ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Super Priority Service

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cvkiran
Newly Registered
India

Re: UKVCAS Super Priority Service

Post by cvkiran » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Wow! reading this thread is scary!!! I applied super priority for ICT Tier 2 extension yesterday and have got no email or contact from anyone yet.

Looks like early days but feel cheated now that I paid a premium rate for this service and not sure how much more longer I will end up waiting. One of my colleagues who applied today morning hot his approval email in the evening same day. So this is just random rather than any logic. We both work for same organisation who issues the COS. So unable to understand the logic.

Will wait and update if I get anything. People have mentioned about escalating to HO ...how do you do that?

Cara1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Cara1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am

abhijit19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Would be good to get a new thread going about how to get refunds and who has managed to get refunds?

Someone started a new thread but was immediately locked down.
Not easy to wade through 112 pages of a thread to look at examples of people who have managed to get a refund.
Hi,

I started a new post and it was been immediately locked. I understand reading through 112 pages is very hard and seriously saying the last 40 pages I’ve read there’s noone talking about the procedure for refund, so I don’t get it.

Regards,
Cara

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:32 am

Cara1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am
abhijit19 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:32 pm
Would be good to get a new thread going about how to get refunds and who has managed to get refunds?

Someone started a new thread but was immediately locked down.
Not easy to wade through 112 pages of a thread to look at examples of people who have managed to get a refund.
Hi,

I started a new post and it was been immediately locked. I understand reading through 112 pages is very hard and seriously saying the last 40 pages I’ve read there’s noone talking about the procedure for refund, so I don’t get it.

Regards,
Cara
Most members have received automatic refunds!!

Starting another topic that goes on and on and off topic is difficult to moderate and keep in check. This isn't the only very long topic the 3 most active mods have to keep an eye on!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Cara1
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Cara1 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 am

I’m sorry, don’t intend to be rude here. Automatic refunds how? Reading this long link, I’ve realised hardly anyone’s received an answer in 24 hours. Is there link or telephone no for refunds application?

Thanks.

Regards,
Cara

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:43 am

Cara1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 am
I’m sorry, don’t intend to be rude here. Automatic refunds how? Reading this long link, I’ve realised hardly anyone’s received an answer in 24 hours. Is there link or telephone no for refunds application?

Thanks.

Regards,
Cara
Members have posted that after escalating and writing to complaints that they received an auto refund of the super priority fee. Some have had this confirmed in correspondence from HO when application was approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:56 am

Cara1 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:12 am
Hi,

Regards,
Cara
oldmankensey wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am
really happy to see so many of the 'old timers' getting approval.

we all stuck through it together! Blitz spirit! Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

I got my refund so wanted to explain what I did, as people's minds are turning more to that now.

I got a mailing address off this thread (from waaaaaaay back in November I think)

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

I sent them a letter three days ago:

1. Put all info relating to my wife: name, UAN, case number, DoB, nationality, biometric appointment info, application date, etc.

2. Paragraph about why I'm writing

3. Quoted their own email to them which said: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

And today, that £610 went back onto our credit card. Super happy about that. I think that's the place to write and we got the refund far faster than we were expecting.

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:02 am

cvkiran wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:11 pm
Will wait and update if I get anything. People have mentioned about escalating to HO ...how do you do that?
Hope you will receive your decesion soon.

If not, you may escalate via the UKVI phone number after 6 working days have passed since your biometrics appointment. But this "escalation" is one of the most useless options during this process, if not the most useless one. It literally does nothing with respect to the timeline of your specific decision.

raghu.raju457

Post by raghu.raju457 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:43 am

raghu.raju457 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:21 am
ndb2019 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:16 am
Hello,
Apointment on 30/01/19
Email received on 30/01/19
Letter received from home office on 01/02/19
Biometric AWAITING..

It's been nearly 9 working days. On letter it does say 10. I am getting worried. Is there anyway to check when and how early can I receive my BRP. I have a new job offer and can't prove my eligibility to work as they don't accept the letter.
Hi ndb2019

you are not alone my visa was approved on 17/01/2019 still waiting for BRP. Its almost 18 working days still no response.

My Solicitor filled the form after 10 working days even after that no response she had to make few emails and calls then they come back saying we have referred your case back to the original case worker to investigate and we will response in due course.

Not sure how long is due course me too waiting for the BRP as I have new job offer waiting

Thanks
Hi All

Update on process, my Solicitor has received an email and letter saying they have lost mu Biometric Information and requesting for re do the Biometrics again in the participating Post Office and this Biometrics is for free of cost!!!!!!!!. And asking to email them as soon as I have done my biometrics

The letter made me surprise however I have no choice so I have to re take the biometrics and now waiting for them to come back

Thanks

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 am

I received a letter from my MP that he has escalated the case to the UKVI MP's correspondence team (on 7th Feb) and has requested them to expedite the case. I made second escalation over UKVI helpline on 11th Feb and received standard email with '..aim to complete in 24 hours' rhetoric on 12th Feb.

My case history so far:
Online Set (O) submission: 22nd Dec, 2018
Biometrics submitted at Croydon Sopra Steria: 28th Jan, 2019 (Super Priority)
First Escalation on phone: 5th Feb, 2019 (Received generic auto-reply same day)
MP Escalation: 7th Feb
Second Escalation on phone: 11th Feb, 2019 (Received generic auto-reply on 12th Feb)

Isn't it amazing that UKVI has decided to take £600 from us first, and then 'Decide' whether they can provide that service or not. Imagine if other businesses were run that way. You pay first but service is not guaranteed.

Since the Set (O) form is online now why can't they provide option to select an upgrade to 'Priority' service if the caseworker feels they can turn it around in 24 hours and THEN take the money from you. Similar to how when you apply for a sporting event tickets in public ballot, you are given an option to upgrade to next tier, if you are not allocated tickets in the price range you've selected.

By continuing to follow the current model of 'You-pay-First-We-Decide-Later' UKVI will be sitting on a huge pile of monies for months. No other business I know of can get away with this model of sitting on customer's money for months and simply refund it after few weeks. What a joke!!

pinam
Newly Registered
India

Post by pinam » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am

Cara1 wrote:

Thanks.

Regards,
Cara
Hi Cara1,

I emailed to complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk around 8 days ago for refund. I stated my application number and complete timeline of the application. I also mentioned about various escalations I made after 5 working days deadline. I received a reply from home office next day that they failed to meet 24 hour deadline in my case and I will get the refund in 28 working days. I am still waiting for the refund now.

Please email them and wait to get their feedback. I hope this helps.

Apexhound
Newly Registered

Post by Apexhound » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:54 am

I’ve just spoken to someone on the UKVI hotline and they said that decisions are made within 24hours and they have 5 working days after that to send out an email or letter regarding the outcome. She said for my wife’s case if she enrolled biometrics on 7th Feb, if we don’t hear from them on 14th Feb then contact them and they will take all my wife’s application details etc and send it to the main office to ask them to look into it.

Cheers,
Ken

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am

hdave01 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:21 am
I received a letter from my MP that he has escalated the case to the UKVI MP's correspondence team (on 7th Feb) and has requested them to expedite the case. I made second escalation over UKVI helpline on 11th Feb and received standard email with '..aim to complete in 24 hours' rhetoric on 12th Feb.

My case history so far:
Second Escalation on phone: 11th Feb, 2019 (Received generic auto-reply on 12th Feb)

Isn't it amazing that UKVI has decided to take £600 from us first, and then 'Decide' whether they can provide that service or not. Imagine if other businesses were run that way. You pay first but service is not guaranteed.

Since the Set (O) form is online now why can't they provide option to select an upgrade to 'Priority' service if the caseworker feels they can turn it around in 24 hours and THEN take the money from you. Similar to how when you apply for a sporting event tickets in public ballot, you are given an option to upgrade to next tier, if you are not allocated tickets in the price range you've selected.

By continuing to follow the current model of 'You-pay-First-We-Decide-Later' UKVI will be sitting on a huge pile of monies for months. No other business I know of can get away with this model of sitting on customer's money for months and simply refund it after few weeks. What a joke!!
May I ask how long did your MP take to respond to your email? I emailed my MP two days ago but still haven't heard back yet. Thanks! Good luck with your case. Totally agree this Home Office business model is absurd.

hdave01

Post by hdave01 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am

Wishingpig wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am
hdave01 wrote:

My case history so far:

May I ask how long did your MP take to respond to your email? I emailed my MP two days ago but still haven't heard back yet. Thanks! Good luck with your case. Totally agree this Home Office business model is absurd.
I emailed my MP on 4th Feb. I got an auto-email that his office aims to reply within 10 working days of receiving emails. I called their office on 6th Feb to request prompt assistance. They wrote to UKVI on my behalf on 7th Feb.

The best way is to call after sending email to express the urgency of the matter. I also highlighted the fact that I not only have planned personal holidays which are at risk but also my work might require me to travel at short notice.

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 am

Wishingpig wrote:
My MP responded after 1.5 weeks only after escalating it with his office (his secretary told me that the MP usually responds within 2 weeks and he is very busy). After not hearing neither from his first response nor from the HO I called the MP secretary again. She told me that they usually give the HO 20 working days to respond to the MP

Wishingpig
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by Wishingpig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:19 am

hdave01 wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:10 am
Wishingpig wrote:
hdave01 wrote:

My case history so far:

I emailed my MP on 4th Feb. I got an auto-email that his office aims to reply within 10 working days of receiving emails. I called their office on 6th Feb to request prompt assistance. They wrote to UKVI on my behalf on 7th Feb.

The best way is to call after sending email to express the urgency of the matter. I also highlighted the fact that I not only have planned personal holidays which are at risk but also my work might require me to travel at short notice.
Thank you! That's very helpful. I will call tomorrow MP if there is still no email reply yet. Good luck with your escalation.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 am

Cara1 wrote:

Thanks.

Regards,
Cara
Hi, I have not received a refund yet, even though I was promised a refund in several e-mails from the HO, including a response to my complaint, where they say I will get a refund "in due course" without any indication of the date. So far I called HO regarding the refund and was given an e-mail address where I should write in regards to the refund arrangement, which I did 2 weeks ago. Still no response. I also sent a letter to the adress below last week.
The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

I followed up with my initial complaint and sent new complaint. Hope they will arrange a refund by the end of the month. Absolutely awful service and it is painful to see how many people suffer and still waiting for the desicion since Nov-Dec. Hope everyone will get their decision and refunds soon. Refund didn't happen automatically in my case. If anyone can let me know how to get the refund I will appreciate this information.

mental4vray
Mood:
India

Post by mental4vray » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:42 am

mental4vray wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:00 pm
The painful wait is finally over. I just received email from the caseworker at 11 am saturday morning that my ILR is granted.

Here's my timeline so far:

18th January: Application submission online
24th January, 7:30 am @ Premium Lounge: Biometrics appointment
1st February: First escalation by calling 03001232241
3rd February: Complaint email at complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
4th February 14:15: Email to MP
4th February 15:30: MP replied back saying he has raised the issue with home office and will get back to me when he has more info.
8th February: Second escalation

9th February 11:30: Email from case worked that ILR is granted.
12th February, 7:30am: Received approval letter dated 9th Feb by Royal Mail Priority
13th February 8am: Received BRP card valid from 9th Feb 2019 to 31st December 2024

I plan to send a email to the complaints email id if I don't receive any refund in this week.

silverman
Newly Registered
India

Post by silverman » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:13 am

On the topic of refunds, how about invoking Sec75 protection if fee was paid using a credit card? Just a thought..

morgan314
Newly Registered

Post by morgan314 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:17 am

morgan314 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:50 am
morgan314 wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:45 pm
morgan314 wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Just to share my timeline:

Tier 2 to ILR Set O
Online application: 19th January 2019
Biometric enrollment: 28th January London premium lounge
MP escalation: 5th Feb
Phone escalation: 5th Feb
Email decision: waiting
Approval letter: waiting
BRP: waiting

Finger crossed the decision is coming soon.
2nd MP phone escalation: 7th Feb

still waiting for the reply.
Email decision received: 11th Feb 5pm APPROVED!
Approval letter: waiting

11 working days...wish you guys all the best. You will all be there.
Approval letter received: 13th Feb

dragon098
Mood:

Post by dragon098 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:43 pm

oldmankensey wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 am
really happy to see so many of the 'old timers' getting approval.

we all stuck through it together! Blitz spirit! Fingers crossed for those still waiting.

I got my refund so wanted to explain what I did, as people's minds are turning more to that now.

I got a mailing address off this thread (from waaaaaaay back in November I think)

The Charging Team
UKVI
The Capital Building
Liverpool
L3 9PP

I sent them a letter three days ago:

1. Put all info relating to my wife: name, UAN, case number, DoB, nationality, biometric appointment info, application date, etc.

2. Paragraph about why I'm writing

3. Quoted their own email to them which said: "We aim to complete all applications within the 24-hour service standard. However, where we are not able to do this we will complete the application as quickly as possible and where delays in making the decision are not the fault of the customer, the super priority service fee will be refunded."

And today, that £610 went back onto our credit card. Super happy about that. I think that's the place to write and we got the refund far faster than we were expecting.
[/quote]

Cheers for this I have just typed a letter and going to post so I can receive my refund. Not sure why some are getting automatic refund and some aren't. Maybe they don't want to give us refund but I am going to fight back for my money. my hard earned money.

passing_by
Newly Registered

Post by passing_by » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:32 pm

did anyone receive a written response to the complaints complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk after 20 working days? if yes, do they address your personal circumstances and provide any solutions? or is it a process similar to phone escalations (i.e. useless procedure without any results)?

kemi2330
Newly Registered
India

Post by kemi2330 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:02 pm

Atlast after a long wait, I got my ILR granted email here are the timeline

online application: 16 nov
biometric submitted at croydon office: 14 dec
granted email: 13th feb
biometric card delivery: waiting
lots and lots of escalation and phone call, compliant emails, email to MP nothing worked except a patient wait.

Next step is to wait for biometric card. I have a wedding to attend back home on sunday. Hoping biometric card to be delivered by this week. fingers crossed

CCD2019
Newly Registered
China

Post by CCD2019 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Dear all, just want to share my experience with you:

Online Application: 2nd Feb 2019
Online Documents Submission: 8th Feb 2019
Biometric Appointment: 9am 12th Feb 2019
Email approval: 3:30pm 13th Feb 2019

Paid £100 for the early morning appointment and the visit to the service centre in Croydon was pleasant.

On the email I received today, they said the ILR was granted and because it had gone passed the 24-hour promise (by a few hours), the £610 I paid for the super priority service will be refunded.

Thank you all very much for the help and advice here!

For those who are still waiting for a decision, I wish you the best of luck! :)

saimajaan

Post by saimajaan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:34 pm

hi peeps
I am one of the unlucky ones from dec following this page from day one . following people advice I wrote to my MP to emil home office I emailed them my self as well also my lawyer too but only my MP got an emil yesterday saying that our case has now been looked at and they lost my mum's biometrics they will try to deal with the case soon and maybe call us again to do our bio metrics again .
I'm really confused does anyone have an opinion on this I mean does it sound appealing plz give yr advice it will really help me or has this happened to anyone else . waiting since 7th dec
thanks

kchakrabarty
Newly Registered

Post by kchakrabarty » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm

I have been following this thread for more than a month now and have the following timeline to share:

Type of application: SET(M) for my wife
Online application submission date: 22 January 2019
Documents uploaded online: 06 February 2019
Biometrics appointment date and location: 07 February 2019, Tang Hall Explore Library, York.
Confirmation email received: 08 February 2019
Approval letter received: 13 February 2019
BRP received: 14 February 2019*, should have been earlier but we missed the DX delivery on 12 Feb

In my view, it is best to upload documents before the biometrics appointment. This is to ensure that the biometrics appt. finishes quickly and one is not subject to any system issues on the given day. Also, you don't need to upload passports beforehand, the staff at the service centre/library will do it for you on the day.

If anyone has queries regarding our documentation submitted, please let me know.

Wishing everyone all the best for their UKVI applications.