to the escalation and the note got sent to me. Has this happened to anyone else before? and yes received was misspelt in the email.