ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DO I NEED VISA AFTER CURTAILMENT?

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ximena
Newly Registered
Mexico

DO I NEED VISA AFTER CURTAILMENT?

Post by ximena » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Do I need a visa to enter the UK after curtailment? I didn't overstay I left before the expiry date, I just need to know if I am planning to go back to the UK as a tourist in 8 months for a two week holiday:

1) As I am a non visa national and I don't need one, can I continue entering just with my passport?

2) Or the curtailment has a bad effect and I'll need to apply for a visa?

I will appreciate if someone who has the knowledge about this specific topic can answer my query. :D

ximena
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: DO I NEED VISA AFTER CURTAILMENT?

Post by ximena » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:36 am

I just hope I didn't ruin my free visitor visa privilege for my entire life, by having a TIER 5 Government Authorized Exchange visa curtailed by resigning after 4 months of being in the UK, and left before the expiry date. As far as I know curtailment just gives another visa expiry date but it is not actually considered overstaying or getting to acquire an adverse / complicated immigration history? I might be wrong, that's why I'm asking.

I have plans to go back with my family, I hope really hope it won't be a problem.

The Station Agent

Post by The Station Agent » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am

If you're a non-visa national, and you didn't overstay the Tier 5 visa or get into a deportation situation, then you should be able to come in for business or holiday without a visa. You will, however, have to satisfy the border officer about your intentions and that you won't work etc.

ximena
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ximena » Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:11 pm

The Station Agent wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:16 am
You will, however, have to satisfy the border officer about your intentions and that you won't work etc.
Thank you so much. So I guess just bringing the essential information about my trip will be enough?