ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A 5 years EEA family permit has expired

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Prince911
Newly Registered

A 5 years EEA family permit has expired

Post by Prince911 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 pm

Good afternoon everyone,

My situation as follows: I'm a non- EEA family member. I have EEA - family permit RC stamped on my passport that expired on 30 OCT 2018.I have done an application for permanent residence, but the Home office returned my documents and asked to re-submit original passports for my EEA wife's and son's passports'.

Due to urgent travel I had to travel outside EU for a month.
My questions as follow:

- Will I be able to re-apply outside the UK through embassies/high commissions?

- Will I be allowed to re-enter UK with my expired EEA- family permit, knowing that I have lived in the UK for 5 years in a row P60s, work contracts, pay slips and tenancy agreements.... etc?

- Will I be able to use the new app to re-apply or it has got to be paper application?

Thanks for your help!!

kamoe

Re: A 5 years EEA family permit has expired

Post by kamoe » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Prince911 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 pm
- Will I be able to re-apply outside the UK through embassies/high commissions?
it is my understanding that you can only apply for PR and RC within the UK. What you can do whenever you find yourself abroad in these circumstances, is apply for a 6-month Family Permit to facilitate your entry back in the UK. Then apply for RC -or Settled Status- once you are in the UK.
- Will I be allowed to re-enter UK with my expired EEA- family permit, knowing that I have lived in the UK for 5 years in a row P60s, work contracts, pay slips and tenancy agreements.... etc?
You might, provided you show your marriage certificate, copy of your wife's passport or national identity card, and copy of your wife status in the UK (PR certifficate, or current employment confirmation, or recent payslips, etc.). As the proven spouse of an EU national exercising treaty rights, a border officer can't deny you entry. However, the tricky bit might be the airline, as witnessed on these forums, different airlines go by different rules, and there have been cases of people been denied boarding even if entitled to enter the UK.
- Will I be able to use the new app to re-apply or it has got to be paper application?
The "new app" is for Settled Status only, not RCs. If you want to go this route, you need to wait until after March 29th. As of today, you need a BRC to be able to apply. After March 29th, if you do not already have a BRC you can apply and you will be issued a new card. However, it is my understanding that these applications are also designed to be carried out from within the UK, so probably not useful to gain entry.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Prince911
Newly Registered

Post by Prince911 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:38 pm

Thank you so much, so much logic in your reply, very much appreciated.

Regards,
E.E

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm

kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm
As the proven spouse of an EU national exercising treaty rights, a border officer can't deny you entry. However, the tricky bit might be the airline, as witnessed on these forums, different airlines go by different rules, and there have been cases of people been denied boarding even if entitled to enter the UK.
The flag confuses me. If the OP is a British national, as the flag suggests, then he doesn't need a visa to travel to the UK.

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:31 pm

Richard W wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:13 pm
kamoe wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:44 pm
As the proven spouse of an EU national exercising treaty rights, a border officer can't deny you entry. However, the tricky bit might be the airline, as witnessed on these forums, different airlines go by different rules, and there have been cases of people been denied boarding even if entitled to enter the UK.
The flag confuses me. If the OP is a British national, as the flag suggests, then he doesn't need a visa to travel to the UK.
Then quote the OP, not my reply.
Also, avatar flags are just a choice, a statement. I never assume nationality based on flags. I'm non-EU.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.