ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visitor visa to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cvishen
Newly Registered

Parents visitor visa to UK

Post by cvishen » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate if anyone could enlighten me on my query.
I work in UK under Tier 2 and want to call my parents from India for 1 month, to visit me.
If I provide my Invitation letter, Accomodation letter, bank statements, employment letter, payslips, alongwith their application form, stating that I will be supporting them financially that 1 month, should that be enough ?
My dad is a police in India. Do we need to provide their financial statements, payslips, employment letter etc or should my documents suffice?

Please, I would be grateful if anyone could help me in this query.

Casa

Re: Parents visitor visa to UK

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:52 pm

I'ts essential for your parents to submit documented evidence of their financial self-sufficiency together with strong ties to their home country. e.g employment, property ownership, family responsibilities etc.,
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cvishen
Newly Registered

Post by cvishen » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:45 am

Casa wrote:
Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:52 pm
I'ts essential for your parents to submit documented evidence of their financial self-sufficiency together with strong ties to their home country. e.g employment, property ownership, family responsibilities etc.,
Thank you so much for your response. Can I show their joint bank account statement? and If so, what should be the minimum amount in their bank? Once again, thank you so much for your advice and help.

annpgeorge

Post by annpgeorge » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:20 am

I don't think there is a minimum account as such - when my mother-in-law came, she showed 6 months of her bank statements which reflected the pension she was getting every month, property ownership documents, rental agreement on a residential property she was renting out as well as a notarised letter stating that her passport name (married) and bank statement name (maiden) were for the same person.

We only sent a sponsorship letter, husband's passport copy and council tax bill (proof of address) as attachments in an email which she printed out and submitted as part of her application. She submitted in Kochi and it was straight forward.
I hope this helps.