ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply naturalisation immediately after ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Aishnee
Newly Registered

Apply naturalisation immediately after ILR

Post by Aishnee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:47 pm

Hello there

I got my Settlement indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 year long resident on 10.02.2019. However I been in UK for 12yesrs by now. So can I apply for British citizenship with out waiting 12 monty period on ILR? Please help me to find out can I apply immediately

Aishnee
Newly Registered

Apply for kids British citizenship

Post by Aishnee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm

Hello there

I just got my ILR on the basis of long resident.and I have 2 kids.they having refugee status as they were Born before I get ILR and I was in refugee that time. So now my kids can have British citizenship . If so how can I obtain it for them? Or will they automatically get it? Please help me to short this out

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply naturalisation immediately after ILR

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:02 pm

Aishnee wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:47 pm
Hello there

I got my Settlement indefinite leave to remain on the basis of 10 year long resident on 10.02.2019. However I been in UK for 12yesrs by now. So can I apply for British citizenship with out waiting 12 monty period on ILR? Please help me to find out can I apply immediately
Unless you are married to a British citizen, you have to wait the mandatory 12 months on ILR before you can apply for citizenship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Apply for kids British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:03 pm

Aishnee wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:56 pm
Hello there

I just got my ILR on the basis of long resident.and I have 2 kids.they having refugee status as they were Born before I get ILR and I was in refugee that time. So now my kids can have British citizenship . If so how can I obtain it for them? Or will they automatically get it? Please help me to short this out
If the children were born in the UK, they can apply on form MN1 to register as British under section 1(3) of the nationality act. It is NOT 'automatic' that they get it simply because you got ILR now.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Aishnee
Newly Registered

Re: Apply naturalisation immediately after ILR

Post by Aishnee » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:50 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt replies
I just wanted to know on MN1 one referee is a professional says either teacher or GP , I check with school n my GP unfortunately they both refuse to sign as they says they not doing this. So what shall I do and whom can I sign as a referee that my child know as by profession way