ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 admin review success but passport not received

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Greatexpat
India

Tier 2 dependent admin review next steps

Post by Greatexpat » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am

Hi,

I have a query regarding Tier 2 admin review.
My wife applied for a Tier 2 dependent visa in India and received a refusal. We applied for an administrative review. We received an email which resulted in the refusal being overturned last week on 2-Jan-19.
The email ended with the following sentence-
The decision making centre will be in touch shortly regarding the processing of your visa.

Please let me know what are the next steps and how long does it usually take for the decision making centre to get in touch and how long does it take to process.

Thanks and appreciate your help.
Cheers,
Rajiv

Greatexpat
India

Re: Tier 2 dependent admin review next steps

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 am

Please let me know if anyone has an answer to my query as I cannot find any information on this via official channels.

Appreciate your help.
Rajiv

Greatexpat
India

Tier 2 admin review success but passport not received

Post by Greatexpat » Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:21 pm

Hi,

My wife applied for a tier 2 dependent visa which got approved in admin review stage and she submitted her passport on the 15th of January at VFS centre and paid the IHS on the 10th of January after it was requested again. It has already been 2 weeks.
Please let me know how long it usually takes to get the passport with visa back as it is a bit stressful to wait without having any details about the timeframes of processing this stage. I assumed it should be fairly quick as visa has been approved and already delayed from the first application.

I sincerely appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Greatexpat
India

Re: Tier 2 admin review success but passport not received

Post by Greatexpat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:17 am

Hi,

Please let me know if anyone has any information or experience of a similar situation as my query. I don't even know if the passport has been received and accepted by the visa processing centre as there is no update.
We have sent an email to the IHS email address as requested after the visa was approved but it only deals with IHS queries and I am afraid is the wrong email address.
I have requested an update from the ukvi email service but only received generic response.

Appreciate any help.

Kind regards

ariff21
India

Post by ariff21 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:46 am

Hi Rajiv

Your wife submitted passport on 15 Jan and your admin review successfull on 2 Jan

Date not matching

One of my friend has same issue and they took 2 weeks time to process

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:17 pm

Hi Arrif21,

Thanks for reply.

Please see the below dates which make more sense.

-applied for tier 2 dependent on 15 Nov 2018
-submitted passport and docs on 20 Nov 2018
-visa refusal on 10 December 2018 with passport returned
-applied for admin review on 18 December 2018
-refusal overturned decision email received on 2 Jan 2019 after review
-IHS payment and passport submission on 15 January 2019 and informed IHS team via email of submission
-Now waiting for passport with visa stamp but no reply or update.

Please let me know if you had a similar experience and in how much time did he received his passport.
Also, please let me know if the passport was sent home or collected at the application centre.

ariff21
India

Post by ariff21 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:43 pm

He received 2-3 weeks and collected at visa centre

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Arrif21,

Thanks for reply and help I know this sounds like a silly question but did he receive any information to collect the passport at visa centre or did he just go to the visa centre and tried his luck.

The reason I am asking is because there has been a severe lack of communication so far and we may not know if the visa is sent to the visa centre. Also it is a couple of days journey for my wife to get there and she won't be let in without good reason.

Thanks and regards

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Dear experts on this site,

Any help to my queries is humbly appreciated.

After chasing constantly through my never ending nightmare of this admin process including contacting the MP. We got a response saying-
' A decision on your application was made on the 3rd February, 2019. Visa Application Centre (VAC) will get in contact with you once your passport is ready for collection'

-What does the decision on 3rd February mean as I had already known my admin review decision of refusal overturn back on 2nd Jan? Is this a re review of my application?

-Is there a possibilty of it being rejected after the admin review was successful and the passport was requested again?

-How long will it take now to get the passport back? It has already been 11 days since decision and the visa is only valid for 30 days. We are still waiting and the clock is running down.

What are the steps to extend the 30 day validity if we receive an expired visa or a very short visa due to these delays?

Please help me with any detail as this is stressful for me and my spouse with no end to our troubles with this application which started on 20 November 2018.

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Please let me know if any one on this forum can help me with any details on the previous post.
Any help will be appreciated.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 pm

Greatexpat wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:33 pm
Please let me know if any one on this forum can help me with any details on the previous post.
Hi,
I believe thr is LandLine Contact Number for Visa Application Centre (VAC) ,why not call& ask them!
Believe In Reality

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:52 pm

gbptier1general wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:37 pm
Greatexpat wrote:
Hi,
I believe thr is LandLine Contact Number for Visa Application Centre (VAC) ,why not call& ask them!
Hi,
Looks u r panicking?
The response u got says thy wil let u know once Passport is ready for collection.
' A decision on your application was made on the 3rd February, 2019. Visa Application Centre (VAC) will get in contact with you once your passport is ready for collection'

Call them thr is LandLine Ph Number for VFS offices Chennai/(Hyd)/Delhi/Mumbai.So, state ur concern &Follow up in Emails&then Calls.
You can walk down thr thy will assist u.
Let me know if u need anything else.
Believe In Reality

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 am

Hi gbptier1general,

Thanks for your reply.
I cant find any number for the UK VFS offices in India. The only contact available is for the paid service UKVI customer support which give template replies and are of not much use. They escalate the issue and ask to wait for 15 working days. After you get no reply after waiting, they escalate the issue and ask to wait for 15 working days. And repeat. And repeat.

I am starting to believe they have forgotten about my wife's visa and passport or they are delaying it on purpose. Only stamping is required and it has been 25 days since the decision was made and no update whatsoever. A new application takes 3 weeks from submission. This can go on indefinitely whereas the visa itself was for 2.5 years.

Are they not supposed to inform if there is too much delay about the reason of the delay?
Is there no service standards that home office has set for completing applications?

It is really troubling to think that the initial refusal was because of ECO error and because of his/her error. It has been over 3 months and the visa hasn't been issued. I would advise anyone not to go for admin review if they don't want to be stuck indefinitely waiting for their visa. The extra money for new application is not worth the wait and stress.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Greatexpat wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:41 am
Hi gbptier1general,

Thanks for your reply.
I cant find any number for the UK VFS offices in India. The only contact available is for the paid service UKVI customer support which give template replies and are of not much use. They escalate the issue and ask to wait for 15 working days. After you get no reply after waiting, they escalate the issue and ask to wait for 15 working days. And repeat. And repeat.

I am starting to believe they have forgotten about my wife's visa and passport or they are delaying it on purpose. Only stamping is required and it has been 25 days since the decision was made and no update whatsoever. A new application takes 3 weeks from submission. This can go on indefinitely whereas the visa itself was for 2.5 years.

Are they not supposed to inform if there is too much delay about the reason of the delay?
Is there no service standards that home office has set for completing applications?

It is really troubling to think that the initial refusal was because of ECO error and because of his/her error. It has been over 3 months and the visa hasn't been issued. I would advise anyone not to go for admin review if they don't want to be stuck indefinitely waiting for their visa. The extra money for new application is not worth the wait and stress.
Hi ,
AR is NOT this complicated.This looks 80%communication Error,some where link was broken.
Pls walkinto the VFS Office Chennai/Delhi/Mumbai(which ever is ur office)with a reminder mail&ur Communication Docs.
Nowadays thy r replacing Stamping with BRP cards,so a confusion for all.
They will definitely address this.Which office u r supposed to collect from?
Believe In Reality

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi gbptier1general,

Thanks for your reply.
The VFS is in Pune, India.
My wife went there last week with all the communication. They did not let her in but someone came out to say that they have got nothing for her.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:39 pm

Greatexpat wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:08 pm
Hi gbptier1general,

Thanks for your reply.
The VFS is in Pune, India.
My wife went there last week with all the communication. They did not let her in but someone came out to say that they have got nothing for her.
I think Pune is only sub-Branch where Mumbai Office acts as Main Office in ur case,go to nearest HeadOffice,thy will guide.What u mentioned is correct, thy wil come to & then may let into office.
Let me know if u have further difficulties.
Believe In Reality

Greatexpat
India

Post by Greatexpat » Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:52 pm

Hi gbptier1general,
Thanks for your reply.

My wife went to the Pune centre yesterday and received a call just before reaching that the passport has been received. But when she got the passport yesterday , the visa expiry date was 5 March. There was no way she could make it to UK on the same day and her visa has expired. :cry: it seems we cannot catch a break.

She has resubmitted the visa for correction. Will it be processed on time? How long will it take and is anyone familiar with such a case?

shingy
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by shingy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:25 pm

Have yiu recieved your visa yet?

DDixit
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by DDixit » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:14 am

Greatexpat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am
Hi,

My wife applied for a Tier 2 dependent visa in India and received a refusal. We applied for an administrative review. We received an email which resulted in the refusal being overturned last week on 2-Jan-19.
The decision making centre will be in touch shortly regarding the processing of your visa.

Please let me know what are the next steps and how long does it usually take for the decision making centre to get in touch and how long does it take to process.

Cheers,
Rajiv
Hello Rajeev, Can you please confirm that time gap between you received email that your decision is overturned and IHS payment link you received? If possible can you please share your email id?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:16 am

DDixit wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:14 am
Greatexpat wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:41 am
Hi,

Cheers,
Rajiv
Hello Rajeev, Can you please confirm that time gap between you received email that your decision is overturned and IHS payment link you received? If possible can you please share your email id?
Members are NOT permitted to post ANY form of personal contact information on the forum. I strongly suggest you read the forum rules, as you were required to when joining the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DDixit
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by DDixit » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:19 am

gbptier1general wrote:
Greatexpat wrote:
Hi,
Can you or anyone please share timelines from you received AR review successful > received IHS payment link > Submitted passport > Receive Passport back.

gbptier1general
BANNED

Post by gbptier1general » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:49 pm

DDixit wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:19 am
gbptier1general wrote:
Greatexpat wrote:
Hi,
Can you or anyone please share timelines from you received AR review successful > received IHS payment link > Submitted passport > Receive Passport back.
Hi,
Not sure what ur case, but 15days could be for renewal(could be less than 15days too as u got approval already) &pls change ur collection to Mumbai than Pune, this will make u pick up ur passport & communicate faster as it is direct main branch.
in 3rd week if u still did not receive, just Call& then go walk into Mumbai-Office 4th week, it should be in ur hands.
GoodLuck
Believe In Reality