ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jersey CI to UK - Tier2 ICT Longterm and ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

panju81
Newly Registered

Jersey CI to UK - Tier2 ICT Longterm and ILR

Post by panju81 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:08 pm

HI,

I have a query moving from Jersey Channel Island to UK and getting (ILR).

I have entered to Jersey with UK Tier2 ICT Long-term Visa on 2013 August, eventual I got Jersey work Permit on the same month.

My Jersey visa will expire in Feb 2017, the possibility of continue working in Jersey is very less. I will be eligible to apply ILR in Jersey if I continue working for another 2 years, however due to my work assignment I may have to leave Jersey in Feb 2017 and continue working in UK for the same employer.

What will happen If I move to UK with the same employer on ICT tier 2 Visa. Will UK immigration accept the 3.5 years I spend in Jersey and eligible to apply ILR in UK? or I have to stay in Jersey for 5 Years to get ILR ?

Thanks

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Jersey CI to UK - Tier2 ICT Longterm and ILR

Post by poper » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:19 am

panju81 wrote:HI,

I have a query moving from Jersey Channel Island to UK and getting (ILR).

I have entered to Jersey with UK Tier2 ICT Long-term Visa on 2013 August, eventual I got Jersey work Permit on the same month.

My Jersey visa will expire in Feb 2017, the possibility of continue working in Jersey is very less. I will be eligible to apply ILR in Jersey if I continue working for another 2 years, however due to my work assignment I may have to leave Jersey in Feb 2017 and continue working in UK for the same employer.

What will happen If I move to UK with the same employer on ICT tier 2 Visa. Will UK immigration accept the 3.5 years I spend in Jersey and eligible to apply ILR in UK? or I have to stay in Jersey for 5 Years to get ILR ?

Thanks

A Tier 2 ICT to work in the UK issued after April 2010 does not lead to ILR.
Are the rules different for a Jersey ICT visa? If yes, can you point us to a relevant link?
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

panju81
Newly Registered

Post by panju81 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you for the reply

Please find the Links.

http://www.gov.je/LifeEvents/Citizenshi ... x#anchor-1

http://www.gov.je/LifeEvents/Citizenshi ... ation.aspx

https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocume ... s%20TL.pdf

My understanding Jersey work permit issued before 2014 are eliagnle to get ILR if they stay for 5 Years.

Thanks

preetsag
Newly Registered
India

Post by preetsag » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 pm

Hi,

did you get the ILR from Jersey in the end? I am living in UK for 8 years and trying to explore if I should get the ILR from Jersey.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm

preetsag wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:51 pm
Hi,

did you get the ILR from Jersey in the end? I am living in UK for 8 years and trying to explore if I should get the ILR from Jersey.
This inactive thread is 2.5 years old and member panju only posted twice and hasn't visited the forum since Aug 16, 2016 :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.