ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

may have made mistake on application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

amy786
Afghanistan

may have made mistake on application?

Post by amy786 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am

i have applied for british citizenship online and on the following question i answered no.
have you ever made immigration application before?

have been in uk since 2003, with indefinite leave to remain and meet all other requirements.

this question was vague as i had already given details of my ILR and i thought the question related to british citizenship application, and this question was not on the paper form i had downloaded
would it be acceptable if i sent in covering letter with my documents to explain this.

i have just come across this forum now.

cryvate
Netherlands

Re: may have made mistake on application?

Post by cryvate » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:31 am

Sounds reasonable course of action to me. If you do not, you might get into trouble and it might be seen as 'deception' leading to a 10 year ban.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm

oh dear! i am panicking now,
there is nothing in the guidelines about this as i checked again and again.
if someone else has come across this problem , please post outcome.

cryvate, could you tell me if you or anyone you know have come across this problem or any other similar mistake in the application and how they deal with this.
also, can someone please tell me what questions are asked when selecting 'yes', so i can provide that informaton

Springie

Post by Springie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:38 pm

Don't panic! There have been plenty of people here who forgot something and posted it to the HO later - it worked out just fine in most cases.

Here are the questions:

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? - Yes

Then for each application, give these details:

[*]Name in which you made the application
[*]Date of application, if known
[*]Enter your reference number if known
[*]Was this application made in the UK?
[*]If not in the UK, where was it made?
[*]Were your fingerprints taken as part of this application?
[*]Date fingerprints were taken, if known

(It's absolutely fine to give approximate details, i.e. month and year, or even just year, if you don't know.)

Do you have any other details that you would like to be considered regarding this applicant and their application to be registered as a British Citizen? - I said yes and gave a brief description of the types of application, e.g. ILR, TOC, tourist visa, etc.

Have you previously made any other UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad? Y/N

That's it!

cryvate
Netherlands

Post by cryvate » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:02 pm

amy786 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:30 pm
oh dear! i am panicking now,
there is nothing in the guidelines about this as i checked again and again.
if someone else has come across this problem , please post outcome.

cryvate, could you tell me if you or anyone you know have come across this problem or any other similar mistake in the application and how they deal with this.
also, can someone please tell me what questions are asked when selecting 'yes', so i can provide that informaton
Please don't panic! As long as you include the covering letter with all the information as @Springie said. People make mistakes and these applications are lengthy, also the online process is confusing at the moment. I almost fell into the mistake that others have made in regards to the Life in the UK test/language requirement by answering the wrong way.

As long as you disclose you made a mistake and list your applications [and ideally all the information Springie listed] it cannot be used against you! If, and it seems unlikely, this particular point would be the reason your application where to be refused, you would be very likely to win in an administrative review (probably it would be found that they forgot to read the letter...).

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 pm

thanks cryvate and springie for putting my mind at ease, hopefully i will be able to sleep better tonight.

i will follow your advice and hopefully everything should be ok,.

i won't be able to give exact dates as visa application and ILR applications were made around 2002/2003.

although i have home office ref. no. , i dont have any further details as to date applications were submitted.
and my passports show the visa and ILR.

angel valdes
Newly Registered

Post by angel valdes » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:50 pm

amy786 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:52 am
i have applied for british citizenship online and on the following question i answered no.
have you ever made immigration application before?

have been in uk since 2003, with indefinite leave to remain and meet all other requirements.

this question was vague as i had already given details of my ILR and i thought the question related to british citizenship application, and this question was not on the paper form i had downloaded
would it be acceptable if i sent in covering letter with my documents to explain this.

i have just come across this forum now.

oh wow i made the same mistake, i called home office and they advised me to send a cover letter.so i did that plus sent an email too just incase.hopefully it doesnt cause any problems.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:08 am

thanks for the info
have you received any decision as yet and how long ago did you apply?

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 am

could you please tell me which email address you used to inform them
thanks

kautya

Post by kautya » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:53 pm

amy786 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:20 am
could you please tell me which email address you used to inform them
thanks
I had made a mistake on mine and sent them an email and a letter highlighting the same to the PO box address. The email I'd used was furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk, if that helps. But there was also a word document that I sent as an attachment for the enquiry form.

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:21 pm

thank you for the info
was it accepted and have you received a decision as yet?

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am

thanks to all for the help and re-assurance.
however, just seen on my confirmation letter the following statement.

your application details cannot be changed.

if you need to change any of your information , you will have to submit a new application

panicking again now
any advice appreciated

Nusratali786
Pakistan

Post by Nusratali786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Have you received ur approval ?

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Hi amy786,

You mentioned that you saw on confirmation letter stating 'your application details cannot be changed. if you need to change any of your information , you will have to submit a new application'.

Sorry, what is that confirmation letter? is it approval letter from them? or a reply?

Also, Looking at above posts, did you email the Home Office at nationality email telling them about mistake with regards to previous immigration applications?

amy786
Afghanistan

Re: may have made mistake on application? panicking again

Post by amy786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 pm

sorry, it wasn't confirmation letter , it was on the confirmation i received after making payment online.

i just got confused and am panicking.

i have sent an email to address that kautya has posted about the previous immigration applications, and will be sending a covering letter with other documents, and will print out my application and write the correct information on that as well
i hope that will be acceptable

amy786
Afghanistan

Post by amy786 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:03 pm

hello Nusratali,
which approval do you mean,
i have just sent application in this week

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:11 pm

amy786

I made same mistake.

Can you please share text of email you sent and what did you ask them?

Are you also planning to send them a letter by post?

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:28 pm

hello guys ,
I submitted my application on 7 Jan 2019 and did the same mistake, i realised this mistake from you guys when Amy raise issue here , i rung home office and explained to them what happened , he was a very helpful person, he advised me to write a covering letter and send to Liverpool address asap, i send through recorded delivery method on this Wednesday and delivered on Thursday at 10 o clock in morning. so hopefully it will be sorted out on time as the guy said, we make mistake, so don't worry and mention what happened in a letter with certain details which are mention in my covering letter and send to us. we will chase and sort it out I am gonna share my covering letter, hopefully, it will help you out guys as well
best of luck

Hello Sir / Madam,

I made an online application for British Citizenship on 07 January 2019 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 January 2019 in Manchester centre UKVCAS, during filling my online application form. Unfortunately, I made a mistake; the question was “Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?” I supposed to answer YES but I put NO. Can you PLEASE help me to correct this mistake? I will be very thankful to you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Case ID:-

Full name: -

DOB: -

Email: -

Mob: -

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:46 pm

Kayani2012,

Thanks for post, very helpful.

you mentioned that you sent via post to Liverpool address. What is the full Liverpool department address?

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Department 1
UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:16 pm

Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

You said that you said No when you should have said Yes.

My question is,, did you said No at the start?

Because I say Yes to the question first time. And then it asked me again, if there is any other previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad?

I again said yes and enter details.

It again ask me the same question again (Have you made any previous UK immigration applications in the UK or abroad)

I said No

But there was one more uk application I made in past before coming to Uk? So I should have said Yes.

Please advise.

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 pm

I said No in start :(

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:33 pm

What do you suggest

I said yes yes and the no. Forgot to mention one of the application?

kayani2012

Post by kayani2012 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:41 pm

Just explain your senario in covering letter what happen and provide missing details, I said no in start, so i will wait, may case worker will contact me via email or post as that person said, if we need further details from you, case worker will contact u
Thats new thing for me, keep ask u again and again when u do yes
Finger cross :?

na2316

Post by na2316 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:46 pm

I called them and was told to send cover letter to the Liverpool address as you gave above.

Only difference is they told me to put Department 4 instead of Department 1, as you write above.

They said that the department 1 is for paper based applications and department 4 is for online applications.

Why did you send it to department 1, did you do a paper based app?