ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a new-born with Canadian passport join FLR parents in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nid_Gulj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tajikistan

Can a new-born with Canadian passport join FLR parents in UK

Post by Nid_Gulj » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:34 pm

Hello Friends,

My wife and I are both Tajik citizen and have FLR, me 5 year parent route and my wife 10 year partner route. We are expecting a baby in March 2019 (very excited). As my aunt lives in Canada and is willing to support us during pregnancy and delivery we would like to go to Canada for delivery of our baby next March. Our baby will be granted a Canadian citizenship (jus soli).

The question: Can our baby join us in the UK with Canadian passport?
Once in UK we plan to apply for FLR for the baby too.

Thank you for your kind advises.

Cheers,
N

Nid_Gulj
Newly Registered
Mood:
Tajikistan

Child born outside UK to parents with FLR

Post by Nid_Gulj » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:38 am

Hello Friends,

We need your help in clarifying a situation. My wife and I both hold FLR (we got it through FLR FP application, mine is 5-year route and my wife's 10-year route).

We are expecting a baby end of March and decided to give birth in Canada as there is family support there and the baby gets Canadian citizenship by birth.

As a Canadian citizen the baby has the right to enter UK for 90 days. Can we apply for our child FLR while she is as a visitor in UK. If we apply from outside, most probably we need to stay outside UK for longer than 90 days and this will breach our status to apply for ILR.

What are our options?

vinny

Re: Can a new-born with Canadian passport join FLR parents in UK

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:53 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:10 am

Possible, but perhaps complicated. If child is not refused leave to enter as a visitor and not accused of deception and being an illegal immigrant after entry and there was a change of circumstances that prevented child from returning to apply for the proper entry clearance, etc.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:23 pm

Why you got 5 years on the parent route, is there a British Citizen child in the equation.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors