ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics enquiry

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Biometrics enquiry

Post by Hugos » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:07 pm

Hi All , I want to start by appreciating the good works of the moderators of this forum and members alike who have been helpful and continually offered their selfless services.

I have been a silent member and by reading and following the guidance and experiences of members I have since successfully applied and obtained my EEA2 and Right of Retention.

I have now put forward a PR application which I sent out on the 12th of January 2019, payment was by Postal order and email received with Case ID on the 18th of January. Till date, I am yet to receive any other correspondence.

Now going by the recent timelines for PR applications with reference to how soon bio-metric letters tend to be sent out from the time of receipt of application , I couldn't help but begin to wonder if perhaps this is an isolated case?

A recent post in the EEA(FM) EEA2 - TIMELINES where a certain member " @CityofAngels " had to chase them via email for the Biometric letter,.

@CityofAngels ; Just wondering if you could please assist with this email address and possibly an idea of how you went about it.

Also any suggestion , thoughts , advice or questions are welcome.

Thank you all in advance

Kind regards

Hugo

DyerMaker
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Biometrics enquiry

Post by DyerMaker » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am

Thank you for this post. I am also interested in that exact question. My husband (EU citizen) and I (non-EEA) have applied for the EEA QP/FM jointly on January 22 and received confirmation of the application and documents received to the HO. Since then, we have not received any correspondence such as COA or biometrics enrolment letter. Really curious what the user @CityofAngels has done and if it something we should do as well!

naobress
Newly Registered
Italy

Post by naobress » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:15 am

I'm on the same boat - also applied on 22 January! I wonder if they are starting to get a backlog. Pretty worried, mostly about all my original documents that are sitting somewhere currently unknown!

Romy88
Ukraine

Post by Romy88 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi Guys

I do not want you to panic but wait up to 3 or 4 weeks and then email them by providing your case ID and etc. I can share with you my bad experience when I was waiting for biometric enrollment letter for 3 weeks. Then I sent them even more documents as evidence and also let them know that my biometric did not arrive. In one week time they returned my documents saying that I completed wrong application and should reapply. Also before my documents have been returned I was refunded. So this is another key for you to check you account which you have used to pay for residence card. I hope I will help in some way. But still, do not panic and all the best.

Kind regards

Yuliya

DyerMaker
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DyerMaker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:11 pm

DyerMaker wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 am
Thank you for this post. I am also interested in that exact question. My husband (EU citizen) and I (non-EEA) have applied for the EEA QP/FM jointly on January 22 and received confirmation of the application and documents received to the HO. Since then, we have not received any correspondence such as COA or biometrics enrolment letter. Really curious what the user @CityofAngels has done and if it something we should do as well!
Hi All,

Just wanted to give an update--I finally received my biometrics enrolment letter yesterday (Saturday) afternoon! It was dated for Feb 5, but didn't arrive via post until Feb 16. I will go to the post office for biometrics tomorrow morning. Hopefully a COA letter comes shortly.

Hope you guys get something soon!

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:01 pm

Update
Apologies guys , just thought I’d update the forum .
Biometrics was dispatched on 13th Feb. the day I made the original enquiry however arrived on the 16th and completed same day .

The wait continues .....

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:14 pm

Hello Guys ,
@naobress
@DyerMaker

Has anyone received their COA's or even BRP yet, after Biometrics?
what are your updates if any .... kindly share

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:06 pm

Btw how did you contact them to chase up on biometrics? Email ? Which one?
Phone or letter..where ?
Thanks for your help

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:22 pm

zafran1 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:06 pm
Btw how did you contact them to chase up on biometrics? Email ? Which one?
Phone or letter..where ?
Thanks for your help
I actually didn't chase them up, although i was actually planning on sending them an email via the address below on the Monday after my original post, fortunately i received the letter that weekend.

EuroBiometrics@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

whilst searching on this forum, several people stated they sent emails using the above, however like i said, i didn't end up using it , hence unable to attest to it.

DyerMaker
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DyerMaker » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:26 pm

Hi Hugo,

I received my COA in the mail last Tuesday (26/02) and it was dated for 20/02. I'm still waiting on the BRP though, but hopefully that comes soon. I will keep updated! How about you?

Best of luck!!!

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:47 pm

Hi DyerMaker,

That's good news,happy for you.

well , there's no update yet on my part since the Biometrics letter so I've been forced to put on my garment of patience :wink:

Might have to email them next week if nothing happens by the weekend.

DyerMaker
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DyerMaker » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:36 am

Ooh well the fact you got the biometrics letter eventually seems like a good sign at least! I am sorry, I just actually remembered that my HR department told me that the Home Office says they will take a full 10 business days after receiving biometrics before they dispatch COA. And then there's the time it takes to mail, so it could be very possible that yours is on the way. If not this week, I agree it's time to call. I'm not sure how mine came that fast when the letter took so long. I'll keep my fingers crossed for everyone!

zafran1
Iran

Post by zafran1 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:00 pm

How long after application receipt date can we request for biometrics letter - 21 days or 21 working days.
Thanks

DyerMaker
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by DyerMaker » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Hi All. Just one final update! I received my BRP in the mail this afternoon after missing its delivery last Friday 08/03 :). Hopefully the original documents are returned shortly. Best wishes to everyone else.

Hugos
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Hugos » Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:45 am

DyerMaker wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:57 pm
Hi All. Just one final update! I received my BRP in the mail this afternoon after missing its delivery last Friday 08/03 :). Hopefully the original documents are returned shortly. Best wishes to everyone else.
Congrats DyerMaker, your wait is now over :)

I still have not got an update to post as at yet myself,

My application would have been 2 months by 15th of March.....judging by current timelines , it seems weird i know.

The problem is that I can't even call as at yet cos its not 6 months yet as per their advised Service level Agreement.

I'd appreciate it anyone knows emails where one can channel my inquiries to.

Hugo.

Millionboard
Newly Registered

Post by Millionboard » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:14 am

I sent my application by post 15/01/2019.
Biometric done 08/02/2019.
Long COA received 14/02/2019.
Still waiting for BRP.
Seeing the timeline PR, this one is taking longer