ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Canadian get married to a uk asylum seeker on tier 5 visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

siddiquesalwa
Newly Registered
Canada

Canadian get married to a uk asylum seeker on tier 5 visa

Post by siddiquesalwa » Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:59 pm

I am going to Uk with a tier 5 work and travel visa. I am a canadian citizen and i would like to marry my fiancè at ome point, who is currently residing in the uk and have applied for asylum.

Can we get married ? If so what is the procedure as we would like start the process asap. Help and advice much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Canadian get married to a uk asylum seeker on tier 5 visa

Post by CR001 » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:39 pm

In order to marry in the UK, you are both required to attend an HO approved Registry office to give 28 days notice of intent to marry, with passports/proof of ID/immigration status.

The Registry office then informs HO that you want to marry and the 28 days notice period could be extended to 70 days for HO to investigate and/or interview each of you separately before you are given permission to marry.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Canadian get married to a uk asylum seeker on tier 5 visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:34 am

Based on the information you have supplied the marriage will not be allowed and there is every possibility you will have your visa curtailed on the basis you intended to enter the country to marry. The issue here is one of intent.... what is the true reason for your visit. Assuming you are coming on YMS then your intent is to experience the UK and return home... getting married would involve another visa type.