ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New student visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jimbo111
Newly Registered
Japan

New student visa application

Post by jimbo111 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi, I hope the question is not being repeated but basically I quit uni last October and was asked to return my BRPs and thought I successfully did it. However, when I came back to England a guy at UK Boarder told me it has not been returned. I am looking to apply for new student visa since I will be studying at a different uni this year and if any of you guys who have possibly been in a similar situation can tell me how much this is gonna affect my future visa application.

Thanks

srsw

Re: New student visa application

Post by srsw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 pm

Who did you return the BRP to?

On which visa did you enter UK again?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

jimbo111
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by jimbo111 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:53 pm

I sent it back to Home Office UK's BRP management unit.I just told them that I came here for sightseeing so without a visa.

srsw

Post by srsw » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:13 pm

Did you keep any postal acknowledgement / receipt when you sent your BRP to home office?

I don't think it would affect any future applications (as long as you didn't break any visa rules).

Btw, why did you quit your last uni?
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

jimbo111
Newly Registered
Japan

Post by jimbo111 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:32 pm

I believe I have not kept any receipt but currently asking the post office that I used for reprinting and then will contact Home Office again. It's not that I got my visa taken away so I should be fine then. I left uni because I thought the course I was doing is not really for me.

I feel relieved now thank you so much for the answers.